Why didnt Paul Felder get the appreciation and love he deserved for stepping in on short notice?

TheOneAboveAll3

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I find it rather disturbing he got no love for stepping in on a few days notice to save card yet when popular guys like Silva and Chael did it they were worship for it. I am not sure if its due to this new breed of fight fans or what ever else it is but I think it is disrespectful. Not sure what has happened to old breed of fight fans like me but they were better than this new breed IMO.

I'll tell you what, Felder is a goddamn stud. He is an awesome striker, with phenomenal release on his kicks, great fluidity and durability. This guy is scrappy and can get into a war with the best of them.

RDA and Felder, yesterday, put on a nice show skillwise, and were both fiercely competitive and scrappy. And to end the night with the showing of class that they demonstrated...hats off to both men, nd especially Felder, who stepped up on super short notice and showed that he's still a top lightweight. Impossible not to like these two genuine gentlemen.

I counted about 20 threads made giving him props for stepping up. It’s mostly Islam fans that are crapping on the guy for some weird reason. Jealousy because Felder stepped up, when Islam can’t even make it to his scheduled fights. Idk.

I find it rather disturbing he got no love for stepping in on a few days notice to save card yet when popular guys like Silva and Chael did it they were worship for it. I am not sure if its due to this new breed of fight fans or what ever else it is but I think it is disrespectful. Not sure what has happened to old breed of fight fans like me but they were better than this new breed IMO.
im really tired of hearing "new breed" I have nothing else relevant to say

Felder got a ton of appreciation here on Sherdog and there were many threads praising his short term acceptance of this fight. Where the fuck you been Homie?

I totally agree with your sentiment, but I saw LOTS of love for Paul, from the media and from fans. Either way, my respect for him increaed, AND I thought he looked tight and crisp ( . . . in the striking department). "That" Paul with a full camp still looks top-notch competitive.
p.s.- He even disclosed post-fight that he hadn't hit a mma gym in 4 months and practiced no wrestling defense.

Pretty sure Felder received tons of praise for stepping up and saving the card. It was all over MMA media. Literally every publication gave him tons of respect.

He got paid for taking a fight. Something he probably should have done a while back to justify his #7 ranking. It may have accompanied a threat to keep his commentating gig.

Don't get me wrong its great he still took the fight but I don't see why he should be put on a huge pedestal for it.

Because for the most part MMA "fans" today are just fanboys of extremely popular fighters like Conor, Khabib or Jones, or guys who are only fixated with fighter's bodies.

Last edited:
I think he got way more notoriety than most that step in on short notice. Company man

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back