Why Do People Care That Woodley Wants to Make More Money?

because it is fundamental that champions take championship fights. nothing less.

That's just the problem OP. There were plenty of people who opposed Mcgregor vs Diaz 1 from the start. It's the same deal with Dan Henderson. Bisping should have never been allowed to fight Henderson as his first defense.

And Woodly shouldn't be allowed to fight a guy who fights once every 2 years.

And Ronda Rousey shouldn't be fighting for the title on her return.

Most champs get a new contract where they get extra pay from ppv points. Plus they can renegotiate their pay based on who they're fighting.

I've always heard it is rare to get PPV points. You get the points if you pack the stands. Woodley doesn't have much name value and will likely defend on events with a big name Co main.

As far as renegotiating based on opponent that doesn't seem accurate. I can't imagine the UFC renegotiated everyones contracts every time they put together an event. Everyone I know who has fought in the UFC had a contract for X amount of fights with incremental increases for wins. Like first fight on the contract is 20 and 20 if they win the next fight is 25 and 25 if they lose it stays at 20 and 20. It didn't matter who they fought. I don't know any champs or former champs though so it could be different at that level.

Woodley just knocked fucking Robbie Lawler out.

And I predicted he had a very good chance of doing it. As I said in reality Robbie should of lost 2 of his last 3, been in a bunch of wars lately and his chin looked to be fading after being hurt a bunch of times, and looked a good bit smaller coming back from his 7 month break. KOing him is impressive but it doesn't make Woodley some amazing fighter all the sudden. He's still the same guy who got son'd by Rory and barely beat a Kelvin who had a horrible cut and looked like shit.

One punch doesn't all the sudden erase the last 5 years of your career and make you the best fighter in the division. Wonderboys last few years have been far more impressive.

And I predicted he had a very good chance of doing it. As I said in reality Robbie should of lost 2 of his last 3, been in a bunch of wars lately and his chin looked to be fading after being hurt a bunch of times, and looked a good bit smaller coming back from his 7 month break. KOing him is impressive but it doesn't make Woodley some amazing fighter all the sudden. He's still the same guy who got son'd by Rory and barely beat a Kelvin who had a horrible cut and looked like shit.

One punch doesn't all the sudden erase the last 5 years of your career and make you the best fighter in the division. Wonderboys last few years have been far more impressive.

He beat the champ by knockout, that's all it takes to be the champion.
Plus Lawler is just a fucking beast, no matter how you try to paint him.

I'm sure Wonderboy will get his opportunity

They're not irrelevant money wise. Both are the only money fights in the division. Kind of sad that that only two money fights in division are two out of commission fighters.

He's after the money if you haven't noticed
How is diaz still a money fight? Dude hasn't won a fucking fight in forever. And you know damn well GSP isn't trying to fight Tyron or any WW really.

>Happy to sit on the sidelines collecting no purses while he waits for his entitlement shot
>gets title, doesn't want to fight contenders, suddenly purses are a bigger priority than being champ

How pleased would you cucks be if he decided to make even more money for himself by taking a year off to film a movie?

Back