Why didn't Diaz continue punching Pettis for a TKO win?

It would also be nice if people keep this in mind when harshly criticizing refs, judges, and commentators.

We have the luxury of relaxing at home with multiple camera angles, endless replays, and not being 'in the moment' with noise, adrenaline and worrying about the job we are doing while watching.
If we don't have such luxury and if we are 'in the moment', fighters and referees would have lost their jobs. They are paid partly to be criticised. That is their job.

This. People see all these openings sitting on the couch with their beer.

It’s different when you’re in there actually fighting.
I concut with your opinion. So what about someone who made a thread 'Unpopular Opinion: UFC should release USADA suspended fighters on request'?

Answer the question or shut up and get out.

I actually called nate and he said he was tired from going hard 3 rounds and was more comfortable trying to sub him as that is how he finishes most guys..

So there you go..

This. People see all these openings sitting on the couch with their beer.

It’s different when you’re in there actually fighting.
We pay to sit on the couch with our beer and we don't have to be in there. And they are paid to be in there and not sit on the couch with their beer. It is so hypocritical that you people created such a way of entertainment – putting two men in a cage and watching them fighting – and now you don't allow the audience who pay them to talk about them. That is not how your beloved capitalism works.

Sub guy always goes for sub when opportunity presents itself no matter the opponent. Diaz has done the same thing before and been mostly succesful.
I agree - IIRC, he has the most subs in LW divisional history in the UFC

I actually called nate and he said he was tired from going hard 3 rounds and was more comfortable trying to sub him as that is how he finishes most guys..

So there you go..
You lied.

You lied.

You don't know that..

But if you don't accept that explanation there is not much i can do.. you ask a forum why and the only way is to ask him.. i said i asked him, gave you a reasonable explanation and you call me a liar..

What's the purpose of your thread if you can't accept that explanation?

With that said.. i lied..

I just asked a question, Mr Smartass. If you want to answer it , then answer it; if you don't, just shut up and get out. You saw the thread title and you still got in to read more about this thread which you have no interest in. I didn't ask you to read it.
You should go to see a doctor and buy some medicine for your polio.

Contrary to what your special ed teacher tells you, there is such a thing as a stupid question. Ask a stupid question, get a smartass answer. Go cry some more.

Nate is not used to hurting people enough for a TKO. His mo has always been hit them until they're tired then choke them

Don't let TS know about all the secrets to MMA or you'll forever ruin the excitement of what is likely to happen in a fight. It probably is exciting to have no idea what fighters tend to do, even if they have dozens of fights under their belts.

If we don't have such luxury and if we are 'in the moment', fighters and referees would have lost their jobs. They are paid partly to be criticised. That is their job.

I don't mean they are exempt from criticism...I just said we should keep that in mind when we criticize them (i.e. many people are a bit harsh).

We often get to see something multiple times on replay, from 2-3 different angles...while a ref is in the moment with one angle and one chance to get it right. What is 'obvious' to us, may not be to them.

Back