Why do people consider Penn/GSP 1 a robbery?

They believe eye poke + blood from clipped nose should count more in judging.

Already answered in my post, ask someone to read for you, mate.

Look at this ´tard repeatin´the same BS over & over again. You´ve already been proven wrong on this one, fool.

And lets pretend now that No Rush had no broken nose too, right?

Proven wrong? You mean that blury picture where it was unclear whether the thumb entered the eye or not?

Fact is GSP had a cut on the eyeball. If you think a knuckle can do that then you need help.

Penn always punched with his thumb out. Always.

And no I won't read back and try to check your scoring. You take 2 seconds of your precious mother's basement free time and repeat to me how scored it. Or you can just avoid the question as usual. :rolleyes:

Oh and I love how "GSP couldn't finish one eye Koscheck and he fought a one eyed Bisping and fucking whatnot" like it nullify the accomplishments but these same guys never give credit to GSP for winning with one eye against Penn and Shields.

Last edited:
Even Hughes agreed with the decision.
Someone actually posted the fight in this thread. The first round was a lot closer the people remember as well. Penn won that round, no dispute there, but it’s a far far cry from 10-8. I dare say it was quite competitive minus GSP getting busted open early.

clear 29-28 GSP

BJ Penn fans have always had a difficult time accepting his losses. In their eyes, he has never truly lost because “motivated” BJ Penn doesn’t lose

ShinyFrequentElkhound-size_restricted.gif

These are the strikes that Strikemetric are counting.
GSP is just a WW version of Volkanovski

Round one was 10-8 BJ, round two was 10-9 Pierre (laynpray), round 3 was 10-9 Penn (almost gogo'd Pierre).

Round 1 was nowhere close to a 10-8.. seriously what kind of drug are you on that you can't handle. If anything it is closer to a 10-10. Even a 10-9 for GSP is better than giving BJ a 10-8.

oh you're saying its a 10-8 first round? LOL
hmmm...nah...Im actually sayin´that 10-10 or 10-9 No Rush are not less absurd than 10-8 BJ . Those 3 options are not realistic ones, which makes your assessment kindah ridiculous, tbh...

BJ's fanbase back then was otherworldly. many people werent even mma/UFC fans, but specifically BJ Penn fans.

Some of you youngins constantly bitch about Conor's fanbase.......you have no idea.

hmmm...nah...Im actually sayin´that 10-10 or 10-9 No Rush are not less absurd than 10-8 BJ . Those 3 options are not realistic ones, which makes your assessment kindah ridiculous, tbh...

LOL. not biased at all bro right?

The 1st part of your assessment is a moot point, while the 2nd part is a complete contradiction.

It iz what it iz.

No, its calling a spade a spade.

Was BJ Penn advance for that era of lightweights? Yes. His groundgame was unmatched and his striking far better than most.

Was he ever 'The GOAT?' Not even close.

GOAT-contenders have had tough fights in which they've battled back from adversity. BJ Penn either overwhelms his opponents from the first round to the end of the fight, or he realizes he's outmatched in the first round and eventually quits.

That's why BJ Penn isn't, and never was, the GOAT. He's a quitter.

Even Conor McGregor, who I'm also not a fan of, battled Diaz in the rematch all five rounds, even though he was gassed by end of the 2nd round, to win by decision. (Personally I had it a draw)

McGregor also is no where close to being a GOAT in any weightclass but at least he has ONE tough fight he battled through adversity to win. I give him that respect for it.

Calling a spade a spade.

At the time, penn was completely fine when the fight ended, while gsp was so beat up he had to rush to the hospital.

I agree that gsp won rounds 2 and 3, thus the fight, but ppl were griping a lot about that.

basically pride rules, bj would have won

It was a close-ish fight. Penn got rd1, rd2 could be arguable, rd3 was GsP for sure. That cap makes people think it was a lopsided GSP win, but GSP had to earn it every round so it was a competitive fight, close in spots, but a GSP win.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back