Why do fighters doubt Khabib when he already proved that he is levels above the competition in his..

Why do fans of fighters get to this level of obsession? Saw it with Conor, GSP before him, and Fedor before him. These fighters do not know or care about what you're saying or how much you love and defend them. Why the need to put threads like this out there? It's hilarious for those of us who see how pointless it is, but also seems like a sign of mental illness.
{<shrug}
I mean, this is an MMA forum where (I assume) we're all here to discuss MMA. Sure it's a bit obsessive but the thread title clearly specifies what the thread is about.. why even click at that point if this is your opinion? That seems far weirder to me than someone simply wanting to discuss MMA on an MMA forum.

Yeah back when events were 4-6 week apart what else were you gonna do? Watch a TUF season again? I mean, there wasn’t that much content. Now, I basically give up 6 hours a week to watch a ufc event almost reliably every single weekend because there’s so much more content.

So I don’t find myself in those shoes anymore. Occasionally if someone cracks the top 10 and I’m not familiar because I don’t remember them or was too drunk to remember their fights, I’ll watch their whole career on fight pass and takes some notes. Or if I just really like someone’s style, like petr Yan
I'm definitely more of a fan of watching good fights, good fighters than just watching whatever fight card is on. I like fighting and it might appear I like it that much but I don't lol. I have other sports I follow.

I always said I'm a fan of the sport for the sport aspect. I like clean technical fights. I'm not into two [sometimes technical ]brawlers just slinging leather causing damage. When I always see that, I can't help but to think about the long term affects that fighter may face and quality of life post retirement.

Petr yan is one of those clean technical fighters I like watching. Cerebral fighter.

Dude i like you but you are starting to approach conor thread maker levels of annoying with all this. We all know khabib is great, and we all know you think hes the goat.
Because there are so many threads about others crying why Khabib is not goat or best P4P or do u live under a rock! Why don’t u go and tell them to stop making those threads also??????

I mean, this is an MMA forum where (I assume) we're all here to discuss MMA. Sure it's a bit obsessive but the thread title clearly specifies what the thread is about.. why even click at that point if this is your opinion? That seems far weirder to me than someone simply wanting to discuss MMA on an MMA forum.
Did u notice these same people pointing fingers are ok with Jones’ threads claiming Khabib is not ahead of him knowing very well that he is the biggest cheater in MMA history? They’re just biased haters who are in denial because Khabib is that good and doesn’t need PEDS or size and reach advantage and eye pokes in order to win!

Because he retired at his peak. He could have achieved so much more. Put himself on a completely different plane. But he didnt. He retired when he'd done "just about enough".

Because there are so many threads about others crying why Khabib is not goat or best P4P or do u live under a rock! Why don’t u go and tell them to stop making those threads also??????

I havent said anything because they dont put up as many threads on the same guy as you do, and its not even close. Although next time d1 wrestler makes a khabib thread i might break the news to him...

You missed the entire point of op post.
There is no adversity for him
Those no name russians people say he padded his record with put up as much fight as the world elite in the ufc.
If those russians are cans so are the ufc fighters he dismantled just as easy if not easier
This is the iciest, coldest take I've read in a while

Reactions: 2EZ
Weight class? Jones crying that Khabib didn’t defend more and MM and even the c actor had something to say! In reality though, there is nothing even close to cause any problems for Khabib and every time they hyped the next guy Khabib completely annihilated them and didn’t have a scratch on him! Everyone that fought him knew exactly what Khabib’s game plan was and completely failed to stop him. There was no need for him to stick around and embarrass more fighters and it’s not like there are some new amazing prospects are there for him to face! Khabib is the best fighter in his weight class and the goat in regards to how he dominated the best fighters and made it look ridicules!
There is no argument to debate here or is there?
Honest question. Are you getting paid by some Russian or are you part of his management? what is th point of all the generic threads you spew on Sherdog?

Honest question. Are you getting paid by some Russian or are you part of his management? what is th point of all the generic threads you spew on Sherdog?
The moral of the thread is we have a cheater who is crying why Khabib is ahead of him! Plus, Khabib proved all his doubters 100% wrong that once he faced a wrestler or once he faced a wrestler/striker that he would lose only to actually preform better and finish faster without size or reach or cheat advantage and stayed undefeated all those years with minimum damage and left the LW division without any doubt that he is the best and levels above!

The moral of the thread is we have a cheater who is crying why Khabib is ahead of him! Plus, Khabib proved all his doubters 100% wrong that once he faced a wrestler or once he faced a wrestler/striker that he would lose only to actually preform better and finish faster without size or reach or cheat advantage and stayed undefeated all those years with minimum damage and left the LW division without any doubt that he is the best and levels above!
Yeah, Khabib is a great fighter, like many. He is retired now an I don't understand why you make thread after thread about how good Khabib was..

In my opinion constantly posting about a single fighter makes someone seem kinda crazy. Maybe I’m just jealous because I’ve never cared about a singular fighter that much.

Yeah, Khabib is a great fighter, like many. He is retired now an I don't understand why you make thread after thread about how good Khabib was..
It’s just a reaction to all the Jones’ threads really and Khabib is not my favorite fighter it was Cain and then Stipe and then Khabib because he defeated Conor and his fans of Conor bless and that’s the honest truth

In my opinion constantly posting about a single fighter makes someone seem kinda crazy. Maybe I’m just jealous because I’ve never cared about a singular fighter that much.
I’m waiting on Stipe to fight since he is actually my favorite fighter and then Khabib only because he shut Conor’s bless fans

What a stupid argument. I would understand if you had said: oh but he didn't defend as much and don't have that longevity of being on top like GSP/Jones
i thought it was common knowledge he only defended the belt a couple times, and each time there was an interim champion created because of the champions inactivity. he quit long before he retired

A good fighter. A bit unproven. He seems to be very big for his weightclass. Would be interesting to see how he does a weightclass up. Top 10 goat, or at least very close.

at the end of the day, everyone can be had by the right opponent on the right day. khabib, as dominant as he's been, is no exception. face enough top fighters long enough, and it's likely that things don't end up going your way.

he's had a tremendous career and if this is the end he's leaving a strong legacy and he's up there in the ranks with the other top fighters of all time.

Because he retired at his peak. He could have achieved so much more. Put himself on a completely different plane. But he didnt. He retired when he'd done "just about enough".

Awww come the fuck on....

Seriously had his old man not passed away we don't know, sure the old 30-0 was hinted at but no one can say for sure.

But sure his role model, mentor, coach and fucking father dies and Khabib thinks "fuck it I've done just about enough"

at the end of the day, everyone can be had by the right opponent on the right day.

he's had a tremendous career and if this is the end he's leaving a strong legacy and he's up there in the ranks with the other top fighters of all time.

He said as much himself and it is something we all hold true, over a long enough time frame all eventualities can play out.

recency bias in favor of Khabib is slowly but surely wearing off.

Back