Why didn't the UFC ever pit Anderson Silva against top ranked opponents at LHW?

Slow down a bit, i never called Forrest a can. I just don't think he was ever an elite fighter.

Many expected Forrest to be very competitive with Silva, if not beat him. You acted like Anderson was never challenged seriously by anybody at LHW.

If Forrest was expected by many to beat Anderson, then how was Anderson not facing serious challenges at LHW?

yea they wouldn't of wanted him in serious contention he couldn't rule two divisions only fighting twice a year

I think you are the one in need to wise up.

This happens all the time.
I'll give you an example. I work with technology.
I do not work on weekends. So I don't schedule work on my weekends.
However, if any of my company's clients have an emergency, I hop on a conference call and we work through the issue until everything is working again.

Silva was on vacation. So he is not scheduling any fight during that time (aking to me not scheduling things on my weekend).

Then UFC is in danger of canceling a second event, just months apart. That would be a bad thing. So they call him up.
He delays whatever plans he had and agrees to fight in Brazil to save the event.

Simple as that; yet amazingly something unfathomable by you. :eek:

Ok Shaddows, i'm a bit less busy now and i just read your essay, so here goes another lesson for you and other Silva fans:

Firstly, you're not grasping what i've been telling you here. Silva decided to take time off because he wanted no part of Weidman in the first place. Forget about the nonsense about him being extremely generous and sacrificing his long deserved vacation in order to save an event.

The fact here is that he had only one fight in 11 months, there was a clear contender, the UFC offered him a fight which he turned down (do not deny this fact, his management said "yes we turned it down"), and still, he decided to go on vacation. That is called d-u-c-k-i-n-g.

Do you know what other fighter decided to take time off to duck a fight?

Tito. He took time off not to fight Chuck, who was the #1 contender at the time, and Chuck had to fight Randy instead. Similarly, Silva decided to take time off, and Weidman had to fight Boetsch. Except, Chris was far luckier than Chuck, as he didn't get into a fight and lose, but he remained the #1 challenger.

So it's simple, and there really is nothing to over-analyse here: taking time off is a ducking resource, and more so if it's conviniently done after being offered a fight with the #1 contender.

Silva returning to fight Bonnar really is no surprise, as his agenda to duck Weidman was already crystal clear.

Now I ask you: Why would Dana of all people cover up if this was not what happened? I mean, we ARE talking about the same Dana who threw Jon under the bus just a couple of months earlier, right?

So if he doesn't even protect his only golden boy, why would he do it to someone who drive him crazy and (according to you) refuses all fights UFC puts in front of him???

...I'll give you a minute to pick up the Vaseline, because you probably need it by now... :redface:

Dana didn't cover Silva when he refused to fight Chris:

This is typical Anderson Silva-Ed Soares craziness. Every (expletive) time there's a fight. He wants to fight (Demetrious) ‘Mighty Mouse' Johnson, then he wants to (expletive) fight this guy and that guy. This is always the same deal, it always happens.

As you can see, Dana did complain about Silva not taking the fight.

Jones was a completely different case. He made Dana cancel an already existing event and lose money. Silva didn't make him lose money, so naturally, he didn't bash him as bad as Jones.

It's not hard to tell the difference when you're smart enough, but i guess smart is not a word that describes you.

Have a nice day dear student.

Cheers.

Many expected Forrest to be very competitive with Silva, if not beat him. You acted like Anderson was never challenged seriously by anybody at LHW.

If Forrest was expected by many to beat Anderson, then how was Anderson not facing serious challenges at LHW?

Let's just say there were better options....Rampage and Rashad for one. Another person I would have loved to see fight Silva at LHW instead of Bonnar, Griffin or Sandman would have been Shogun at the time. NOt so now. Not anymore!

do you seriously have to ask? its because they wanted to protect him. He was their spectacle/cash cow.

Its a shame because of all great fighters anderson has one of the weakest resumes of all.

hahaha no... no one expected forrest to beat him.

it was a gimme. like most anderson fights.

They should have put Shogun against him. Shogun was doing well after he lost to Griffin in his UFC debut. That fight would have been great. But I know he doesn't like to fight other Brazilians so why not Rashad or Rampage?

youre generalising. Let's say all peoples in LA are libs. that's generalising... Tailor made is a reality look at boxing they use it to pad record or protect champs, mma is the same. If you don't want to admit this variable exist in fight sports it's up to you.

No, he's right.

Before Forrest beat Rampage everyone thought Rampage would demolish Forrest but all of a sudden after the fight people were like, "Well, Forrest's leg kicks were a bad matchup for Page". If Rampage was the best he would've planned for every scenario and won.

