Why Didn't Rampage Get An Immediate Rematch After The Loss To Forest?

um...energy drinks and car crashes might have something to do with it

Forrest was open to it.

UFC wanted Forrest v Chuck iirc. Rashad changed that.

Undefeated Rashad just knocked out Chuck for the WTF moment of the year

um...energy drinks and car crashes might have something to do with it

Forrest and Rampage's next fights were on the same card.

Undefeated Rashad just knocked out Chuck for the WTF moment of the year

Forrest and Rampage's next fights were on the same card.

WTF moment of the decade is more like it. Jaw dropped.

Because back then the UFC didn't give immediate title shots since they weren't as stupid.

UFC was lame. Page was robbed and the UFC wanted griffin as champ. Legit I couldn't sleep that night. Rampage was my HERO

I think it wasn't too common for immediate rematched back then. Also, he nearly killed a bunch of people, including a pregnant woman, with his comically large pickup that had an equally comically large picture of him on it. Too many energy drinks, they said.

UFC was lame. Page was robbed and the UFC wanted griffin as champ. Legit I couldn't sleep that night. Rampage was my HERO

It was one of those weird fights were it did not feel like either guy did enough to win.

Then we're even for the Machida fight

however that was non-title so maybe not as butthurt

Rampage was collecting punches and leg kicks all night.
Rashad and the Forrest fight. Forrest kept on the outside and worked himself tired then Rashad struck. Man Rashad has top baiting skills and power.

He got a shot once he beat Jardine (2 fights after he lost to Forest) but had an injury so they chucked Machida in there iirc

Because back then the UFC didn't give immediate title shots since they weren't as stupid.

This^

Ever since 2010 it hasn't been the same. Edgar had to make three rematches for three fighters in a row. Machida had the rematch with Shogun.

I think the judges got it wrong. Well perhaps somebody had a bad night. That was a fluke win. He clowned too much. That fight was too close. etc etc etc Why don't they just go ahead and say "I think we can squeeze some more money out of these guys repeating the same thing again." They do it in the movies. They do it in music. Why not do it in fights. Lets beat it to death until it doesn't work any more and then move on. The problem with this method is there is no room for the future. After Lawler and Hendricks have rematch #3, how many years do they have to wait for rematch #4?

Was before the era of immediate rematches

This^

Ever since 2010 it hasn't been the same. Edgar had to make three rematches for three fighters in a row. Machida had the rematch with Shogun.

I think the judges got it wrong. Well perhaps somebody had a bad night. That was a fluke win. He clowned too much. That fight was too close. etc etc etc Why don't they just go ahead and say "I think we can squeeze some more money out of these guys repeating the same thing again." They do it in the movies. They do it in music. Why not do it in fights. Lets beat it to death until it doesn't work any more and then move on. The problem with this method is there is no room for the future. After Lawler and Hendricks have rematch #3, how many years do they have to wait for rematch #4?

Yeah, seem like since the Edger-Maynard trilogy things been going that way almost like they wish to emulate the success of that classic.

Sorry Dana, you can't PLAN classics. THEY JUST HAPPEN.

STOP FUCKING WITH IT.

Back