Why didn't Ronda get this reaction she beat Zingano?

• Thread starter Bulletproof Acc
  • Start date
B

Bulletproof Acc

Cat Zingano, still the #2 female BW in the world imo was a HUGE win for Ronda. And she beat her faster than Bethe.

Compared to the worlds reaction after the Bethe fight, it's like no one cared after the Zingano fight. Why is that? Rogan almost sounded disapointed/uninterested when she subbed Cat. But when she koed Bethe, he genuenly went crazy. According to the aftermath, Bethe is Rondas biggest win. Weird right?

Bethe's talk, and a KO like that is not common in the womens divisions, it sent a powerful message i guess.
Ronda also keeps growing, Zingano fight wasn't as hyped but with each fight she grows in popularity, it also was the PPV right after the superhyped 189 card.

Bethe's talk, and a KO like that is not common in the womens divisions, it sent a powerful message i guess.

Yeah... And maybe a confirmation that a KO is publicly more exciting than a sub?

But Rogan prefers subs and he still went crazier for bethe/Ronda so maybe not

Cause Americans are idiots and fear people from less developed countries because they assume poverty breeds badass's automatically.

Wrestlemania, Entourage and just generally more exposure than usual from media.

Combination of the bad blood narrative and the fact that Ronda is more famous now than she was before the Cat fight

Wrestlemania, Entourage and just generally more exposure than usual from media.

Didnt she get all that before 184? And fighting in Brazil means less media than the US (ESPN and stuff). Still weird.

The Cat fight created a lot of new viewers and created an expectation of a quick finish.

Ronda got a huge amount of attention after the Zingano fight. Maybe more people are paying attention now.

Maybe because Zingano kind of lost the fight on her own with that stupid flying knee that was not even setup with anything and which isn't even the way that Zingano normally fights.

That was a ridiculously poor percentage move against Ronda because unless you land it perfectly you're getting taken down and everyone knows what happens after that.

I don't know if this is the reason but if someone had told me that Zingano was going to start with that move I would have guessed that she was going to lose in under 30 seconds.

Bethe fight was promoted better than the Zingano fight. It had an actual storyline. Also, Rousey's fights seem to build on themselves, with each fight finish pulling in viewers for the next fight. The retention rate is high, I imagine.

Also, there was a massive reaction after the Zingano fight. Did you not see all the 14-seconds stuff going around? It just wasn't as big as this one.

because Zingano never mentioned suicide and the masses weren't there to eat up everything that Ronda was feeding them

I think in the zingano fight, many people were disappointed in cats atrocious game plan. She played right into rondas strengths from the start. With bethe, she got exactly what she wanted out of Ronda and still ended up face down lights out after 30 seconds

1. Bethe talked a lot of shit before the fight and got really personal, quoting things in Ronda's book.

2. Ronda said it wasn't just about winning the fight, it was about embarrassing her and she did.

3. Everyone expected another arm bar and not for Ronda to fight Bethe's fight.

4. The KO was brutal and the fight was decisive from start to end. KO's don't happen very often in wmma and a faceplant KO is even more rare.

I think in the zingano fight, many people were disappointed in cats atrocious game plan. She played right into rondas strengths from the start. With bethe, she got exactly what she wanted out of Ronda and still ended up face down lights out after 30 seconds

Except for Cat did get a throw on Ronda, something no one else had done.

Doing what Cat normally does would have been a guaranteed loss for her.

Didnt she get all that before 184? And fighting in Brazil means less media than the US (ESPN and stuff). Still weird.

She did get exposure but not on this level. That's the only reasons I could think of why she has got so much more popular since the Zingano fight. Even The Guardian are reporting on her on now.

One punch ko's are obviously rare in wmma.

It made more of a statement considering ronda never had finished a fight standing with her hands

More exposure before the fight. Plus, it might be a snowball effect. The more she fights, the more she is out there doing book tours, movies, talk shows, etc, the more people know her. She might just keep picking up more fans.

Back