Why do people bash Khabib's preformance against Al?

Stupidity. Lack of knowledge of stylistic matchups.

I actually put a couple hundred down on Iaquinta before that fight because, while I expected Khabib to win, I knew Al was a bad matchup with high level TDD (stuffed Kevin Lee 7/8 times) and dynamite in his fists. The odds were way too skewed in Khabib's favor so I could have made a KILLING. At the very least I knew Al would make Khabib look less invincible.

Conor on the other hand has great striking but weak TDD so I think Khabib is just going to walk right through him.

If McGregor and Iaquinta fought on the other hand, it would be a bad matchup for Al.

Styles make fights.
Put your money where your mouth is.

Same reason they bash Jones vs. OSP.

People expected a quick finish. If it goes a few rounds, suddenly the underdog is doing an incredible job, whilst the guy winning 10-8 is struggling.

In spite of the circumstances/context after what he was doing to Johnson, even worse Barboza,
Then Al was stuffing td’s late in the fight and on short notice khabib didn’t look like the Avenger like he did before.

Context, but u also realize the champ is s human being.

Iaquinta is very underrated, and with Khabib's style it's very hard to finish someone like him. It wasn't long ago people called Khabib a point-fighter, now all of a sudden they expect him to finish everybody. His style of fighting revolves around control rather than finishes. But he's so dominant on the ground that he's able to finish some fighters anyway.

Yeah and Stipe is a firefighter who fights as a hobby yet is still a number 1 contender and former winningest champion in UFC history.

Cheal Sonnen was a real estate agent too and long time top contender.

Rich Franklin was a math teacher and world champion

Why are so many people calling a guy with 18 pro fights a "real estate agent" like having a side project somehow makes him a none fighter.

Come to think of it isn't Mousasi a real estate agent too? Seems like real estate agents are pretty solid fucking fighters given the evidence

The difference of course being that none of them literally were taking years off to do their “side gig”.

Al looked exactly like a guy who’s not a full time fighter anymore.

I forget, how did Conor do in his short notice fight with Nate Diaz? I wish there was some sort of jpeg or gif that could help refresh my memory :confused:

What about when he fought Buchinger? Brandao? Holloway? Mendes? Those were all short notice.

Same reason they bash Jones vs. OSP.

People expected a quick finish. If it goes a few rounds, suddenly the underdog is doing an incredible job, whilst the guy winning 10-8 is struggling.

Jones can go 5 rounds with OSP and NOT show any major holes in his game. Khabib went 5 and really showed you how bad his striking and striking defense is.

"Khabib looked awful"

And the Bib doesn't even dislike Al, cunner won't show his face for a month

Put your money where your mouth is.
I only bet on significant underdogs who match up well.

I made a killing off Cormier/Stipe right after, that had to be some of the easiest made I've made.

I'm considering thowing down some on Pettis against Ferg, but not quite sure about that one.

Al was on a 5 fight winning streak with 4 finishes. Hes a lower top 10 guy. He got 50-43 . Just a bunch of conor fans trying to downplay a dominant win. These are the same guys who are praying khabib will stand with conor , even though hes said multiple times he wont.

every fighter has haters, khabib has his.

I guess winning 50-43 is a bad thing in the minds of conor fan boys eyes.
Finally and thank you. Saved this thread. 50-43 to all you dumb mofos. He decided to stand half the time because he didn't want to gas and he outstruck a striker. Will he try that with Conor? No, no need to. It was pillar to post dominance against one of the scrappiest guys in the division without depending solely on his wrestling. Conor is a front-runner he is not scrappy, and his wrestling and overall base of gravity isn't close to Iaquinta's. Khabib by 2nd round submission or TKO against Conor.

I only bet on significant underdogs who match up well.

I made a killing off Cormier/Stipe right after, that had to be some of the easiest made I've made.

I'm considering thowing down some on Pettis against Ferg, but not quite sure about that one.
I appreciate the passion you have but where's the conviction?If you truly believe Khabib is going to run right through Conor back it up brother.<Gordonhat>

I think most of the bashing of the Bib is because the critics have no idea what his opponents are going thru. About 30-40 seconds under the Bib they'd have a whole different opinion

Finally and thank you. Saved this thread. 50-43 to all you dumb mofos. He decided to stand half the time because he didn't want to gas and he outstruck a striker. Will he try that with Conor? No, no need to. It was pillar to post dominance against one of the scrappiest guys in the division without depending solely on his wrestling. Conor is a front-runner he is not scrappy, and his wrestling and overall base of gravity isn't close to Iaquinta's. Khabib by 2nd round submission or TKO against Conor.

I love that or mauling conor for 25 mins works 2.

Cos he didn't look very good, didn't get the finish and considering the circumstances, should have...

Aiquinta was training for a three round fight and was a low rank fighter who took the fight short notice with a very low reward compared to Khabib who stood to win the belt.

You fans are crazy lol.

Al was on a 5 fight winning streak with 4 finishes. Hes a lower top 10 guy. He got 50-43 . Just a bunch of conor fans trying to downplay a dominant win. These are the same guys who are praying khabib will stand with conor , even though hes said multiple times he wont.

No you’re praying that. All of sherdog cunts prayed Eddie would take him down. When he became champ champ you prob cried inside

Because Al is a second rate fighter and Khabib showed gaping holes in his striking that better fighters could exploit.

1. It was a very good performance
2. It wasn't a flawless performance that is above being critiqued

how do you know that AI is a second rate fighter? he beat kevin lee in a solid way.

No you’re praying that. All of sherdog cunts prayed Eddie would take him down. When he became champ champ you prob cried inside
Nope hes literally stated multiple times he doesnt Intend to stand.

Back