Why didn't Kron attempt a single or double leg?

He's just not a natural born athlete. You can see it in his movement. That's why BJJ is so great for many people because you don't need anything that makes a great striker.

I don't believe in the "not born athlete" thing.
Of course genetics are a huge factor but, first I don't think Kron has fucked up genetics and secondly, he has been training his whole life, so he for sure is at least a decent athlete.

Then ask Kron. It appears all of us contributing to your thread have no answer.

I'm asking guys who know more about MMA, what the hell he is afraid of? It's not like guys who shoot get kneed very often. It's a low percentage shot to pull off, and since he seems to have zero judo knowledge, it's no Gi, and he's getting fucked up standing, he has to try it.

I don’t know. I think he tried to prove he can stand and bang. Which he did.

He showed he’s tough as nails and doesn’t take a step back.

In his next fight he should implement what he does best and get it to the ground.

In defeat. He was t outclassed in the feet. And I was really impress by how tough Kron is.

I don't believe in the "not born athlete" thing.
Of course genetics are a huge factor but, first I don't think Kron has fucked up genetics and secondly, he has been training his whole life, so he for sure is at least a decent athlete.

If you watch enough guys who know how to fight and then guys who don't, it's painfully obvious.

Brendan Schaub is a perfect example.

And I was really impress by how tough Kron is.

A strong chin has nothing to do with toughness. It's an old myth. It's in the blood vessels. You can have all the determination in the world but if your chin is weak you go to sleep. It is really brutal and unfair genetic lottery

If you look at his previous fights, he doesn’t really go for singles/doubles. He tries to clinch first and go for a throw, trip or guard pull from there. That’s why he was always looking to close the distance and get his hands on Cub, but Cub’s footwork and body shots completely neutralised Kron.

If you look at his previous fights, he doesn’t really go for singles/doubles. He tries to clinch first and go for a throw, trip or guard pull from there. That’s why he was always looking to close the distance and get his hands on Cub, but Cub’s footwork and body shots completely neutralised Kron.

I have seen him use single or double legs in BJJ competitions

If you watch enough guys who know how to fight and then guys who don't, it's painfully obvious.

Brendan Schaub is a perfect example.

I think it has something to do with the fact he has been grappling his whole life. And some guys are just born grapplers.
Grappling (especially in a gi) is all concentric and isometric effort, so no wonder he sucks at punching (which is very plyometric).

A strong chin has nothing to do with toughness. It's an old myth. It's in the blood vessels. You can have all the determination in the world but if your chin is weak you go to sleep. It is really brutal and unfair genetic lottery

He took everything cub threw at him. Head and body ate it never took a step
Back and never stopped
Fighting.
Believe me I’ve followed this sport from its inception
It’s s very rare trait amongst fighters. Especially in today’s mma.

I'm asking guys who know more about MMA, what the hell he is afraid of? It's not like guys who shoot get kneed very often. It's a low percentage shot to pull off, and since he seems to have zero judo knowledge, it's no Gi, and he's getting fucked up standing, he has to try it.

Maybe he doesn't know how to wrestle?

Bro, I totally agree with you saying his boxing is weak af.
But you can't deny he's tough as hell.
The fact that he gave a guy who is such a more skilled striker than him a good fight on the feet shows how tough he is.
He essentially compensated his lack of skill with heart.

Well he thought he was winning the fight so probably thought no need.

I think it has something to do with the fact he has been grappling his whole life. And some guys are just born grapplers.
Grappling (especially in a gi) is all concentric and isometric effort, so no wonder he sucks at punching (which is very plyometric).

Most UFC guys I've ever seen have better stand-up than Kron. It looked very Ronda Rousseyish

Maybe he doesn't know how to wrestle?

You're saying an ADCC world champion has never drilled single and double legs,despite the fact that it's in their martial art and sport?

Here's him wrestling a bit in the beginning.

I feel like more BJJ guys should try the Ryan Hall approach, if you don't trust your wrestling ability to get the fight to the ground, you should at least use your opponents fear of taking you down to throw more risky kicks and strikes that other fighters don't utilize as much because of the takedown threat
Hes kinda brilliant in that way. Big downside is that those big movements take a lot of energy from him. Seems to place himself well though.

You're saying an ADCC world champion has never drilled single and double legs,despite the fact that it's in their martial art and sport?

Here's him wrestling a bit in the beginning.

WTF bud? Did I say that? No, I didn't.

You post a video of Kron/Marcelo in a BJJ match, wherein Marcelo lands the takedown and Kron is on his back for 7 plus minutes, gets up only to get taken down yet again. Kron lost twice to Marcelo. BJJ is one art. MMA is multiple disciplines and Kron lacks a few and it is apparent when he fought Cub.

WTF bud? Did I say that? No, I didn't.

You post a video of Kron/Marcelo in a BJJ match, wherein Marcelo lands the takedown and Kron is on his back for 7 plus minutes, gets up only to get taken down yet again. Kron lost twice to Marcelo. BJJ is one art. MMA is multiple disciplines and Kron lacks a few and it is apparent when he fought Cub.

Yes you did. You said maybe he doesn't know how to wrestle. BJJ has double and single leg takedowns.

Back