Why Do People Care That Woodley Wants to Make More Money?

Because this is supposed to be a sport, not a clown show. This is the problem with having no real ranking system in your sport, you end up with garbage like this. Imagine if the NFL was this free form and the team with the best record in the regular season could just call out what team they wanted to face in the Superbowl. Moronic.

Not really because the team that would make them the mat money is likely going to he the 2nd best team. The issue with mma is tard fans who make it worth more to fight a lower tier guy like diaz

All this Woodley hate is cracking me up lol.

Letthebutthurtflow.gif

its prize fighting so of course fighters should be trying to get the fight that makes the most money. The UFC should be promoting champions more so that their fights are more watched and bring in more money.. A champion fighting a number one contender should be more promoted and bring in more money than lets say a gimmick fight between a guy who hasnt defended his belt once and a light weight fighting at 170.. But sadly that isnt the case...
I have no problem with fighters going after the money.. lets not pretend rankings mean anything.. they never have.. Hendo isnt even top ten, Gus got a title shot coming off of a loss, many have... its prize fighting. its about money.

Because he has many contenders for the title. All these guys like Bisping and Woodley dodging legit contenders and taking easier fights are disgraceful.

both lawler and woodley look roided up tbh

It's not about easy fights it's about money fights. If fighting wonder boy made woodley 5 million, and fighting Diaz or GSP made him 500k, you think he would be calling out GSP or Diaz?
Both those fighters are virtually irrelevant. GSP says he's more likely to fight at LW if he ever comes back. And diaz hasn't won a fight in 5 years. Good god dude call out somebody relevant.

I can't seem to wrap my head around the fact that people would rather see Tyron Woodley make less money as opposed to more, it's honestly pretty sad. Woodley is openly campaigning to fight an opponent that will net him a bigger payday, but the fans criticize him for it. This is pretty dumb even for Sherdog.

Woodley is one of the few smart fighters out there. He argues using facts, he's stubborn, and he's thinking about himself and not what the UFC wants. All the talk about the fighters needing a union is because most fighters are scared to do what Woodley is doing IMO. Their scared to upset the UFC, their scared of the public thinking that their ducking fights, they can't handle the pressure of putting it to the man (UFC) and arguing their way to good deals. Most fighters rather train, eat, sleep and hope that their manager is standing up for them and their best interests.
Conor is the same IMO. He attends meetings with the UFC, he brings facts/numbers on the table that the UFC can't argue with. He simply knows his worth and takes control over his own career rather than accepting every suggestion the UFC throws at him.
Most fans don't understand the fight game and their jumping on every chance to hate on fighters who want to be smart about their career. To be frank most fighters doesn't seem to understand the fight game neither, so how can you expect the fans to do it?

Last edited:
I agree with that. Especially after the same people were cheering on Conor and Bisping for taking what they thought are the money fights.

Woodley vs Diaz is a great fight and I want to see it next.

"the same people", bullshit, it obviously isn't the same people. there were and are thousands of threads made about Conor ducking 145

Why? So he could get KO'd and lose his title shot?

Waiting paid off much more because now hes the champ and getting money fights.

Smart move by Woodley. :cool:

Try to keep up with your own argument. YOU said he needed to put food on his table. He couldn't have needed anything too bad if he was well off enough to sit out that long. This isn't the lottery. Woodley's lucky he got a title shot over Thompson in the first place.

Not really because the team that would make them the mat money is likely going to he the 2nd best team. The issue with mma is tard fans who make it worth more to fight a lower tier guy like diaz

Not really, because bad teams can have massive fan bases. Take the Toronto Maple Leafs for example, if they were managed to get "chosen" to play in a Stanley Cup Finals then the fan interest would be enormous regardless of how bad they are.

Same could be said for picking a match-up that is a heated sports rivalry over a competition between the two actual best teams.

I can't seem to wrap my head around the fact that people would rather see Tyron Woodley make less money as opposed to more, it's honestly pretty sad. Woodley is openly campaigning to fight an opponent that will net him a bigger payday, but the fans criticize him for it. This is pretty dumb even for Sherdog.
Hey little buddy, you a new fan? Do you understand how rankings work & what earning a title shot means?

Hey little buddy, you a new fan? Do you understand how rankings work & what earning a title shot means?
Woodley has earned the right to fight whoever he wants. That's one of the rewards of winning the title.

Woodley has earned the right to fight whoever he wants. That's one of the rewards of winning the title.
Lol oh okay he won the title now he never has to fight a top 10 guy again. I hope you're trolling bc winning the title doesn't give you the right to duck the number one contender in your weight class

Last edited:
belts in mma are a joke. fighters get unwarranted title-shots all the time. i wish they would do away with belts and just make fights the fans want to see. public opinion crowns champions, anyway. that is the real barometer on who the best fighters are.

I agree and at least he isn't trying to move up, put the WW division on hold, and fight fights that don't make any fuckin sense for a champ. Plus Nick and Nate on the same card?
3o85xrixWQhYu0pLCo.gif

It's a niche sport at best. The fans don't contribute much.
I don't care to argue the definition of niche with you but the fact that fans pay way more to watch it than fans of other sports do to watch theirs shows you're plain wrong.

But Wonderboy IS the money fight. He's on his way to become a big superstar.

Because Woodley has been a constant crybaby and would never have tolerated Diaz fighting Lawler for the title ahead of him.

Now, Tyron wants the 0-6 Diaz to get yet another title shot ahead of more worthy contenders. It's hypocritical and silly.

That's pretty much it.

He should be able to do whatever he wants to make more money, don't be dense. This is America.

The champion should never be able to do "whatever he wants" that is retarded.

Back