Why didn't the UFC ever pit Anderson Silva against top ranked opponents at LHW?

forest was ranked 4, and jame sirvin was climbing into the top 10 with his 3 knockouts he got in the ufc.. he was 3-1 when he fought anderson... also...

ANDERSON SILVA is a MIDDLEWEIGHT.

here's a question. what other champ has fought opponents in higher weight classes and won all of those fights?

gsp?.. pettis, benderson edgar? barao or cruz? aldo? jones?..

in a recent thread on this site asking fans to rank all the UFC lhw champs from best to worst Forrest was last or second last for most.

he was a tough gritty fighter, similar to a Cote at MW. and Cote had his one run at MW which resulted in a title fight, unfortunately for him he had to fight Anderson. imagine if he could have instead fought someone else for the belt and grabbed that belt and then fell away to gatekeeper status like Forrest has.

We can be 100% sure that these kids wouldn't hesitate to call Cote an elite fighter :icon_lol:

Why wont gsp fight anyone, good or bad,at a higher weight class?

and he was a Tailor made opponent for silva. Rogan admited it after the fight. easy win for the spider.

So what, that doesn`t count the fact that Forest Griffin had just been the UFC LHW Champ and beaten the likes of Rampage and Shogun. Just because the outcome came that way, doesnt mean that people didn`t think that Forrest could pull it off.

Because he is a damn MW, that's why. I don't care how dominant a fighter is, a move up in weight is no simple task. That goes for Jones too. If he moves to HW, he should start with lesser talent. I doubt the UFC allows that, but it would be the smart move.

No he is not a MW...he can cut to MW though!

wow.............. it's like you live in some alternate reality that no one can influence.
i'm sure someone else will handle this, my head hurts from this stupidity. just wow.

Some alternate reality in which 2011 Franklin is in his prime, 2012-2009 Tito is in his prime, beating Bonnar means something, and a torn ACL Shogun was healthy.

:icon_lol:

The denial is strong in this one. I think i win.

Anderson beat the majority of fighters that the UFC put him up against and made it look easy. On December 28th he will get his title back in the rematch with Weidman. Stay mad Anderson Silva haters!

According to a few people including Irvin, 4 LHW's turned down the Silva fight before he accepted. I believe it was Rashad, Thiago, Jardine, and one more that I don't remember.

Inb4 Kneeuinthenutz and his asspain.

Jimmies have been rustled irregahdless.

He was top 4 ranked at the time, so he was matched against top LHWs, which answers TS' question.:

j9ajno.jpg

Tailor made? That's your opinion, not fact. Fact is, Forrest was top 4 ranked.

I think we can stop the hyperbole now...

silva is full of more b.s. than a used car salesman.

Flashback, for the fools who keep thinking his words are gold.

Anderson Silva Wants Biggest Fights Possible: Silva vs. Brock Lesnar?
By Brian Oswald
January 22, 2010

Manager Ed Soares updated mixed martial arts fans with the latest on what Anderson Silva wants today on "Inside MMA" on HDNet .

"He wants to be in the biggest fights possible: where it's [Georges St. Pierre], whether it'd be at light heavyweight, or whether it'd even be at heavyweight," Soares said. "It doesn't make a difference. He wants to be involved in the biggest fights possible."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...s-the-biggest-fights-possible-silva-vs-lesnar

The first fight I could understand he wanted to test the waters...he passed with flying colors and as a bonus I believe they cut the Sandman for his efforts after that. I really would have like to see Rashad Evans or another top guy against him. Why didn't it ever happen? ANd will it?

Rashad got offered the fight against SIlva. So did Jardine, Vera and Thiago Silva.
They all refused and Anderson ended up fighting Irvin.

@ReadWrite's stupid post It was Ed Soares who said it not Anderson himself and obviously Anderson wants big fights = big money. Thanks for posting a article that is 3 years old btw.

Rashad got offered the fight against SIlva. So did Jardine, Vera and Thiago Silva.

Damn. I wonder why they all refused to fight Anderson.

and he was a Tailor made opponent for silva. Rogan admited it after the fight. easy win for the spider.

Rogan "admitted" it after the fact, not 5 minutes earlier he was talking about how a guy like Forrest could give Anderson problems.

They did give him Forrest who was a former champ. Irvin was really a test for him at LHW and Bonnar was a fill in main event last minute.

I believe the 4th was Vera. I'm getting old and the memory is going. Silva and Ed Soares were actively seeking a fight with Chuck Liddell before he started losing. They also put it out there he'd fight Frank Mir.

I stand corrected. But in the pros picks, more picked griffin

According to a few people including Irvin, 4 LHW's turned down the Silva fight before he accepted. I believe it was Rashad, Thiago, Jardine, and one more that I don't remember.

Inb4 Kneeuinthenutz and his asspain.

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2...t-fought-rashad-evans-ufc-112-source-1795249/

Just decided to post to say

BOOM.

Anderson and Machida are like best friends and Anderson didn't want to wreck Machida' glory he had at that time at LHW. Those two are like my favorite fighters. Srry but this thread is lame and needs some excitement or sumthin...
tumblr_mqaowzhsso1qaustso1_500.jpg

lol.

in the post you quote me I call Anderson arguably the greatest champ on balance the sport has seen. I am a GSP fan who has always said I rank Fedor and Anderson as the 1a and 1b of GOAT and GSP a tier below.

But I am a 'hater' in Anderson fan eyes why? because I also admit he had an area of weakness and will not pretend he did not.

Classic.

Oh and not every wrestling based fighter is the same. Hendo who lost to Anderson and Shields at MW was not seen as the type of wrestler to implement a 5 round grapplefuck game plan with a high level of cardio and pressure. he had evolved, on a similar path to BJ, into a guy who was mostly a striking threat but could give anyone a round or so of good grappling before gassing out.

And so what?
Do you think that because you call him GOAT it means you can shit on him on every turn? LOL

Give all excuse you want, retard.
Hendo is a wrestler. Deal with it.
Because your stupid point is that he "avoided" fighters such as Weidman, then how much "wrestling" did Weidman use to win?

You, as usual, is on dreamland.

The only point you bring up in here worth something, is the fact you are a GSP fan who tries to put Down Anderson due to obvious rivalry. Weather purposely or without your own knowledge.

Back