Why do people call Nate Diaz a gangster, when he never actually claims a gang?

brawlnsprawl

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I live here in California where gang culture is very prevalent. My question is why do people insist on calling Nate Diaz a gangster when I haven't nice seen him throw a legit gang sign or call out his set? Yeah he reps 209 but here in California that is simply a way of saying what region your from, not necessarily that your in a gang or repping one.

People probably call him a gangster because he acts like a gangster.

Good ol' fashioned family racism

well yeah ... I mean, if you wanna get all technical about it

I think it's just an adjective, like saying someone is ghetto pertains to the way they act, not that they're necessarily from a ghetto

Gotta ask the original gangster in MMA.

chael-sonnen.jpg

Why do people refer to chinese checkers as such when it isn't a form of checkers nor is it from china?

I also believe that the common usage for "gangster" has evolved from being a member of a gang to a certain behavior regardless gang affiliation.

Making gun signs with the right hand and animal balloons with the left is the sign of a gangster.

Never seen anyone actually claim he was a "gangster".

People probably call him a gangster because he acts like a gangster.

Real gangsters sell drugs and shoot people.

Nate is a vegan who's days consist of training, teaching kids martial arts, running, swimming and biking outside.

What fucking gangster do you know that does that?

Nate acts like he's from the hood, which he is, but that's not the same as being a gangster. Being hood isn't necessarily being criminal.

Cesar Gracie JJ is his gang or whatever. Scrap pack, it is what it is.

I think it's just an adjective, like saying someone is ghetto pertains to the way they act, not that they're necessarily from a ghetto
Yeah but then why not say he acts like a thug? Why isn't Kimbo labeled a gangster?

This is how I decipher gangster... would I hire them. Nate = fuck no = he's gangster.

Nate is a vegan who's days consist of training, teaching kids martial arts, running, swimming and biking outside.

What fucking gangster do you know that does that?

Nate acts like he's from the hood, which he is, but that's not the same as being a gangster. Being hood isn't necessarily being criminal.
Exactly.

Not according to Sherdog. According to Sherdog, Nate just sits around smoking pot outside of fight camps, eating his ass off until he's fat and goes on vacation.

Back