Why Do People Count Colby Out Against Usman

I've been seeing a lot of people say that Usman beating Covington is a fore gone conclusion and I gotta call bullshit. In fact I think Colby might be the toughest fight in the division for Usman due to similar styles. For one Colby had the cardio and pressure to match Usman, is younger and is technically the superior wrestler, Colby is a D1 while Usman is D2. Marty is just stronger in the grappling and has slightly superior striking. Not to mention they've had similar performances against common opponents despite Alves, though Colby did have a broken rib at the time. I understand that you kinda have to have Usman as the favorite going into this fight because of the way he rag dolled Woodley but there is no guarantee that Colby also wouldn't have been able to outwork and beat Tyron after that performance. Overall I feel this will be a competitive fight but plays right into what Covington is known for.

I agree.
Because Colby’s Strengths are Usmans strengths and Usman is better everywhere.

Tyrone thought so too. If you think Usman has better cardio, you are just wrong.

Fun fact: they both hold wins over the men who gave them their lone respective losses. Usman best Warrley Alves, who beat Colby and Colby beat Jose Caceres, who beat Usman.

Last edited:
New guy wins the belt and instantly becomes the GOAT and unbeatable. Happens every time a belt changes hands in here.

I don't buy the narrative that usman has better striking than colby. They're both bad strikers, but colby is willing to throw a lot more on the feet than usman and could just burry him in output. Usman also reacts to getting hit far worse than Colby does. Colby is much more game on the feet than usman.

this is why i think Colby can win vs Usman.

i don't know why people keep comparing skills, they need to be comparing styles. Colby is a volume striker and Usman mostly uses his striking to open up his wrestling. if Colby can make Usman struggle a bit in the wrestling, and then absolutely unload on him in the striking, it's going to eventually create a huge disparity in damage output.

because usman literally does everything better than colby, and he's bigger and stronger.

colby might have a little bit of a cardio advantage but not enough to matter.

because usman literally does everything better than colby, and he's bigger and stronger.

colby might have a little bit of a cardio advantage but not enough to matter.

he definitely has a strike output advantage, and that's something everyone is overlooking.

I think they do mostly the same things, but Usman is bigger and a little better standing.

He's blacker than Colby and that's it. It's not even an advantage.

Usman's striking is only good when his opponents are gassed

For instance Colby left Maia in a pool of blood,

WHAT? You mean Maia left Colby in a pool of blood. Colby is the only guy to ever look worse than Maia after standing with him.

colby-covington-demian-maia-ufc-fight-night-119.jpg

I guess it's because Colby can be utterly dominating in each aspect and still look unimpressive. His punches don't have anything behind them on the feet and his grappling is just kind of blah. He's good, but there's nothing threatening about him. He doesn't really commit to any submissions or heavy ground and pound. He's just kind of there. That's why he chooses to compensate with an obnoxious personality.

I disagree that he looked better against EVERY guy. For instance Colby left Maia in a pool of blood, Usman merely outpointed him and was in a few bad spots in that fight. I think Dana might have just been annoyed for Colby wanting more money
The pool of blood thing isn't that impressive. Shots that barely land can cause the worst cuts. Kenny Florian used to slice his elbows in a particular way to increase cuts.

WHAT? You mean Maia left Colby in a pool of blood. Colby is the only guy to ever look worse than Maia after standing with him.

colby-covington-demian-maia-ufc-fight-night-119.jpg

nah Mark Munoz didn't look so hot either when K-1 Maia was striking with him.

Colby is a guy people dislike enough that they can't seem to look at him objectively, they want him to lose so they will count him out. Look at Jones vs Smith and how do many on here actually gave Smith a chance or believed he would win.

Colby would give him a good fight but I'm not sure he wins .

As a Jones supporter, it was very entertaining watch them get down on their knees and pray that Jones will lose.

They didn't present a single coherent argument as why Jones would lose against Smith. Just wishful thinking and esoteric "I'm having a vibe that Jones will lose" posts.

#andstill

<JonesDXSuckIt>

I've been seeing a lot of people say that Usman beating Covington is a fore gone conclusion and I gotta call bullshit. In fact I think Colby might be the toughest fight in the division for Usman due to similar styles. For one Colby had the cardio and pressure to match Usman, is younger and is technically the superior wrestler, Colby is a D1 while Usman is D2. Marty is just stronger in the grappling and has slightly superior striking. Not to mention they've had similar performances against common opponents despite Alves, though Colby did have a broken rib at the time. I understand that you kinda have to have Usman as the favorite going into this fight because of the way he rag dolled Woodley but there is no guarantee that Colby also wouldn't have been able to outwork and beat Tyron after that performance. Overall I feel this will be a competitive fight but plays right into what Covington is known for.
People must be letting the trash talk impact their judgement
No way Colby should be this large a dog.
It's a blanket vs. Blanket match and frankly it seems Colby has better wrestling pedigree (maybe?? I can't tell how well Nebraska ranks )
SmartSelect_20190316-072445_Opera.jpg

When does D1 mean you're better than D2? Did Tervel Dlagnev not win the 2016 olympic trials? Win bronze twice at the world championships?

Typical liberal, takes an outlier and tries to pretend it's the norm lol.
<TheDonald>

Not counting Colby out or anything but I've always said Usman is a bad matchup for Colby. Colby lost the first round getting out boxed by k1 maia lost 2 rounds to RDA even got taken down few times while Usman never lost a round or a minute in those fights or again woodley. Colby use his wrestling advantage against those fighters but won't have that advantage against Usman.

As a Jones supporter, it was very entertaining watch them get down on their knees and pray that Jones will lose.

They didn't present a single coherent argument as why Jones would lose against Smith. Just wishful thinking and esoteric "I'm having a vibe that Jones will lose" posts.

#andstill

<JonesDXSuckIt>
#AndstillPulsing
You missed the part where he fails a drug test every single fight

Back