Why didnt Ronda ditch Edmond?

CVuvNuUUEAc5_bk.jpg

-His one strength is apparently his stand up, but her stand up sucks.

-Hes a horrible cornerman as made evident from the shitty advice he gives her between rounds.

-He hasnt groomed one other fighter to success, and many would say that even Ronda ruled the roost based solely on the skills she brought with her.

-Rondas own mother who she owes most of her skills and knowledge to, has said in an interview that Edmond sucks and that he won the lotto when she walked into his gym.

Why is this guy still around?

The simple answer?
Because she trusts him.

Say what you want, but since she started, he's been with her.
People blame him for her loss, but they forget he was with her for 12 victories and is the reason she was winning.
She probably recognizes that.

Personally, I dislike his attitude, that is befitting hers.
But I think people are just stupid throwing him under the bus for one loss after so many wins.

1) Where should she go? Edmond keeps his mouth shut which is more than a lot of trainers.
2) Jackson brought in a fighter (Jones) to beat his own fighter(Evans) and tells his fighter that they are winning when they are running from the fight.
3) Kings mma turns every fighter into a kickboxer. Great place to go if you never want to use your blackbelt.
4) AKA is a meat grinder
5) Alpha male has no coaches plus they give each other brain damage.
6) Freddie Roach trains fighters to beat fighters that have trained with him + talks crap about students.

Yep. He's the only one that can carry her to the promise land.

LimpNextGreathornedowl.gif

lol, this is brilliant... should be slipped to Ronda to sign.
That must be how Edmund training Ronda looks like. Coaching straight out of his as5 with flashy stuff that he quickly read in books 5 min before and then filtered through his poor completely useless fighting sense.

The simple answer?
Because she trusts him.

Say what you want, but since she started, he's been with her.
People blame him for her loss, but they forget he was with her for 12 victories and is the reason she was winning.
She probably recognizes that.

Personally, I dislike his attitude, that is befitting hers.
But I think people are just stupid throwing him under the bus for one loss after so many wins.

She won that 12 fights because her grappling is years ahead of pretty much every other chick imo. The only fight she didnt win with her judo, that she already had before edmond, was against bethe but even there her standup looked sloppy. I think if she had trained completely by her own and managed to make weight she probably would have won that fights too. The improvements she made over the years seem minimal and she still looks uncomfortable when exchanging strikes with someone. How is that even possible considering her main trainer that claims to be a boxing coach is working with her for years now? And she is an athletic person so she actually should be a fast learner.

Maybe im wrong, who knows for sure, but thats how it looks to me.

Last edited:
she is scared to go to a real gym and be challenged, her fragile psyche cant handle critiques
bullshit. She used to roll regularily with the diaz brothers, and their videos are all over youtube. Both praised her skill.

She won that 12 fights because her grappling is years ahead of pretty much every other chick imo. The only fight she didnt win with her judo, that she already had before edmond, was against bethe but even there her standup looked sloppy. I think if she had trained completely by her own and managed to make weight she probably would have won that fights too. The improvements she made over the years seem minimal and she still looks uncomfortable when exchanging strikes with someone. How is that even possible considering her main trainer that claims to be a boxing coach is working with her for years now? And she is an athletic person so she actually should be a fast learner.

Maybe im wrong, who knows for sure, but thats how it looks to me.

many fighters never learn to strike well.
They might be great at some other discipline, it doesn't mean they will have great boxing. Demian Maia is a good example.

And while I don't disagree with you she is not good (when taking into account he is supposed to be a boxing trainer), as I noted, she won (and impressively) for years with him.
It is probably hard for her, who've been with him for so long winning, to all of a sudden understand he sucks. It doesn't happen like that.

And worse, if she is hard-headed as it seems, the more people try to separate both, the bond between them only gets stronger. For they have the mentality that it is "them against the world" and they are trying to separate them because they are so good together kind of mentality.

She's a textbook example of someone who has experienced trauma, doesn't like any drastic changes in life. She has the right to live and train where she wants, even though it's obviously hindered her mma development

How many dominant champs change camps after one loss?

All these people shit talking Edmond...

Let me know when any of you posers have a mural with yourselves next to Ali.

Edmond...crappy coach and has as many UFC champs as y'all beloved Firas Zahabi hahaah

Have you seen the way they look at each other during interviews together.? Thats not a coach/athlete bond going on there. Im not suggesting a sexual one but she looks all starry eyed. She will never leave

He must be doing something right. Who knows what that is though.

Because it would imply that she admits being wrong about something.

How many dominant champs change camps after one loss?

Come on, most of Rousey's success came from technics she didn't learn from Edmund. Literally everybody else that went to train with him turned up worst than they were before and he has build zero legit fighter from scratch. Edmund became famous because of Ronda and has produced nobody else.

Because it would imply that she admits being wrong about something.

Come on, most of Rousey's success came from technics she didn't learn from Edmund. Literally everybody else that went to train with him turned up worst than they were before and he has build zero legit fighter from scratch. Edmund became famous because of Ronda and has produced nobody else.
I'm not crediting him.

Back