Why do people bash Khabib's preformance against Al?

Conor - tapped like a fool against a LW gatekeeper

Tony - lost to a guy who Khabib dominated

Lee - lost to a guy who Khabib dominated

Khabib - never lost a round, never knocked down, never bled, never cut, never lost

Fools can't take it, looking for a reason to shit on him

No one bashes his performance against Al except the most extreme posters. Most people just criticize some of his striking. Chiefly the way he left his chin sticking way out. Fanboys can't accept it when someone says something negative about their fighter though

it was the 11th ranked opponent fighting the number 1 lw in the world arguably.

can you imagine if the patriots won the superbowl vs the browns?

first, this is an awful analogy considering its like the #1 team vs the 30th. Not 1 (or 2 or 3 wherever u rank Conor/Tony etc) vs 11.

Secondly, Al isn't some scrub and has beat fighters who are currently ranked in the top 5 (not to mention wins over guys like Masvidal) so lets not make it seem as if he has no chance. He has solid TDD and KO power. Khabib is not a striker and mainly a wrestler. He was still able to get Al down. He was able to outstrike him pretty bad. He won 50-43, 50-44, 50-43. That's a beatdown.

When he returned to fight Khabib after a year layoff? When that fight before Khabib was itself after a 2 year layoff?

Oh okay. I didn't realize that. Cheers

Stupidity. Lack of knowledge of stylistic matchups.

I actually put a couple hundred down on Iaquinta before that fight because, while I expected Khabib to win, I knew Al was a bad matchup with high level TDD (stuffed Kevin Lee 7/8 times) and dynamite in his fists. The odds were way too skewed in Khabib's favor so I could have made a KILLING. At the very least I knew Al would make Khabib look less invincible.

Conor on the other hand has great striking but weak TDD so I think Khabib is just going to walk right through him.

If McGregor and Iaquinta fought on the other hand, it would be a bad matchup for Al.

Styles make fights.

Care to explain this hypocrisy?

Why are you giving Khabib credit for this? You should be hating on him. He had a full camp and beat a guy that had no camp at all. It went 5 full rounds, too. He couldn’t even finish.

Yet, you shit on Conor for having a full camp, finishing Mendes even though he apparently had no camp either (lie), just like Al. Mendes is far better than Al, too.

So you’re stupid and lack knowledge of stylistically matching fighters up realistically. At least you can admit it now.

Check this out, @PROlogic

You did well, Mysterio. You’re one of the fastest Conor-hating breakout stars I’ve ever seen. You had a good run. I think it’s time for you to retire, though. You played yourself.

Conor - tapped like a fool against a LW gatekeeper

Tony - lost to a guy who Khabib dominated

Lee - lost to a guy who Khabib dominated

Khabib - never lost a round, never knocked down, never bled, never cut, never lost

Fools can't take it, looking for a reason to shit on him

Serious shitpost or sarcasm?

Conor tapped to one of the best submission fighters in MMA. Improved everywhere since.

Tony improved. Everywhere.

Lee improved. Everywhere.

Khabib lost a round against Tibau, just not officially. Many believe he actually should’ve lost that fight, too. I don’t, but he definitely lost a round that night.

Yeah and Stipe is a firefighter who fights as a hobby yet is still a number 1 contender and former winningest champion in UFC history.

Cheal Sonnen was a real estate agent too and long time top contender.

Why are so many people calling a guy with 18 pro fights a "real estate agent" like having a side project somehow makes him a none fighter.

Come to think of it isn't Mousasi a real estate agent too? Seems like real estate agents are pretty solid fucking fighters given the evidence
I think because unlike those guys you mentioned, who did the job as a side gig, al only fought once in 3 years(before the Khabib fight) because he was off being a estate agent full time.

I'd make a new thread but can't atm......

For the kabob suckers ...Padded record’.
1-0
Nurmagomedov made his professional debut in 2008 against Vusal Bayramov, an Azerbaijani who was 0-0 at the time and eventually amassed a record of 2-5.
All the losses that Bayramov suffered during a short two-year career came inside the distance.
2-0
Next up for Khabib was a man so bad they named him twice, Magomed Magomedov. It was a fight in itself just to find a database on this Russian with no age or height even known.
Magomedov was four fights into his career when he fought Khabib. He was on a four-fight losing streak and all of those defeats came inside the distance. Magomedov finished his career with a negative record of 4-6.
3-0Khabib’s third fight was against fellow Russian, Ramazan Kurbanismailov. Another inexperienced competitor with only one fight to his name. Nurmagomedov won by unanimous decision and his opponent is currently 5-3-2, which more closely resembles a defensive-minded formation on FIFA than a decent fighter’s record.
4-0In his fourth bout, Nurmagomedov took a considerable step-up in competition considering his previous opponents, fighting a man who was 2-0. Shamil Abdulkerimov was defeated by Khabib via unanimous decision and only fought four more times thereafter, finishing up with a mediocre record of 4-3. His only claim to fame being that he once featured on an Emelianenko undercard. Unfortunately for Abdulkerimov it wasn’t the legendary Fedor, it was his lesser known brother, Aleksander.