The reason Forrest was even top 5 was because he had beaten Shogun AND Page. He lost to Rashad but that was due to GnP after winning round 1 fairly easily.

At this point Forrest was still seen as a great fighter. And this was only Anderson's SECOND FIGHT at LHW after his embarrassing decision win over Leites and his win (by injury) over a competent Patrick Cote. I think you forget your history, son.

You probably think Rashad Evans was favored over Chuck Liddell before their duel :S

Last edited:

Forrest had more favourable odds than Weidman.

Now is your cue to do another "hahaha" before turning tail and disappearing.

Ok Shaddows, i'm a bit less busy now and i just read your essay, so here goes another lesson for you and other Silva fans:

Firstly, you're not grasping what i've been telling you here. Silva decided to take time off because he wanted no part of Weidman in the first place.

So you are telling me that Silva had a cristal ball?
After all, he entered his vacaiton BEFORE Weidman fought Munoz.
As you can see, either you made the above up, or you are flat out lying and going against facts.

The point in here is that when Chris BECAME the (perceived) #1 contender, Silva was already out fo the year

Forget about the nonsense about him being extremely generous and sacrificing his long deserved vacation in order to save an event.

The fact here is that he had only one fight in 11 months, there was a clear contender, the UFC offered him a fight which he turned down (do not deny this fact, his management said "yes we turned it down"), and still, he decided to go on vacation. That is called d-u-c-k-i-n-g.

Had only 1 fight in 11 months?
How sad that you can't check a calendar.
But let me help you:
- Silva fought Sonnen on July 7, 2012
- Weidman fought Munoz on July 11, 2012

As you can see, At that time, Silva had not fought in ... 4 days???

Simple math, Claude.

Do you know what other fighter decided to take time off to duck a fight?

Tito. He took time off not to fight Chuck, who was the #1 contender at the time, and Chuck had to fight Randy instead. Similarly, Silva decided to take time off, and Weidman had to fight Boetsch. Except, Chris was far luckier than Chuck, as he didn't get into a fight and lose, but he remained the #1 challenger.

So now you compare Silva with Tito? LOL!!!

grasping-at-straws1.jpg

So it's simple, and there really is nothing to over-analyse here: taking time off is a ducking resource, and more so if it's conviniently done after being offered a fight with the #1 contender.

Silva returning to fight Bonnar really is no surprise, as his agenda to duck Weidman was already crystal clear.

First of all, let us analize this asinine comment.
If Chris was already booked to fight Tim Boetsch, then why would Silva wait until he was injured to come back?
Makes no sense!

Besides, we both know the ONLY reason Chris accepted the fight against Tim Boetsch, was because Vitor & Bisping was putting his 31 spot in danger. Because while he decided to decline a fight against Vitor and instead sit & wait for Silva, Bisping grabbed that fight and would leapfrog Weidman with a win.

So again, facts and simple logic trumps your blind-hater's assessment.

Dana didn't cover Silva when he refused to fight Chris:

This is typical Anderson Silva-Ed Soares craziness. Every (expletive) time there's a fight. He wants to fight (Demetrious)

They countered Affliction with their king, Silva, stepping up in weight to fight Irvin just to show how great he is.

Dana said he wanted to make Silva fight after the Maia debacle, and Forrest would force him to fight. Well, he did, lol.

Later fights with Rashad, Shogun and Lyoto came up, but Anderson said LHW was "Lyoto's division", while he had "his problems" at MW.

He's been trolling the media with the JBJ questions, no clear answer, just flip-flopping.

So you are telling me that Silva had a cristal ball?
After all, he entered his vacaiton BEFORE Weidman fought Munoz.
As you can see, either you made the above up, or you are flat out lying and going against facts.

The point in here is that when Chris BECAME the (perceived) #1 contender, Silva was already out fo the year

Nope.

This is the first report from Silva taking time off in 2012: source

This was after Weidman defeated Munoz. If you claim Anderson wanted out before that then you need to provide a source. You're not doing your homework.

Now let's assume for a second that Anderson did have plans to "take time off" before Weidman fought Munoz. Would it make a difference?

Weidman would obviously become the #1 contender if he defeated Munoz, and considering Anderson just struggled to get past Sonnen, it is obvious that he would rule out a fight with a better, younger, and more skilled wrestler/fighter.

Taking time off beforehand would have been the same ducking strategy.

Had only 1 fight in 11 months?
How sad that you can't check a calendar.
But let me help you:
- Silva fought Sonnen on July 7, 2012
- Weidman fought Munoz on July 11, 2012

As you can see, At that time, Silva had not fought in ... 4 days???

