Why Didn't Rampage Get An Immediate Rematch After The Loss To Forest?

Wasn't that a very close fight?

Probably something to do with the rampage after and that lawsuit about the miscarriage. Also UFC was less into instant rematches after every title fight back then.

"I bet our fight won't go to decision! I bet my whole purse on it!"

and then he (reportedly) didn't even train seriously for the fight. I don't care how easy you think an opponent is, not training seriously for any mma fight, let alone a UFC fight, let alone a UFC CHAMPIONSHIP FIGHT should get you banned from the sport for stupidity.

Yep, and i like Rampage but he fucked up. Didn't check/respect the leg kicks and took Forrest too lightly.

Forrest worked his ass off and reaped the benefits.

Why are you even talking about Jones? I was stating that Rampage wasn't some super dominant champ, not comparing him to any specific dominant champ.

And yes, Forrest clearly won that fight and I am no Forrest fanboy. In fact, I am a Pride fanboy and that was his second major win over a Pride superstar.

You were the one that related his situation to Jones. Forrest tied Rampage in that fight. Forrest landed more leg kicks but Rampage landed more punches that rocked Forrest. It was a tie. It was about as close of a tie that Jones and Gus had and about the same situation. One kicking legs and the other landing punches.

You were the one that related his situation to Jones. Forrest tied Rampage in that fight. Forrest landed more leg kicks but Rampage landed more punches that rocked Forrest. It was a tie. It was about as close of a tie that Jones and Gus had and about the same situation. One kicking legs and the other landing punches.

No I didn't, I think you are just obsessed with Jones/Gus. It also doesn't make sense because Jones won the fight and retained the title, soo....

Yep, and i like Rampage but he fucked up. Didn't check/respect the leg kicks and took Forrest too lightly.

Forrest worked his ass off and reaped the benefits.

And Rampage looked fat. It looked a lot like the UFC didnt want Rampage to have the title...

Rampage vs Forrest was a robbery and Rampage should have retained the title.
Gus fans probably didn't see it that way though.

Yes you did! Right here.

Forrest clearly won the fight, and Rampage wasn't some 7x defending champ.

I honestly never understood how this fight was controversial. In my mind, the best outcome for Rampage would have been a draw.

Gus beat the crap out of JJ and JJ doesnt want to fight him anymore. That's not like the Rampage vs Forrest fight in any way though because Rampage wanted a rematch because he was fat. Jones wants to duck because he might be scared!

Forrest clearly won the fight, and Rampage wasn't some 7x defending champ.

I honestly never understood how this fight was controversial. In my mind, the best outcome for Rampage would have been a draw.

I haven't watched the fight since it was live but I think the first round had a near finish for page that could almost be a 10-8. Just going on memory of talking after the fight I think he may have edged a less active round 4 or 5.

I haven't watched the fight since it was live but I think the first round had a near finish for page that could almost be a 10-8. Just going on memory of talking after the fight I think he may have edged a less active round 4 or 5.

He did drop Forrest, but i think he was losing the round before that. I haven't seen it since it was live either though, so I can't argue the specifics anymore. Rd 2 was easily a 10-8 for Forrest though. I honestly thought Forrest was going to finish him in the third when the second round ended.

IF you remembered correctly Forrest was out landing/moving/pacing Page until he got knocked down (near end of first)

He also recovered fast and ended with a solid jab. Not a 10-8 lol, R2 was a 10-8 for Forrest Rampage did nothing.

Rampage vs Forrest was a robbery and Rampage should have retained the title.
Gus fans probably didn't see it that way though.

Can you read? Most Gus fans like Rampage because they're both good people. It's more like Jones idiotic fans like him and other fighters because they're all black. That seems to be the trend.

Never understood how anyone could score it for Rampage. I've watched that fight a billion times and it's always clearly Forrest.

It was a boring fight. Nobody wanted to see it again

It was a sick fight wtf are you talking about? It even won FOTY for 2008.

Can you read? Most Gus fans like Rampage because they're both good people. It's more like Jones idiotic fans like him and other fighters because they're all black. That seems to be the trend.

Lmao are you drunk? I don't see anyone talking about Gus/Jones in here but you and that diggem guy

Never understood how anyone could score it for Rampage. I've watched that fight a billion times and it's always clearly Forrest.

It was a sick fight wtf are you talking about? It even won FOTY for 2008.

Lol yeah, great back and fourth battle. 5 competitive rounds.

You CRAZY dude. CRAZY. Page did WORK in 1 4 and 5

Evidence that you need to rewatch.

1 goes to Page because of the knock down (lost most of that round though)

4 i agree, dominant round

5 was close but Forrest landed more, kept a higher pace and looked like he wanted it more. Forrest finished stronger.

I have no respect for your mma opinions at all if you call that fight a robbery. Too closely contested.

He did drop Forrest, but i think he was losing the round before that. I haven't seen it since it was live either though, so I can't argue the specifics anymore. Rd 2 was easily a 10-8 for Forrest though. I honestly thought Forrest was going to finish him in the third when the second round ended.

Yeah if it was scored that loosely in round 1 then rampage being crippled and laying on his back for round 2 would even it out as another 10-8.

Back