Why do people act like there is a major difference between HWs and LHWs?

WHo

who

Please give me a 205er in the top 10 who weighed that
And what hw in the top 10 cuts weight ?

Don't give me Dan Henderson at 205
And don't give me hunt at hw cause he's a fat pig

What has top ten got to do with this?

At his current age he probably wouldn't be. Well, maybe he could beat Daniel Omielancuzk or whatever his name is.
It would be a shame to see him in the UFC now.

Would have loved it like 6 years ago

No. Fedor is 6' with a 74.5" reach and DC is 5'11" with a 72.5" reach. It's funny how they Fedor nuthuggers use the size excuse for Fedor's Bigfoot loss when Cormier a smaller fighter wrecked Bigfoot in under a round.

Styles make fights and so do fight strategies. Head-hunter Fedor gassed in the first round throwing wild haymakers that pretty much all missed.

DC picked his shots and had the size to ragdoll Bigfoot and stuff Bigfoots takedown attempts with ease.

Also, you could never be sure which Bigfoot would show up to fight.

why do people act like there's a difference between 2 weight classes? what kind of stupid question is this?

how about learn to phrase the title adequately, and people might give enough fucks to read the op.

silly...

The title was phrased just fine and the OP took maybe 30 seconds to read.

Fucking short-attention span millenials....

The title was phrased just fine and the OP took maybe 30 seconds to read.

Fucking short-attention span millenials....
"why do people act like there is a major difference between 2 weight classes"

people act that way because there is. end.

go get a couple degrees in college and make something of yourself Mr Join-date 2016

Crazy. We need crusierweight imo.

Go look at Rampage and Brock and tell me they're in the same weight class.

The lack of talent makes these weight sizes seem easy to overcome. The gap in skill becomes smaller and the weight becomes a bigger difference.

It is true that on average, LHW and HW are around the same "region", and that can be seen on a number of guys that have jumped between the two and done well. Henderson, Randy, Cormier etc.
There are also a few guys that could do the same but don't. Gus, Jones, Anthony.....
There are a few guys that are just too massive like Brock. And in that sense, Brock could use his size plain and simple against a smaller guy. Thus the weight classes.

"why do people act like there is a major difference between 2 weight classes"

people act that way because there is. end.

If you have no interest in a topic that you dismiss after reading the title then why bother entering the topic and posting in it? Obviously alot of people felt it wasn't as simple as "because there is. the end" as there is 6 pages of healthy discussion on the subject.

Again, did you even read anything beyond the title of the thread?

go get a couple degrees in college and make something of yourself Mr Join-date 2016

WTF? You can't read more than a thread title and I'm the one that needs an education? and what the fuck does my join date have to do with anything? Someone's not a "real" MMA fan until they've joined this forum? A forum of maybe a few thousand people out of millions of people around the world that watch MMA? Retard..... I've been an MMA fan since 2007 and have had friends and other forums in which I've discussed MMA in that time. Retard sherbro logic at work there mate. Keep it up!

If you have no interest in a topic that you dismiss after reading the title then why bother entering the topic and posting in it? Obviously alot of people felt it wasn't as simple as "because there is. the end" as there is 6 pages of healthy discussion on the subject.

Again, did you even read anything beyond the title of the thread?

WTF? You can't read more than a thread title and I'm the one that needs an education? and what the fuck does my join date have to do with anything? Someone's not a "real" MMA fan until they've joined this forum? A forum of maybe a few thousand people out of millions of people around the world that watch MMA? Retard..... I've been an MMA fan since 2007 and have had friends and other forums in which I've discussed MMA in that time. Retard sherbro logic at work there mate. Keep it up!
tl, dr.

i gave you one reply Mr 2016, our of courtesy. Don't push it.

peace.

tl, dr.

i gave you one reply Mr 2016, our of courtesy. Don't push it.

peace.

Thanks for proving my point again. Reading for longer than 20 seconds is too much of a mental effort for you.

People have only been MMA fans for as long as they've been a member of this forum? You're a fucking retard.

Keep pushing it and I'll keep making you look like a moron.

Peace.

Thanks for proving my point again. Reading for longer than 20 seconds is too much of a mental effort for you.

People have only been MMA fans for as long as they've been a member of this forum? You're a fucking retard.

Keep pushing it and I'll keep making you look like a moron.

Peace.
I tried talking nicely but it seems that's not going to cut it with you.

Ignore list it is... peace.

I tried talking nicely but it seems that's not going to cut it with you.

Ignore list it is... peace.

You were an unreasonable shit-head from your first post towards me. I called you out for being moron with a short-attention span and you've proven me right with every subsequent reply. Go ahead and ignore me. I'd rather not have to interact with such a retard again anyway.

The LHW and HW divisions should both be eliminated and combined at 225. Two shallow divisions becomes one stacked division.

History has shown, as TS points outs, that the best HWs are in the 235-240 range. They could easily cut to 225. Many LHWs walk around 225+.

Many of the bigger HWs carry a lot of fat and can cut to 225 as well (Big Country, Black Beast, Shawn Jordan, etc.). If they don't or will not, what kind of serious athletes can they be? I really dislike seeing fattie HWs with guts hanging over the belt lines.

Of course, there will be a few non-fat HWs who will not be able to make 225. That's a shame but how is that different from really big SHWs who cannot make 265?

History has not shown that.

Stop trying to change something that doesn't need to be changed.

Daniel Cormier has fought at both. So if they want to cut the weight they can. If not let them fight at HW and drink beer with the black beast.

I was specifically asking how there is some kind of magical significant difference between 235 lb LHWs like Rumble and Glover and 235-240 lb HWs like Werdum and Cain.

The difference is. As men they made a choice. And chose a division to fight in.

Stop trying to prove a point choosing specific fighters.

How about Latifi vs Black beast ????? What's the difference dur dur dur

There are often extreme stances taken on both sides of the common HW vs LHW debate, some people say the HWs would destroy the LHWs due to size and power while others say the faster, more skilled LHWs would destroy the HWs. Both these statements are exaggerated though because of a fact that I don't understand why people ignore - LHWs are just small HWs who cut weight!

Before some smartass makes a sarcastic remark like "hurr durr, LWs are just small WWs who cut weight", the difference is that traditionally small HWs have usually been the most successful HWs, so being a small HW would not be a disadvantage in the same way being a small WW for example would. There is no significant size gap between say Cain who is 6'1 240 and guys like Rumble and Glover who are not shorter and walk around in the 235 range while carrying less fat, similarly guys like Werdum and JDS are taller but weigh around 235 for HW fights, so why would one believe there is a massive physical difference between the two groups of guys?

I'm not arguing either that the LHWs would usually beat the HWs or vice versa, but that the only real difference between a "HW" and a typical modern "LHW" is whether or not they choose to cut weight, so whether a LHW would do well at HW should be judged based on the specific fighter and not because there is some magical difference between "LHWs" and "HWs" simply because the former cut weight. Many modern LHWs are actually bigger than some historical HWs such as prime Fedor and Crocop, and striking sport HWs like Spong.

If anyone disagrees, what am I missing that physically separates big LHWs like Rumble, Glover and OSP from HWs like Cain, Fedor and CC?

I've long believed there should be an adjmistment in eight classes and essentially split lw into hw and mw via slight adjustment in weight classes

I believe same for wmma too 115, 130,145

Back