Why didn't GSP pursue a Hendricks rematch?

This is what tarnishes his legacy.

That fight was a clear win for Hendricks. GSP should have done the rematch before retiring. Retiring the way he did makes it look like he dominated every fighter he fought, finally fights someone who can give him a run for his money and then retires.
So you are making a few false statements and one ridiculous one.

Basically you are saying GSP is a front runner and ran away when someone gave him trouble. Ignoring the fact that he lost his first title fight to Matt Hughes who he went on to defeat twice. He also lost in his first title defence to Matt Serra and then rematched and destroyed Serra. He was caught mid fight with a flush head kick from Condit and fought back to win the fight.

The ridiculous statement is that it was a clear win for Johny. No matter how you scored it 48-47 is not a clear win when there are 2 rounds clear for one fighter, two clear for the other and a razor thin round that could have gone either way.

So you are making a few false statements and one ridiculous one.

Basically you are saying GSP is a front runner and ran away when someone gave him trouble. Ignoring the fact that he lost his first title fight to Matt Hughes who he went on to defeat twice. He also lost in his first title defence to Matt Serra and then rematched and destroyed Serra. He was caught mid fight with a flush head kick from Condit and fought back to win the fight.

The ridiculous statement is that it was a clear win for Johny. No matter how you scored it 48-47 is not a clear win when there are 2 rounds clear for one fighter, two clear for the other and a razor thin round that could have gone either way.

Also tore his groin in the Alves fight (4th round) and still won the last round decisively. Whoever calls GSP a front runner is retarded.

I remember thinking to myself that despite what GSP said about retiring post fight that he would go after Hendricks in a rematch to clear any doubt but he didn't come back. GSP never said anything about peds and testing during the earlier part of his career which everyone knows that ped usage was far more easier to get away with. I feel like GSP retiring at that point was for reasons other than just the whole ped testing situation. I always thought that GSP couldn't be out for longer than 2 years he didn't come back until 2017
He was talking about retirement going into the condit fight......

21scCdn.gif

He got beaten into retirement. It's the same reason he'd never fight Silva but had no problem going after Bisping.

I remember thinking to myself that despite what GSP said about retiring post fight that he would go after Hendricks in a rematch to clear any doubt
He was going to come back to beat Hendricks but USADA had already sent him to BKFC. If Hendricks had been able to beat Paulo Costa GSP would have given him a title shot at MW. Too bad Johny only went 27% against Costa.

They closed the gap on jones because he isn't allowed to roid anymore.

They closed the gap on GSP because they used steroids (hendricks).
There's no evidence it was steroids, he never tested positive it could just have been the IV ban and obviously he wasn't disciplined. In fact GSP look like crap against Bisping post usada and also had a HGH gut and 3d shoulders

Have you seen a champion looking for a rematch with the guy that he already beat?? The guy that almost and in the eyes of many beat him...

Back