Why Didn't Rampage Get An Immediate Rematch After The Loss To Forest?

Yeah if it was scored that loosely in round 1 then rampage being crippled and laying on his back for round 2 would even it out as another 10-8.

R2 was by far the most dominant round of the fight and went to Forrest. Don't think Rampage did or landed anything. Forrest leg kicked him, kneed him, took him down and controlled him the entire round.

Evidence that you need to rewatch.

1 goes to Page because of the knock down (lost most of that round though)

4 i agree, dominant round

5 was close but Forrest landed more, kept a higher pace and looked like he wanted it more. Forrest finished stronger.

I have no respect for your mma opinions at all if you call that fight a robbery. Too closely contested.

You are CRAZY. Page beat the shit out of Forrest that night

Can you read? Most Gus fans like Rampage because they're both good people. It's more like Jones idiotic fans like him and other fighters because they're all black. That seems to be the trend.

Dude your are very wrong. Gus fans DEFINITELY don't like Rampage. They like to see Rampage lose though and that is the only thing they like.:icon_lol:

In every other Rampage thread the usual Gus nuthuggers are in there talking crap on Rampage.

You are CRAZY. Page beat the shit out of Forrest that night

He sure did and they still took the belt from him but the Gus nuthuggers think Gus got robbed but are Okey Dokey when someone else gets robbed. Hypocrites.

He sure did and they still took the belt from him but the Gus nuthuggers think Gus got robbed but are Okey Dokey when someone else gets robbed. Hypocrites.

This comment is a logical mess.

Some people think Forrest won against Rampage. Allegedly, those same people also believe Gus got robbed against Jones. How in the world does that make them hypocrites? Nothing about seeing the first fight for Rampage necessitates by any principle the need to see the Gus-Jones fight for Jones.

And for the record I thought Forrest and Jones won their bouts respectively.

This comment is a logical mess.

Some people think Forrest won against Rampage. Allegedly, those same people also believe Gus got robbed against Jones. How in the world does that make them hypocrites? Nothing about seeing the first fight for Rampage necessitates by any principle the need to see the Gus-Jones fight for Jones.

And for the record I thought Forrest and Jones won their bouts respectively.

I guess he is implying that they wanted white guys to win? I wonder if his head would explode if he found out I think Forrest won and Jones won

Forrest was a homegrown TUF guy who was a fan favorite. The UFC also saw the opportunity to promote the first TUF guy vs TUF guy championship fight with Rashad. That PPV also did extremely well, better than the one headlined by Rampage, so they weren't wrong in that respect. It also helped prop Rashad up and the Rashad-Rampage PPV was one of the best selling PPVs ever.

You CRAZY dude. CRAZY. Page did WORK in 1 4 and 5

If you thought Rampage won the 5th you need to get your eyes checked.

The first time I saw the fight I thought Forrest had won rounds 2 and 5 clearly and that Rampage had won 1 and 4 clearly with round 3 being narrowly won by Forrest. Upon re-watching the fight I thought the 3rd round could have gone either way making it a draw for me. I think Forrest did more damage overall though, Rampage could barely walk.

If you thought Rampage won the 5th you need to get your eyes checked.

The first time I saw the fight I thought Forrest had won rounds 2 and 5 clearly and that Rampage had won 1 and 4 clearly with round 3 being narrowly won by Forrest. Upon re-watching the fight I thought the 3rd round could have gone either way making it a draw for me. I think Forrest did more damage overall though, Rampage could barely walk.

Great intelligent post.

I agree, Forrest 2, 3, 5.

3 was competitive but i feel Forrest did more and was keeping the higher pace throughout the fight.

Anyone who calls it a robbery is simply inept at scoring fights.

I haven't watched the fight since it was live but I think the first round had a near finish for page that could almost be a 10-8. Just going on memory of talking after the fight I think he may have edged a less active round 4 or 5.

I think you mean round 4. But if round 4 was a 10-8 for Page, what does that make round 2 for Forest? Rampage got 100% neutralized, and got schooled on the ground for virtually the entire round.

Was a bs decision but first response is the correct answer.

Great intelligent post.

I agree, Forrest 2, 3, 5.

3 was competitive but i feel Forrest did more and was keeping the higher pace throughout the fight.

Anyone who calls it a robbery is simply inept at scoring fights.

Anyone who scored it for Forrest Griffin is simply a Forrest Griffin nuthugger. Am I doing this right?

tumblr_n30yauGNgL1t82um5o1_500.gif

This was the most insane hyped up shit at the time....

Back