Why didn't Diaz continue punching Pettis for a TKO win?

ijngf

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
In the last round, Diaz kneed Pettis and rocked him heavily. Why didn't Diaz keep punching him for a TKO win instead of wasting time trying to submit him?

Yo I totally forgot this fight even happened. WTF what a brain fart

This. People see all these openings sitting on the couch with their beer.

It’s different when you’re in there actually fighting.

It would also be nice if people keep this in mind when harshly criticizing refs, judges, and commentators.

We have the luxury of relaxing at home with multiple camera angles, endless replays, and not being 'in the moment' with noise, adrenaline and worrying about the job we are doing while watching.

Nate is not used to hurting people enough for a TKO. His mo has always been hit them until they're tired then choke them

IIRC Pettis got rocked and pulled guard and he is pretty good at BJJ and is somewhat tough. I might be wrong tho

How many subs does Diaz have in the UFC? How many of those came after he hurt or started to crumble someone standing?

Exactly.

Conor spared him of a fight ending technique so he was extending the favor to Pettis. Diaz bros, always passing the kindness forward.

No worse then Thiago Alves shooting a double leg right into a choke, after been beating up Martin kampman for two rounds and 4:50 minutes.

You should coach fighters Captain Hindsight.
I just asked a question, Mr Smartass. If you want to answer it , then answer it; if you don't, just shut up and get out. You saw the thread title and you still got in to read more about this thread which you have no interest in. I didn't ask you to read it.

Back