Why didn't GSP pursue a Hendricks rematch?

Troll thread? Cause he won and cause Big Rigg was juiced to the gills. It is known

Reactions: lsa
And if he beats up Hendricks now does that do anything for you TS?

GSP had been giving signs of retirement around the Condit fight. Then he retired 2 fights after Condit. Weird right?

He was already talking about taking a break. It's very possible GSP would have came back sooner if Dana didn't throw a fit.

What...are....ya....talkin´....about....

View attachment 798725
Just rewatched the sequence. Herb is inching his way in, Bisping shoves Anderson backwards disengaging. The Unified Rules Herb quoted in defending his actions said:
"But it’s in the rules, it’s actually a written mechanic that was added to the rules, I don’t know, maybe six years ago. So we’ve been doing it, but it’s actually also in writing in the Unified Rules, that the referee is to wait for a lull in the action to replace the mouthpiece."

Herb had the mouth piece in hand, made a point of edging in and when Bisping created a "Lull" and signalled for his mouth piece, Anderson attacked with the knee.

It was perfectly timed but Herb inserted himself into very close proximity where he should have stopped the action handed over the mouth piece or alternatively stayed at normal range that a ref maintains when they aren't about to stop the action and hand over a mouth piece.

Just rewatched the sequence. Herb is inching his way in, Bisping shoves Anderson backwards disengaging. The Unified Rules Herb quoted in defending his actions said:
"But it’s in the rules, it’s actually a written mechanic that was added to the rules, I don’t know, maybe six years ago. So we’ve been doing it, but it’s actually also in writing in the Unified Rules, that the referee is to wait for a lull in the action to replace the mouthpiece."

Herb had the mouth piece in hand, made a point of edging in and when Bisping created a "Lull" and signalled for his mouth piece, Anderson attacked with the knee.

It was perfectly timed but Herb inserted himself into very close proximity where he should have stopped the action handed over the mouth piece or alternatively stayed at normal range that a ref maintains when they aren't about to stop the action and hand over a mouth piece.
hmmm...nah...

It´s not Dean (who literally froze) who initiated that 'distraction', it´s BS-Pin´himself...

vlcsnap-2020-09-14-20h43m14s113.png

Pretty amateurish, tbh....

hmmm...nah...

It´s not Dean (who literally froze) who initiated that 'distraction', it´s BS-Pin´himself...

Pretty amateurish, tbh....
Literally 1 second before that Herb is inching his hips in and leaning back the way refs do when they are about to get in between fighters.

He talked a while about PED's when he had the voice for it as champ...probably also because he had seen it more than in his early years. Also mentioned disinterest in the sport, while still loving training. Something about "loss of time" during days. Not having a life because of the strict regimen of preparation for fights for most of his adult life.

The Hendricks fight wasn't really his reason for vacating and retiring. Those things he mentioned were a ongoing topic.

Silva, Rockhold, Weidman, Souza, Romero etc.. GSP wanted nothing to do with any of them.
when GSP said he was coming back for the MW title, Rockhold was champ ... ur among the worst poster I have seen here, not because ur a troll, but because legit 50 % of the shit u say is WRONG.

Reactions: lsa
U know what’s funny, I received double yellow for asking the same question even in less offensive way!
Honestly though, everyone gets a bad night and in my book, Hendricks was the better fighter that night, just that night because look at where he is and where did he go afterwards!

I wouldn't be surprised if Hendricks gave him CTE symptoms. I'd probably quit while I was ahead too.

Penn, Condit, and Serra all did more damage to GSP than Hendricks did. Penn sent GSP straight to the hospital in their first fight (he couldn't even make it to the press conference after Penn, he had no trouble getting to the press conference after Hendricks). Condit knocked GSP down (Hendricks didn't come close to doing that). And Serra hit GSP so hard he made him tap. Hendricks didn't come close to doing that.

So I suspect GSP had CTE symptoms long before he fought Hendricks -- Hendricks would have added to them, but less than Penn, Condit and Serra did.

The best time for GSP to quit (if he was trying to avoid CTE) was after the first Penn fight. Being hospitalized would have been an unmistakable warning. And then the Serra fight -- he probably took more damage in that one fight than in the rest of his fights together (including the Hendricks and Penn fights).

If a tough fight was going to make GSP retire, he'd have done so after the first Penn fight (his winning the decision was as controversial as the Hendricks fight). And he'd definitely have quit after being finished twice (once by Hughes, once by Serra) -- there's nothing tougher than being finished.

He retired because he was tired of fighting. However, if you're going to say the last guy someone fights is the one who retired him, Bisping is the guy who retired GSP.

Why would you pursue a rematch against someone you beat? To satisfy the ones that thought you lost?

If that was your mindset, you probably wouldn't have come so far.
So then why do people who lose get rematches?

hurrrdurrrrr

Johnny took that man out behind the woodshed and still cant believe " the gsp" left that building with that title. Thank God gsps record now reads 25-3 ....not 26-2.

Anderson > gsp ( sorry- I'm so bad...lol)

This is what tarnishes his legacy.

That fight was a clear win for Hendricks. GSP should have done the rematch before retiring. Retiring the way he did makes it look like he dominated every fighter he fought, finally fights someone who can give him a run for his money and then retires.
Grow up. It Dosent mKe it look like shit .

It looks like he retired lol Jesus y’all are CRAZY

Back