why didn't UFC do Cain vs Werdum 2

They're keeping them in the sidelines just in case overeem gets busted for over abundance of horse meat

Because this:

8yfbOZl.gif

The didn't set it up because they know Werdum is a horrible match up for Cain, a stylistic Nightmare & they didn't want to derail the steam Cain found when he won against Travis. Also they want to set him up for next title shot.

Sorry @One MMA Fan, But your boy has nothing for Vai Cavalo.

Cain took a trip to mexico and he hasnt quiet adjusted back to normal sea level yet.

Travis getting some nice fights lately, notice? Real nice.

Junior would have been better. Browne will lose badly.

The didn't set it up because they know Werdum is a horrible match up for Cain, a stylistic Nightmare & they didn't want to derail the steam Cain found when he won against Travis. Also they want to set him up for next title shot.

Sorry @One MMA Fan, But your boy has nothing for Vai Cavalo.
Werdum beat a rusty gassed out Cain lol calm down son

Cain probably wants the belt more than a chance to avenge a loss, or he could be injured.

I don't know but now I'm going to watch this dude make that goofy ass face and get a victory, damnit.

Btw, Stipe's got this!

I think they are keeping Cain to get the winner of Stipe vs Reem.

Why wasn't JDS in the plans ?

For some reason I'm not that interested in the Travis backup plan.. I think it's to soon to have him fight after the damage he took just recently at UFC 200 he needed more time and a win to have a real chance at the rematch.. I don't like Travis at all but this 1 month notice while you where beat down the way he was recently it's a no go move from my perspective.

Then again if Travis does pull it off he would be right back on track in the mix of things so I get it why he accepted so fast this would be a major shortcut and a revenge match up for him. He did say in the past he did a lot of mistakes and that's why he lost the decision to Werdum and that if they meet up again his confident he will put him away in max 2 rounds with all the experience and improvements he made.

JDS Werdum 2 would have made too much sense....but If Browne wins give him JDS and Werdum either Struve or Barnett (if he beats Arlovski)

Guys with title aspirations often wont take a short-notice fight with a top opponent, because they'd going in at a disadvantage, and a loss could seriously affect their career prospects.

Guys with no realistic title aspirations and who badly need a win, or even just badly need to do the UFC a favour in order to earn some goodwill with the bosses, are much safer bets to accept such a fight.

Cain is the former, Browne the latter, so I cant share your surprise or disgust at this fight.

My guess is they asked Cain first and for whatever reason he declined.

Cain waiting for reem or Stipe to pull out ....or get the next title shot

Back