why do casuals rate Anderson Silva so highly?

Was not expecting TS to be a 2007 account. Usually, if you were around during Spider’s reign of terror, you understand his GOATness. Maybe TS created a sherdog account and lapsed into a coma?

Don't like it? form a logical fact based argument, tell me why who he beat was high level and why he actually was that good.

Dude. Okay. 1st thing's 1st. I don't even have Anderson above Jon Jones or GSP but this is a comical take. Especially just after the guy dismantled a former boxing champ at 46 years old. His striking prowess was probably the best we've ever seen in mma. While the competition looks like dog shit in hindsight, that's exactly what it is. Hindsight. Dan fucking Henderson is a legit top 10 all time fighter regardless of his limited arsenal. The guy held every title but UFC gold. Leben like it or not was a marquee matchup that Silva absolutely dominated in his debut. Rich Franklin? You mean former champ rich Franklin who at the point of fighting Silva only had 1 other loss on his record against machida? I mean you can dissect it however you want. He fought credentialed fighters the best mw had to offer and routinely finished them in spectacular fashion. Something izzy hasn't done. Like at all.

haha, yes I witness him get dropped by Chael and wrestle fucked for 4.5 rounds

And then 2 weekends ago I saw Marvin, who probably not quite the wrestle Chael was, but still a good wrestler, be literally comical in his attempts to take Izzy down

Oh you're talking about when he finished chael? After basically all but losing he found the drive to push on and submit a guy who was minutes away from being the champ. Good take. Again not the hugest Silva fan. I was actually rooting for chael both times they fought. Your argument is vettori? You realize chael was one of the most effective mma grapplers we've ever seen right? Like that's all he did and he was successful at it. No KOs or striking performances, the guy drove you into the cage and took you down. Weidman? You mean NCAA decorated weidman? What are Marvin's wrestling credentials again? Taking down grappling allergic Holland because he was getting owned on the feet?

That's a sorry ass take you got

it being 2021 and we have his entire fight career at our fingertips. thanks google.

You can see he beat such legendary strikers such as Chris Leben, Rich Franklin, "low kick overhand right" Hendo, and Vitor. High level stuff.

He even stepped up to LWH and fought.... mentally checked out forest Griffin. wow.

Oh, and he gets beat up bad on the feet when having to think about takedowns... ie Weidman and Sonnen.

But, a few highlight reel moments for the casuals. Oh yeah, and on drugs the whole time too, so a drug cheat, so theres that.

And the shertards really put him in the same sentence and Adesanya, who in his whole mma career has arguably only been hit properley twice (Romero and Gastellum) and just went 5 rounds with out scratch on him with the LHW champ who is known for flatling people. Oh and undefeated at middle weight. Look what Izzy does vs a wrestler - clowns him. Look what Anderson does.... gets beat up for 4.5 rounds.

Why do you all think AS is so good, when his resume of competition simply does not cut it? (and drugs).
Haters are still triggered by the GOAT.
Good to see their hate is still strong. Just shows how great Silva was.

Anderson Silva
<{silvanormal}>
Triggering insecure GSP fanboys since 1997
<BC1>

it being 2021 and we have his entire fight career at our fingertips. thanks google.

You can see he beat such legendary strikers such as Chris Leben, Rich Franklin, "low kick overhand right" Hendo, and Vitor. High level stuff.

He even stepped up to LWH and fought.... mentally checked out forest Griffin. wow.

Oh, and he gets beat up bad on the feet when having to think about takedowns... ie Weidman and Sonnen.

But, a few highlight reel moments for the casuals. Oh yeah, and on drugs the whole time too, so a drug cheat, so theres that.

And the shertards really put him in the same sentence and Adesanya, who in his whole mma career has arguably only been hit properley twice (Romero and Gastellum) and just went 5 rounds with out scratch on him with the LHW champ who is known for flatling people. Oh and undefeated at middle weight. Look what Izzy does vs a wrestler - clowns him. Look what Anderson does.... gets beat up for 4.5 rounds.

Why do you all think AS is so good, when his resume of competition simply does not cut it? (and drugs).
Let that hate out of your heart! Feels better doesn’t it?

I really hate the narrative shift around Silva’s fight with Griffin. At the time Forrest was Silva’s “punishment” of sorts for lackluster performances in his last couple fights. Forrest had just lost the title after beating two #1 ranked fighters a division up from Silva back to back and was considered by many to be the #2 guy at LHW. Almost everyone had him at least top 5.

I still remember being at the bar for this fight and hearing people cheer Forrest and boo Silva during their walkouts. Then....well the fight went the way that it did and you could hear a pin drop. If anything I’d say the impact of that win has been diminished by time, not bolstered by it.

But there are levels for the game. I don't see him ever do something like that to Romero
well, yeah there's that little thing called time and that other thing where romero doesn't win fights

But there are levels for the game. I don't see him ever do something like that to Romero

How so? Romero's chin is as solid as it gets at MW but nobody has any idea how effective Silva's striking in his prime would be against Romero's prime. Like I said in a previous post Silva's striking is arguably the best we've seen in mma up to this point. If anyone could T/KO Romero in his prime it would be Anderson

lol not even close, I would question your understanding of sport if thats what you think

Izzy is better than Anderson ever was .

You really can’t be this dumb.. can you? Lol! Nice try troll

How so? Romero's chin is as solid as it gets at MW but nobody has any idea how effective Silva's striking in his prime would be against Romero's prime. Like I said in a previous post Silva's striking is arguably the best we've seen in mma up to this point. If anyone could T/KO Romero in his prime it would be Anderson
Yup. If he couldn’t, he’d just submit him.

tenor.gif

If i would have to guess i'd say because he KO'ed nearly all top contenders for almost a decade in spectacular matrix like fashion

Silva grappling isn't very good and undoubtedly worse than romero who will get easy time in that department. Plus romero is a patience fighter but once he rush to you it's near death experience. Everyone that been similar to this beaten Silva.

If i would have to guess i'd say because he KO'ed nearly all top contenders for almost a decade in spectacular matrix like fashion
Khabib did it better to way more skilled fighters but he is Muslim so it doesn't count

Back