Why didnt Jon separate in the last round?

iboufring**

Green Belt
Reaction score
Jones said he wanted to prove A point that he could outgrind DC. Fair enough.

However it would have been alot more impressive if he did that to a fresh DC. Also, wasnt DC the one who picked Jones up in the air? He couldnt finish it, but the fact that he was able to do that when he was completely gassed says something. Jones never "broke" him.

Jones had more gas in the tank, so if he just separated and punish Cormiers body and leg en route to a TKO, it would have been much more of a statement. Imagine that. Jones not only being the only one to beat DC but finish him too. A former succesful HW.

The headlines today would be: Daniel Cormier found dead in his hotelroom with a rope around his neck, most likely suicide."

No but really. I am a DC fan so obviously im glad Jones decided not to do that. Just wondering why?

Who cares he won the fight, unfortunately

Bones wanted to give him the same treatment that DC gave Mir.

Jones never "broke" him.

sonned_zpsdb6b870c.jpg

[YT]Z4tP_HQ7mqc[/YT]

cause the fight wasnt that easy for jj

i cant see him risking his control in the fight just to try and ko him. maybe if he feel he could, he would do it, but he just couldnt

jj is fading, hes in this path when he has got to a stage where hes happy with his level. i feel like hes in that pattern of deterioration. with wars in the gym and wars in the octagon, your body deteriorates. its not about growth anymore, it’s about maintenance

Would love to see a GIF of DC taking Jones down. Mainly cuz it was like David and Goliath and it's so rare.

Jones "grinded" DC in the 4th round only and talked about it like he did it the whole fight lol.

DC was the one who had him trapped on the cage towards the end of the fight.

The only reason Jon seems extra victorious is because of how hyped DC was, when the truth is he basically outpointed him via cardio.

Jones "grinded" DC in the 4th round only and talked about it like he did it the whole fight lol.

The only reason Jon seems extra victorious is because of how hyped DC was, when the truth is he basically outpointed him via cardio.
downplay it all you want

jj is fading, hes in this path when he has got to a stage where hes happy with his level. i feel like hes in that pattern of deterioration. with wars in the gym and wars in the octagon, your body deteriorates. its not about growth anymore, it’s about maintenance

I4Jmrcjnr8Zfq.gif

your post makes Ughugh(RIP) seem rational

downplay it all you want

I will, if other people talk it up to the point of exaggeration.

Jon's performance was excellent because of who he fought. If he laid on Machida for a round and outpointed him without hurting him, nobody would be impressed. So the claims that Jones "destroyed" or "became king of the grind" are a little presumptuous.

He was doing Hug'n'Pray for the entire 4 and 5 rounds. He decided that he won at least 2 rounds and wanted to secure the victory by not doing anything and not allowing DC to do anything either (Jones landed just 11 out of 17 strikes in round 5). He basically did what cost Hendricks' the second fight, only Herb Dean hesitated to separate fighters this time.

Last edited:
He was doing Hug'n'Pray for the entire 4 and 5 rounds. He decided that he won at least 2 rounds and wanted to secure the victory by not allowing DC to do anything. He basically did what cost Hendricks' the second fight, only Herb Dean hesitated to separate fighters this time.

Yeah Herb was good back in the day but he is out of his prime. He should really have the talk with joe

my god man

if you cant see that i just basically quoted what mcgregor said about aldo and made a joke with my post, then i cant do anything

hey you made me laugh, so don't downplay your abilities.

original.gif

Jones had DC pressed against the cage for a good part of the 5th round as well basically doing nothing with it. He said he did that cause that's what DC did to his good friend Frank Mir which I agree DC did do that and it was annoying.

my god man

if you cant see that i just basically quoted what mcgregor said about aldo and made a joke with my post, then i cant do anything

You did have a point tho. Joke or not. This is when we will see some wierd shit happen with Jones and even Aldo. We saw it with GSP, we saw it with the chute boxe guys.. We dont know what is going on in the gym

Jones had DC pressed against the cage for a good part of the 5th round as well basically doing nothing with it. He said he did that cause that's what DC did to his good friend Frank Mir which I agree DC did do that and it was annoying.

DC was very apologetic after the Mir fight though and that is not how he typically fights. Doesnt change that it was a shit fight though i guess.

Back