Why didn't JDS attack when Cain missed his TD's and was lying helpless on the floor??

bjjwar

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
In the first round Cain shoot many telegrapehd TD's miles away and landed with his face on the canvas numerous times while JDS only moved away.Why do you think JDS didn't attack him when he was lying there?

Edit:In some of those attempts Velazquez managed to grab ONE of his foots.He could have hammerfisted his head while Cain was using both hands to hold on his foot lol.Cain was really defenseless in those situations and JDS only moved away.

Or do the same thing he did when Mir was lying on the floor.Rush in and punch him in the face.

Last edited:
Who knows, honestly. Dos Santos has looked better in every single other fight he has EVER done. Like honestly he looked dead after avoiding 3 or 4 take downs. Whatever it was he let himself down most of all. UBEREEM FOR NEXT CHAMP IM CALLING IT NOW!

He cant because of the unified rules.

because he wanted him to stand up, its not that hard to figure out.

Because Cain is the sort of wrestler who would wrap him up on the attack and complete the takedown. Better to be out of harms way, at least in theory. In retrospect, perhaps not.

if only soccer kicks were legal....

:(

He cant because of the unified rules.

Because the only strike you can do to grounded opponents are head stomps and soccer kicks...

I think it would've been nice to see him try and pound him out like when he finished mir but hopefully he'll just improve for next time.

JDS worried too much about the take down of Cain...

I was more surprised that JDS looked extremely slow...I know Cain is a very fast HW...but JDS looked slow...if you watched his previous fights, he was very quick...

Because a great wrestler can still shoot from the knees. JDS probably did not want to initiate scrambles because they most likely were better for Cain.

People teme to discount the effect another guy being super aggressive has on some fighters. Sometimes they just don't know how to react.

Cain's TDs are a bit overrated... and I am a big Cain's fan. He has a good single leg from a close distance but it is not very explosive. He would not have much success wrestling against Cormier or Jones.

His strength is the pace and ability to mix thing up, not striking or wrestling by itself.

In the first round Cain shoot many telegrapehd TD's miles away and landed with his face on the canvas numerous times while JDS only moved away.Why do you think JDS didn't attack him when he was lying there?

This is one of my critiques of JDS last night. He seemed too confident that Cain would simply slow down and stand with him. Hopefully when they rematch JDS will try to attack from top position. Cain was in a very vulnerable position many times and JDS walked away. It wasn't uncharacteristic of him, he always does that, but perhaps it's time that old dog learns new tricks.

He was too confident in his standup and playing it safe, just circling away while Cain was on his hands and knees. It was ridiculous.

You PUNISH grounded fighters. JDS blew it in r1 by underestimating Cain and not seizing opportunity time and time again.

This is one of my critiques of JDS last night. He seemed too confident that Cain would simply slow down and stand with him. Hopefully when they rematch JDS will try to attack from top position. Cain was in a very vulnerable position many times and JDS walked away. It wasn't uncharacteristic of him, he always does that, but perhaps it's time that old dog learns new tricks.

Nods. I mean, it has happened for JDS in every other fight, so I don't blame him for thinking that stuffing a few means the attempts would stop.

In some of those attempts Velazquez managed to grab ONE of his foots.He could have hammerfisted his head while Cain was using both hands to hold on his foot lol.

Or do the same thing he did when Mir was lying on the floor.Rush in and punch him in the face.
Lol wanted to edit my post.

He was too confident in his standup and playing it safe, just circling away while Cain was on his hands and knees. It was ridiculous.

You PUNISH grounded fighters. JDS blew it in r1 by underestimating Cain and not seizing opportunity time and time again.

JDS should have thrown 4 to 5 liver punches for every Missed Cain Takedown.

He was confident in his stand up but he was off his game. His distance and timing were off even in the 1st. It seemed he spent a great deal of time working tdd and his striking suffered.

Back