Why do people care what other people eat?

Well i am tired of seeing all these obese fuckers waggle by for example

How come a lot of these animals rights folks are fine with having carnivores as pets and feeding them processed meat?
That's a good question and actually constructive.

I assume some rationalize it by thinking/saying they have no other choice if they're too own the animal (which is a legit carnivore) and that they're not the ones eating it. It'd be harder for an ethical vegan to rationalize as it directly contradicts their intent.

Because vegans think they are morally superior and like to argue. Meat eaters don't go around telling people what to eat.

Also, never liked wings. I mean I can eat the hell out of some breasts, thighs, and legs, but the wings..nah

Cause your meat eating is killing our planet. Or something like that

I don’t care who eats Tide Pods...thins out the herd.

I care about what my family members eat, not you random strangers on the internet.

2 cases:

1) They are insecure about their own alimentation so they try to validate themselves
2) They have experienced with a bunch of diets and talk from their on experiences.

And I would add a 3rd one just in case:

3) There are obese people everywhere who are costing the whole society a bunch of resources and money because they can't stop putting crap into their mouths.
Is like being obese is a good thing now... yeah, but they are all unfuckable.

wrong place to ask this, where a bunch of skinny-fat bros with dad bods who work out two days a week get angry at fat people for being alive in the world

Probably because some vegans can be really obnoxious about their diet and their stance about eating meat and some meat eaters can't see past what they are accustomed to and like to associate those customes with manliness. Both sides with their beliefs and behaviors can work antagonizing towards the other.
That is the worst kind of people.

My ex gf who I lived with for 5 and a half year was always either vegetarian or vegan. I swear to god she never tried to push that believes in me. And she made the sickest meat empanadas you would ever eat. She cooked any meat with no problems. Just didn't eat it.

I know a bunch of vegetarians/vegans like that. But other times they can be very judgmental. And same goes for meat eaters (here in Argentina meat is sacred) who say that vegans are mentally sick people. Fuck them.

Stupid fat lard asses always drinking 2x gigantic Sam's Club ICEE floats and their health problems are causing my health insurance premiums to skyrocket.

I don't mind, with the exception of people eating nutritionally void food all day. (ie bread all day with jam or something like that).

Your opinion is based on your belief that food choices sit merely in the realm of individual choice. But that's subjective. For instance in countries with single payer, society ends up footing the bill for the poor food choices that people make throughout their lifetime. Climate change is another issue where collective choices is an issue, although I don't expect people will do anything about it until obvious effects start appearing.

People who like the same food stick together.

Imagine you adopted a new guy into the tribe but he hates the food near your cave? He's going to split up the group and get people killed searching for whatever food he remembers from his old tribe who all died from food related causes.

We're hard wired to like people who eat what we eat. This is why dinner dates is a thing and why women love it when you correctly guess what they want to eat.

Back