Why didn't Kron attempt a single or double leg?

spacetime

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Isn't it a fairly low risk high reward thing if he just feints first? It takes great timing to counter. It's harder for the striker to counter than for the grappler to pull off.

Why on earth does he not even try it??

This was his first big name fight. I imagine he didnt do most of the shit he planned on.

most sherbros answer will be because “bjj is gay lol no wrestling”

Probably because Swanson was busy picking him apart in the first round while using a ton of movement. Getting peppered like that tends to change the gameplan up.

Probably because Swanson was busy picking him apart in the first round while using a ton of movement. Getting peppered like that tends to change the gameplan up.

Swanson was picking him apart easy since Krons only takedown attemps were shitty pull guards.

Why didn't Andre Soukhamthath just stand up? Inexperienced fighters lack fight IQ.

That's Kevin Jackson getting subbed in 20 seconds. So yeah. Wrestling is BJJ's bitch alright

Isn't it a fairly low risk high reward thing if he just feints first? It takes great timing to counter. It's harder for the striker to counter than for the grappler to pull off.

Why on earth does he not even try it??
because he goes for clinch takedowns (which he did attempt a few times). If you are getting body work from the start clearly that will effect you. I shouldn't have to explain this to you, u ever been in a fight buddeh?

Because gracie jiujutsu is complete and learning any grappling move outside of it is haram

I mean,

The days of pure BJJ are long gone and have been for over a decade. Unless you have a way to reliably get the fight to the ground, BJJ isn't going to help you much against a complete MMA fighter like Swanson.

I saw a sport wrestler getting subbed by a catch wrestler...

You saw an Olympic wrestler getting subbed in 20 seconds by a submission wrestler, and a jiuijtsu guy down there would have been the exact same outcome

I mean,

The days of pure BJJ are long gone and have been for over a decade. Unless you have a way to reliably get the fight to the ground, BJJ isn't going to help you much against a complete MMA fighter like Swanson.

He was labelled as jiujitsu and boxing fighter. Doesn't looked like he took a day of boxing in his life

Back