Why do people consider Penn/GSP 1 a robbery?

No, its calling a spade a spade.

Was BJ Penn advance for that era of lightweights? Yes. His groundgame was unmatched and his striking far better than most.

Was he ever 'The GOAT?' Not even close.

GOAT-contenders have had tough fights in which they've battled back from adversity. BJ Penn either overwhelms his opponents from the first round to the end of the fight, or he realizes he's outmatched in the first round and eventually quits.

That's why BJ Penn isn't, and never was, the GOAT. He's a quitter.

Even Conor McGregor, who I'm also not a fan of, battled Diaz in the rematch all five rounds, even though he was gassed by end of the 2nd round, to win by decision. (Personally I had it a draw)

McGregor also is no where close to being a GOAT in any weightclass but at least he has ONE tough fight he battled through adversity to win. I give him that respect for it.

Calling a spade a spade.
hmmm... yeah...yeahh... what you call "callin´a spade a spade", I call it: havin´limited historical perspective..

Your contradiction: a natural LW bein´somehow 'exposed' after battlin´a natural [arguably huge, who even started his career as a LHW vs Wilson Gouveia] WW to a draw...

It iz what it iz.

About BJ quitter:

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/deconstructing-mma-myths-part-29-bj-penn-the-frontrunner.3925599/

hmmm... yeah...yeahh... what you call "callin´a spade a spade", I call it: havin´limited historical perspective..

Your contradiction: a natural LW bein´somehow 'exposed' after battlin´a natural [arguably huge, who even started his career as a LHW vs Wilson Gouveia] WW to a draw...

It iz what it iz.

About BJ quitter:

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/deconstructing-mma-myths-part-29-bj-penn-the-frontrunner.3925599/

Some points about that OP...

1/ BJ vs Jens Pulver 1:

> The 1st Rd was pretty competitive:

2/ BJ vs Caol Uno 2:

> BJ arguably won the 1st Rd:

> BJ arguably won the 1st Rd:

See a pattern? He didn't lose those first rounds in his mind, and so his motivation was still high to win the fight.

I will give Penn respect for having the balls to go up weightclasses to fight larger men, and in Machida's case the FAR larger man. Even though he has ONE win in those weightclasses, two if you count the third fight with Hughes. (That second sentence may sound like an insult after a compliment, but I truly do admire Penn's warrior mindset for doing so. He did something many times what multiple current champions don't have the balls to do.)

I dont. If Bj wanted to win he should have done shit past rd 1,which was still a close rd,despite him bustin gsps nose. Made it look worse than it was.

It iz what it iz.

About BJ quitter:

NO RUSH and now BJ QUITTER

LET IT NOT BE SAID THAT MR BTW DOESNT CALL IT RIGHT DOWN THE MIDDLE

yuji-shimada-9987b7b5-731f-421c-9deb-a5a361ebd0e-resize-750.jpeg

Some points about that OP...

See a pattern? He didn't lose those first rounds in his mind, and so his motivation was still high to win the fight.

)
Weak rebuttal. Your original narrative was that, technically, he couldnt face adversity & was a frontrunner.

Meanwhile, what....exactly...did...ya...read...

I wrote:

1/ BJ vs Jens Pulver 1:

Technical Assessment of the Fight:

> The 1st Rd was pretty competitive:
BJ arguably won the 1st half, gettin´the fight to the ground:
Ground Control BJ = 2mn10s
But Pulver managed to get back to his feet, got trapped in a standin´guillotine but slammed BJ on the ground.
Ground Control Pulver 1 = 1mn40s

After a stand-up call by the Ref., Pulver started to put pressure on BJ, who looked hesitant and chose to pull guard [out of nowhere...]
Ground Control Pulver 2 = 1mn

> Overall, BJ was arguably dominated by the end of the Round, physically and even mentally, potentially...

> But... BJ did rally in the 2nd Rd:

and...somehow... you understood that "He didn't lose those first rounds in his mind, and so his motivation was still high to win the fight."

You Seriouz?

NO RUSH and now BJ QUITTER

LET IT NOT BE SAID THAT MR BTW DOESNT CALL IT RIGHT DOWN THE MIDDLE

yuji-shimada-9987b7b5-731f-421c-9deb-a5a361ebd0e-resize-750.jpeg

Mighty Gono da Street Buddah is on fire ITT!

yuji shimada - wand vs hunto Rd 1.gif

Reactions: HHJ
Penn used to have the worst nuthuggers in the sport

I'm not even exaggerating, I mean literally the worst fans ever
Wasn’t topped until the McNuggets came along.

GSP does something to haters that makes them completely irrational. Even Gono BTW falls for it. You guys might as well not argue with him on this, he isn’t going to here. I had once seen him bashing GSP for losing to Serra in and Anderson bs GSP thread. When I brought up Silva’s less than inspiring losses in Pride, he went on to tell me how stupid I was because Takase was one of the greats.

Only a GSP hater could make arguments that ludicrous

GSP does something to haters that makes them completely irrational. Even Gono BTW falls for it. You guys might as well not argue with him on this, he isn’t going to here. I had once seen him bashing GSP for losing to Serra in and Anderson bs GSP thread. When I brought up Silva’s less than inspiring losses in Pride, he went on to tell me how stupid I was because Takase was one of the greats.

Only a GSP hater could make arguments that ludicrous
Yes yes yes
but he makes up for it with his monolithic decons threads,which are so full of infos and gifs,that the structural integrity of the bandwith is compromised.

meh...you´re such a weak coward & an irrelevant poster, you cant even discuss these fighters & fights.

Jus´Sit Down & Stay Quiet.
Oh no my feelings.

GSP really triggers you and makes you sound like a total moron. It’s hilarious

Yes yes yes
but he makes up for it with his monolithic decons threads,which are so full of infos and gifs,that the structural integrity of the bandwith is compromised.
Those bumz cant even carry Mighty Gono´s jockstrap... Iz Da Truth...

giant ochai 2.gif

Reactions: HHJ
Back