Why do people always use Gustafsson fight to discredit Jones but not DC?

Anyone who tries to discredit a fighter by siting a WIN is a fool or a hater. Same way the other way around. Gus fans go on and on about how great he is because of the Jones and DC fights - fights that he LOST.
Jones beat him in a close fight with controversial scoring, And DC had a close fight as well... but they both still won and that’s all that matters to me

giphy.gif

end of 4th vs Gus

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:
The Jones Gustafsson fight was Unanimous for Jon.

The Dc Gustafsson was a split.

But as you see from the comments already they think Jones definitely lost to Gus and dc whipped Gus easily.

They're pathetic and definitely receding hairline/manlet

Because they dont like jones and gus is their moral beacon of justice despite him being a felon. Dont get me wrong Jones is a piece of shit too.

Peoples opinion doesn't get you a belt... Don't leave it in the hands of the judges.... - Dana

gus vs jones was closer than gus vs DC.

DC won with aggression, and making the fight dirty, his clinch uppercuts in that fight were soooo good, it's like gus had no idea what to do to stop em. not sure why DC/gus was a split but jones/gus wasn't.

man i love DC.

gus vs jones was closer than gus vs DC.

DC won with aggression, and making the fight dirty, his clinch uppercuts in that fight were soooo good, it's like gus had no idea what to do to stop em. not sure why DC/gus was a split but jones/gus wasn't.

man i love DC.
Jones fans cannot seem to grasp the 'styles makes fights' concept of MMA.

Somebody please post the gif of Rumble KOing Gustaffson. He barely fights, is gifted title shots and has lost every time it counts. And eyepokes.

Pretty easy. I thought Cormier won.

But more importantly, it pretty much proved that the very first time juice jones had to fight someone close to his own size he struggled. DC was tiny compared to gus.

that's also why jones is avoiding heavyweight. interestingly, the only fight jones is interested in at heavyweight, is against dc lol.

Gus has the same primadonna problem that the Diaz bros have.

They seem to think it’s okay to sit out and hold out for high profile fights.

Newsflash... you’re not that special so get over yourselves. Lol

Idk, probably because DC has lost before and Jones never did, so they'll call a loss a win because it wasn't a blowout just to get their hate boner hard.

Gustafsson was the only one who took Jones that close, that's why people think he won. Truth is, he just didn't do enough to get the decision.

BEcause nobody gave gustoson a chance but allot of people thought dc could win

Gus beat up two of the best fighters 205 has ever seen.

Jones haters use the Gus fight to discredit Bones. Almost everyone loved that fight. Dc vs Gus was damn good too.

Gus VS Jones was a very close fight. I thought jones Won that fight. If there is only 1 close fight in your career that has the potential to be a loss. Thats pretty Amazing and Jones is the GOAT. Get real boys dont Try and DISCREDIT THE GOAT.

The answer is already stated above. DC made it look easier

Last edited:
People always use Gustafsson fight to discredit Jones,and always use Gus as an example of why good tall and long fighters would beat Jones. But why don't they do it do DC? Sure Gus gave Jones an ass whooping but gus actually whoops Dc worse than jones.
sGpFwmv.gif

that was the first time ever in DC career where hes in serious trouble before jones KO DC in the second fight.
people need stop using that fight as some kind of bad performance from jones and start realizing that Gustafsson is just that good.
Welcome back @3sumrock

People always use Gustafsson fight to discredit Jones,and always use Gus as an example of why good tall and long fighters would beat Jones. But why don't they do it do DC? Sure Gus gave Jones an ass whooping but gus actually whoops Dc worse than jones.
sGpFwmv.gif

that was the first time ever in DC career where hes in serious trouble before jones KO DC in the second fight.
people need stop using that fight as some kind of bad performance from jones and start realizing that Gustafsson is just that good.
if only herb would stop that fight after dc gets dropped

Back