Simple math, Claude.

lol no silly billy, i didn't say Anderson "had not fought in 11 months", i said he only had one fight in 11 months, which is accurate. When he fought Sonnen that was his first time in 11 months. Another reason why taking time off didn't make any sense...

Well it did

spoiler: ChrisKnocksSilvaOutCold.jpg

BTW the dates you posted above just got you in trouble. You stated Anderson wanted to take time off before Chris fought Munoz, and now you just showed that their fights were only 4 days apart. That would mean Anderson made a very quick decision to go on vation, just before Chris' fought to become the #1 contender, which makes it look even more suspicious.

So now you compare Silva with Tito? LOL!!!

grasping-at-straws1.jpg

Same ducking tactics.

Tito took time off so he didn't have to fight Chuck, Anderson did the same with Weidman. Both did it to avoid a contender who was visibly a terrible style match-up for them.

Also Tito used the "we're friends" excuse, which is basicly the same excuse Silva used not to fight Jones, except in this case, Tito's excuse was a lot more credible as unlike Silva-Jones, he and Chuck actually trained together.

First of all, let us analize this asinine comment.
If Chris was already booked to fight Tim Boetsch, then why would Silva wait until he was injured to come back?
Makes no sense!

He didn't know Chris would get injured, that's why he intended to return until late 2013. Once Chris was out he made plans for an early return. Makes perfect sense.

Besides, we both know the ONLY reason Chris accepted the fight against Tim Boetsch, was because Vitor & Bisping was putting his 31 spot in danger. Because while he decided to decline a fight against Vitor and instead sit & wait for Silva, Bisping grabbed that fight and would leapfrog Weidman with a win.

So again, facts and simple logic trumps your blind-hater's assessment.

Wrong. Chris had to take on Boetsch because Anderson ducked.

yes, he noted how frustrating it was to deal with Silva. but he also noted (time and again) that
1) Despite being tiresome and a process, he knew how to deal with his people, and that they were not even the hardest people to deal with.
2) Silva said, in plain English, that Silva NEVER refused a fight.
3) Silva likes to mess with the press.

All 3 were already provided to you in links and even videos, and yet you keep ignoring them.

Here's a quote from Dana you might want to consider:

"Jones is the first champion to turn down a fight with us."

This would mean Tito actually never turned down a fight with Chuck :icon_idea

Obviously not true. You shouldn't pay attention to very vague statements from a promoter. He's obviouly never going to label one of his posterboys a duck, especially if he hasn't lost his temper.

Anyway your comparison between Dana's comments on Jones and Silva is completely off and silly. I don't know how you could write such a thing.

Don't be that much of a sad case of a loser.
Dana threw jo under the bus.
The same token, he threw various other fighters.
Rua, Machida and many others who refused any fight EVER by the UFC.
Fact: Dana does not like ANYONE telling him no. And he will use the press to pressure/bully fighters into not refusing any fights.
You know that. I know that. Don't play dumb.

That is why Dana is not the basis of my argument, he's only another source. There's also Silva's management and Silva himself stating they don't want Weidman:

Guimaraes: The fight doesn’t make sense
Soares: Anderson has nothing to gain from that fight (mentions Cung Le in the same interview)
Silva: I Have No Intentions Of Fighting Weidman

That's avoiding a fight, aka ducking. Why the denial?

True enough... if that was the only example.
So if I am not smart, how do you feel by being utterly destoyed by me? :)

Same to you.
now go back to the drawing board, and spend a couple more days trying to mount a comeback...
As usual, it doesn't work.
As usual, facts disagree with you.

You need to let go of the hate, Claude.
it makes you blind and predictable... and repetitive.

And this is a butthurt comment that i'd rather ignore.

Shaddows i think you had plenty of time to prove your point and you failed. I think this is officially another victory for me.

Last edited:
Forrest had more favourable odds than Weidman.

Now is your cue to do another "hahaha" before turning tail and disappearing.

If true this makes absolutely no sense....Forrest coming off a loss a style that favors Silva because they are striking and Forrest is considerably slower and gasses.

Weidman was strong a great wrestler could strike so if true very odd that Forrest was more favorable. Especially after what Chael had done.

I still say when Anderson was going up he should have fought someone like a SHogun. Irvin ok that was definitely a Gimme...it was first fight at LHW so I'll let it slide. Forrest was probably the best test out of all three...BUT Bonnar? WHY did he ever deserve a shot with SIlva? That was the third fight at LHW before Jones became Champ and SIlva started saying he'd never go up to LHW.

Back