5-0His fifth fight is laughable. Nurmagomedov faced Said Akhmed, who was making his debut at the time. Akhmed lost by first round TKO and has not fought since. He ended his ‘career’ 0-1, which begs the question; was this guy even a legitimate fighter or just someone they literally dragged in off the street?
6-0The Dagestani continued to be matched up against newcomers in his sixth fight where he fought Eldar Eldarov, who was 1-0 at the time. Eldarov has earned some credibility though, winning seven straight fights since losing to Nurmagomedov, taking his record to 8-1.
7-0The recurring theme of favourable match-ups was evident once again in Nurmagomedov’s seventh outing as he faced Shahbulat Shamhalaev, who only had two fights under his belt at the time. Khabib dispatched of his inexperienced opponent in the first round via kimura.
8-0Nurmagomedov went 8-0 after beating another unproven opponent in Ali Bagov, who was 2-1 at the time and coming off a submission loss. One must question why a seven-fight streaking Khabib was paired against such a green opponent coming off a loss.
Bagov can best be described as a journeyman fighter, as he went on to accumulate a lacklustre record of 23-10 with an 80 per cent TKO loss rate.
9-0Khabib extended his winning streak to nine by beating another subpar opponent in Vitaliy Ostrovskiy. The Belarussian came into the fight 3-3, with two of his victories coming against an opponent with 28 losses (20 by submission) and the other against a fighter with a 1-2 record. Top class opposition indeed. Ostrovskiy didn’t fare much better after losing to Khabib as he lost six of his next seven fights and seven of eleven overall before retiring with an 8-11 record.
10-0
Given Nurmagomedov’s record at this stage, you’d expect him to be lined up against adversaries with similar records but this was not the case. For his tenth fight, Khabib dispatched of Alexander Agafonov, a Ukrainian who had competed in half the number of fights that the ‘Eagle’ had. Agafonov retired shortly after his defeat to Nurmagomedov, with an undesirable record of 5-3 having competed for barely two years.
11-0
Khabib scored a submission victory over Said Khalilov to extend his unbeaten run to eleven in April 2011. The defeat to Nurmagomedov was the second of the five-fight losing streak that ended Khalilov’s career. He finished up with an unattractive record of 12-13, with defeats to Dennis Siver and Albert Tumenov along the way.
12-0
Astonishingly, an undefeated, eleven-fight streaking Khabib was somehow matched with a fighter 0-2 for his twelfth contest. Ashot Shahinyan was the fighter in question and he faced the multiple time sambo world champion in the middle of a five-fight losing streak. The Armenian went 0-2 in his next two contests before picking up the first win of his career. He subsequently retired with a record of 1-5.
13-0Unlucky for some, 13, was the complete opposite for Nurmagomedov as he was gifted yet another untested opponent with just two previous fights. Khabib defeated fellow Russian Kadzhik Abadzhyan in the first round. It was the second defeat of what turned out to be a six-fight losing streak for Abadzhyan, who eventually finished with a 3-6 overall record.
14-0Victory number 14 came against Hamiz Mamedov. The Azerbaijan native went 0-3 at the beginning of his career before putting together a decent four-fight winning streak that was eventually snapped by Nurmagomedov. Mamedov was hit and miss and retired in 2014 with a mediocre 8-4 record.

15-0Obviously, by this point of Khabib’s career, overseas MMA organisations would have been scouting the Dagestani with a view to signing him up. Usually, a fight against a noteworthy name is what management seeks to speed up the process but for Nurmagomedov it couldn’t have been more opposite. Bewilderingly, in his 15th professional fight Khabib fought an opponent making his debut. Yes, you read that correctly. At 0-0, Vadim Sandulitsky was the next opponent for the 14-0 Nurmagomedov and needless to say it ended in the first round. Cherry picking at its finest.
16-0Nurmagomedov’s last fight before joining the UFC’s ranks was against Arymarcel Santos, a Brazilian with 72 fights to his name. At the relatively young age of 33, ‘Chocolate’ Santos has a crazy record of 38 wins and 34 losses and is still actively competing. Khabib was the Brazilian’s 51st fight and he was 28-22 at the time. Khabib got the stoppage and is just one of 14 KO/TKO losses for Santos.

The fight was on very short notice and Khabib kept having his opponent changed after Tony pulled out, then Max, until Al had to step in to save the card. Plus Al isn't exacty a scrub and is pretty underrated , he also has a wrestling background. Its pretty impressive Khabib beat Al on very short notice.
Same reason ppl blasted DC for not finishing Silva. You have one opponent who has trained for a championship, 5 round fight, and has presumably honed all his skills/athletic ability to peak on fight night vs a short notice opponent who probably wasn't training in earnest.

Yes, you could argue that the incumbent fighter has a disadvantage because he never prepared for his opponent. But at the same time his advantage of weeks of training beforehand is the bigger advantage. The incumbent fighter win/lose will usually be in a lose/lose situation.

Win too early--supposed to, not impressed
Win late/decision--shouldn't have gotten there, not impressed
Lose early/late--bum

Bisping defended and almost beat GSP. He knocked out Cuckhold and pretty much retired him, he earned the shit out of that belt. If you equate Bisping versus Khabib in who deserves a belt you are retarded bro. Not to mention Bisping knocked out his opponent, not wrestle fucked him to a decision.

"Bisping almost beat GSP" aight brah, lets just say that, that ain't a very good place to start off your point.

"Not wrestle fucked him to a decision" most of the anti Khabib crowd would point out how poor he was at getting TDs against Al, so i'd be hardpressed to see that as a lay and pray performance.

Bisping is basically a lay and pray fighter, just in a stand up version. All he did most of his career was point fight and survive (or try to survive) getting his head kicked/punched off, before point fighting some more, and hoping to go to the judges were he was likely to win for a number of usually non sport related reasons like the need the UFC had most of his career for good British talent to sell.

Last edited:
I think because unlike those guys you mentioned, who did the job as a side gig, al only fought once in 3 years(before the Khabib fight) because he was off being a estate agent full time.

Yeah sombody already told me that, I didn't realize

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back