Why do people choose to live like this ?

usfbrah

Chronic gambler
@Brown
Reaction score

Was watching this on YouTube and Jesus, why live like that? Seems to be no respect for anything in this community. Why not try to make it a better place ? Try to do something better. I came from places like this but I was never one to try to glorify living like an idiot. I want to live next to places where the buildings and people like nice. And if it didn't, I would try to help and repair the community. Seems like now a days, people just make there communities worse an would rather just shit on it and leave it for there kids to get fucked up in

woodley.jpg

Because they don't give a shit about their community, only what benefits them. That reason is why shit is fucked up

That shit doesn't even look that bad. Some of those houses at the beginning would go for like 2-3 million in my area.

I was watching that and I was like that looks like detroit then I seen the party store and dexter ave sign and was like yup.

That shit doesn't even look that bad. Some of those houses at the beginning would go for like 2-3 million in my area.

Lmmfao go there then homie. Most of that property/housing is worth a couple thousand.

Are there even people living in most of those homes? Isn't the population of Detroit these days like half what it was 50 years ago?

So basically some abandoned houses, overgrown shrubbery, and some dumped trash in one shot.

I mean, I don't have to live around that shit because I'm lucky enough live in a place where local government doesn't abide it, not because I'm just a better person.

Like if I saw some dumped trash, which I often do, all I have to do is make a phone call and it's gone by the end of the day. I didn't have to do shit myself but pay my taxes.

I don't think it's a choice as much as me not being a billionaire is not a choice. It isn't as if those guys could just go get a job as stock brokers.

Not gonna watch the video, but judging from the title I'm going to say because poverty.

Poverty fucks people up in every way possible. Increased rates of violence, mental illness, drug abuse , incarceration, teen pregnancy, etc. People can't do any better because they don't know any better and have only been around other fucked up people their entire lives. Not shocking.

Was watching this on YouTube and Jesus, why live like that? Seems to be no respect for anything in this community. Why not try to make it a better place ? Try to do something better. I came from places like this but I was never one to try to glorify living like an idiot. I want to live next to places where the buildings and people like nice. And if it didn't, I would try to help and repair the community. Seems like now a days, people just make there communities worse an would rather just shit on it and leave it for there kids to get fucked up in

Some of the houses in that video are huge but in such terrible areas that they are literally worth about $5k, only in America.

Not gonna watch the video, but judging from the title I'm going to say because poverty.

Poverty fucks people up in every way possible. Increased rates of violence, mental illness, drug abuse , incarceration, teen pregnancy, etc. People can't do any better because they don't know any better and have only been around other fucked up people their entire lives. Not shocking.

Also there is a tendency for people of shit genetics to be poor as fuck.

It's important to remember when looking how to deal with the problem that you don't have to just throw money at it, you have to deal with some people who just keep making bad decisions.

It's why the state is so necessary, because no one else is going to help generations of idiots.

Remember I said some, I'm aware most people in poverty are fine, just unlucky to be born into it and a generation of help would likely lift their genetic line out of the gutter.

Also there is a tendency for people of shit genetics to be poor as fuck.

It's important to remember when looking how to deal with the problem that you don't have to just throw money at it, you have to deal with some people who just keep making bad decisions.

It's why the state is so necessary, because no one else is going to help generations of idiots.

Remember I said some, I'm aware most people in poverty are fine, just unlucky to be born into it and a generation of help would likely lift their genetic line out of the gutter.

Yup people say "but look at all the aid we already give the poor!"

But that aid comes in the form of low income housing food stamps, etc. That just helps to maintain things as they are.

What is needed is better education to stop people from following the cycle of making the same dumbass choices their parents did. People in the ghetto are basically on a conveyor belt. No mentors, nobody to look to as an example of success. Drug abuse, prostitution, minimum wage jobs, gangs, etc.

All just waiting to swallow up the next generation. Anyone smart enough to rise above it leaves the ghetto immediately and never comes back, so the next generation still has no role models.

My first house looked worse than that when I bought it.

These people did not choose this life.... this life chose them.

1gis3h.jpg

Back