Why Do People Count Colby Out Against Usman

Because they have no clue what they're talking about and lol at anyone who thinks usman is a better wrestler than colby.

Typical liberal, takes an outlier and tries to pretend it's the norm lol.
<TheDonald>
Colby was Juco before he was D1. Carlton Haselrig was a D2 wrestler who during his sophomore, junior, and senior seasons won the D2 championships, and back then the D2 champion had an opportunity to compete in the D1 championships, and he won the D1 championships those 3 seasons as well, becoming the NCAA's only 6 time champion

Last edited:
He's blacker than Colby and that's it. It's not even an advantage.

Usman's striking is only good when his opponents are gassed
So is Colby's, but Usman doesn't get pieced up until that point like Colby does.

Jon Jones was a JuCo wrestler who outgrappled Cormier and Hendo.

And not all D1 programs are created equal.

Nick and Nate Diaz don't have power either but they still beat the fuck out of guys with their striking.
they're actually decent boxers and have attributes that help like height, reach, chin, cardio, etc etc.

colby is a dogshit striker with no power.

WHAT? You mean Maia left Colby in a pool of blood. Colby is the only guy to ever look worse than Maia after standing with him.

colby-covington-demian-maia-ufc-fight-night-119.jpg
Can see you've developed some selective memory

so-paulo-sp-29102017-ufc-fight-night-fight-between-demian-maia-black-KFHH8W.jpg

As a Jones supporter, it was very entertaining watch them get down on their knees and pray that Jones will lose.

They didn't present a single coherent argument as why Jones would lose against Smith. Just wishful thinking and esoteric "I'm having a vibe that Jones will lose" posts.

#andstill

<JonesDXSuckIt>
lmao the truth. All it is wishful thing.. Now everyone's jumping on Santos and walker to beat him, truth is nothing's changing for awhile <JonesLaugh>

Because people hate Colby(rightfully so, he can't even troll well. Ok he sometimes has a few zingers I'll give him that.) and they let that hate blind them to what he can do.

Can he beat Usman? Yeah probably, great wrestling and cardio for days compared to most, if not all current WWs.

Will he? Maybe, people are still high off Usman's victory over Woodley, so obviously that along with the hate will make people pick Usman blindly.

lmao the truth. All it is wishful thing.. Now everyone's jumping on Santos and walker to beat him, truth is nothing's changing for awhile <JonesLaugh>

I like Johnny Walker though. He brings fun to the LHW division. Hope he keeps destroying UFC's light heavyweights.

this is why i think Colby can win vs Usman.

i don't know why people keep comparing skills, they need to be comparing styles. Colby is a volume striker and Usman mostly uses his striking to open up his wrestling. if Colby can make Usman struggle a bit in the wrestling, and then absolutely unload on him in the striking, it's going to eventually create a huge disparity in damage output.

Exactly. If the wrestling is a wash, I think Colby just beats him with more output on the feet. I don't understand why everyone thinks usman winning is a foregone conclusion. I'm not convinced that usman is better in all areas of the game, either, but he certainly is the physically stronger man.

Its more tough then Tyron, makes me mad that Colby would have made it look just as easy and hed have the belt now
Rustlin jimmies
{<jimmies}

I've been seeing a lot of people say that Usman beating Covington is a fore gone conclusion and I gotta call bullshit. In fact I think Colby might be the toughest fight in the division for Usman due to similar styles. For one Colby had the cardio and pressure to match Usman, is younger and is technically the superior wrestler, Colby is a D1 while Usman is D2. Marty is just stronger in the grappling and has slightly superior striking. Not to mention they've had similar performances against common opponents despite Alves, though Colby did have a broken rib at the time. I understand that you kinda have to have Usman as the favorite going into this fight because of the way he rag dolled Woodley but there is no guarantee that Colby also wouldn't have been able to outwork and beat Tyron after that performance. Overall I feel this will be a competitive fight but plays right into what Covington is known for.
Because the majority of sherdoggers can't accurately assess the skills of someone they dislike. Nothing more, nothing less.

I think Colby CAN beat Usman and I think he will if they fight. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Usman won but I think Colby's pace is a big overlooked part of his skillset and a lot of people underestimate how important a high pace is.

Its more tough then Tyron, makes me mad that Colby would have made it look just as easy and hed have the belt now
Rustlin jimmies
{<jimmies}
I also think Colby would have beat Woodley. He was my pick when I thought they were going to be fighting next.

I like Johnny Walker though. He brings fun to the LHW division. Hope he keeps destroying UFC's light heavyweights.
I hear ya, I like him to but I see alo t of folks already claiming he not only beats Jones but destroys him. He just isn't ready yet imo

WHAT? You mean Maia left Colby in a pool of blood. Colby is the only guy to ever look worse than Maia after standing with him.

colby-covington-demian-maia-ufc-fight-night-119.jpg
Dude, I think you need to rewatch that fight and particularly the last round. Maia was a bloody mess and almost finished... He was seconds away from being stopped when the bell rang.

I've been seeing a lot of people say that Usman beating Covington is a fore gone conclusion and I gotta call bullshit. In fact I think Colby might be the toughest fight in the division for Usman due to similar styles. For one Colby had the cardio and pressure to match Usman, is younger and is technically the superior wrestler, Colby is a D1 while Usman is D2. Marty is just stronger in the grappling and has slightly superior striking. Not to mention they've had similar performances against common opponents despite Alves, though Colby did have a broken rib at the time. I understand that you kinda have to have Usman as the favorite going into this fight because of the way he rag dolled Woodley but there is no guarantee that Colby also wouldn't have been able to outwork and beat Tyron after that performance. Overall I feel this will be a competitive fight but plays right into what Covington is known for.
Because he's not as good?

/thread

Dude, I think you need to rewatch that fight and particularly the last round. Maia was a bloody mess and almost finished... He was seconds away from being stopped when the bell rang.
Which would have made him the only person to have KO'd Maia other than Nate Marquardt who coincidentally KO'd Woodley in Strikeforce lol

Back