Why do people call Nate Diaz a gangster, when he never actually claims a gang?

It is a stereotype because of the way he talks and acts.

He does act like a thug. But who called him a gangster, other than Conor? (Actually he called him a wannabe gangster). What I see the forum saying is that he's low class.

I live here in California where gang culture is very prevalent. My question is why do people insist on calling Nate Diaz a gangster when I haven't nice seen him throw a legit gang sign or call out his set? Yeah he reps 209 but here in California that is simply a way of saying what region your from, not necessarily that your in a gang or repping one.

Perception rules peoples world view. Nate is a gangster because he looks like one, you just have to watch Hollywood movies to prove that to yourself.

Not according to Sherdog. According to Sherdog, Nate just sits around smoking pot outside of fight camps, eating his ass off until he's fat and goes on vacation.

So Nate is your average sherdogger when he's not in fight camp?

Throughout history, people have always had a tendency to put other people into categories.

You do realize that people calling him a gangster haven't hit puberty themselves.

"The hood is where I'm from, but it's not what I am." -Nathan Diaz

2014officespace13.gif

most people who think he is a real gangster have absolutely no idea what a real gangster is Nate is more of a troubled kid with a ghetto personality than a gangster

This is how I decipher gangster... would I hire them. Nate = fuck no = he's gangster.
Hire Nate to do what ?
I'd hire him to whack some high-heeled has been tramp that owes me money.....

Real gangsters sell drugs and shoot people.

Nate is a vegan who's days consist of training, teaching kids martial arts, running, swimming and biking outside.

What fucking gangster do you know that does that?

Nate acts like he's from the hood, which he is, but that's not the same as being a gangster. Being hood isn't necessarily being criminal.
No a real gangster protects the neighborhood while committing crimes but rarely if ever against their own community. Real gangsters are like what you would see in the movie goodfellas, not the gang bangers of LA or any low quality hood

Back