Why didn't Dana give Rousey a gimme fight?

Because she is so mentally unstable that she might lose that fight. Dana is praying to God that Rousey somehow wins, then he will grant her an immediate title shot at the women's 145lbs title so she can be second behind McGregor in holding two belts simultaneously. It's as plain as day. Dana looking out for his golden children aka the great white hopes.

This is the dumbest shit I've ever read on sherdog. Go away and never come back.

Because like Ronda, he thinks she was the victim of the media, spread herself too thin and didn't have time to train properly. She also wanted the title shot.

Honestly, if Ronda is mentally there (she's not), she'd run through Nunes. The intriguing part is to see where Ronda is. Did she train hard and get better or is she doing the same stuff as always and will be mentally defeated when she gets tagged the first time?

Only mentally weak fighters seek out tune up fights. Confident fighters go straight for the champion and skip the bullshit.
You just explained Carla Esparza to a T. it seems like all she wants are tuneup fights. She likes her high rank but ducks the people her high rank says she should fight. So far she ducked Jessica Andrade and Claudia Gadelha. After turning down multiple fights she then complains about her not getting enough fights to make money.

They decide to cash in all their chips. If she wins,the UFC gets everything,if she loses,and still wants to fight,they can easily keep her in the mix however they want.

Because if she wins her belt back, she's back at the top of the heap and if she loses it again she can just come out and say "My heart is just not in this anymore, I didn't feel like myself".

Hahahahaha Nunes is a gimme fight you cans

Because the UFC wouldn't be able to make nearly as much money if they gave Rousey a scrub.

And had she come back to beat Miesha again you and all the other irrational haters would have criticized her for taking the easy fight.
Yeah. Probably. Had she come back and fought holm again, i would have given her some credit. I dont know why others hate her. I hate her because some of the ugly things she says and does. She just seems like an asshole. Same reason i hate other fighters, athletes and celebrities.

It is a gimme fight.... if you know what I mean

First uncle ari is the boss now and this is what he says

On a different note, while people have been excited about numbers on holm-schevchenko and Pvz-waterson, can you imagine the stupid number Ronda would do on free tv?

We all know if Ronda loses again, it very well could be the end of her career, she can not handle losing AT ALL...

If Rousey was given an easy fight, say Bethe rematch, they could headline a Fox Card and rejuvenate the hype. They would be able to milk Rousey, improve PPV numbers for Rousey vs Nunes and boost Ronda's confidence going into the championship fight (making it more competitive)....

Nunes is a very difficult opponent for her and Rousey has not been open to hyping the fight at all... If Meisha was still champion and they had a history they could promote then I would understand, but isn't UFC screwing this up?

The biggest star they have besides Conor is getting a VERY difficult opponent on a PPV they haven't boosted at all and the fallout could be devastating to her career.

Big risk, marginal reward
Ive never been a big rousey fan i think she is disrespectful and shows very little class but anyone that doesn't think this is a very winnable fight for rousey Is blind from her last loss . I don't get How people can forget how dominant she was before the loss , 9 of her wins have come in under 1 minute ! I can see Nunes winning this fight if she lands a big punch early but if she can't game over !

Only mentally weak fighters seek out tune up fights. Confident fighters go straight for the champion and skip the bullshit.
There has been a chain of events that started with the purple pillow and tearful suicide talk on Ellen and went through the recent refusal to do media. Think about all that and everything in between. EVERYTHING indicates that Ronda is the least confident fighter in the UFC.

It's odd that none of her fans can see this.

I think the answer is obvious.

She managed to get on his bad side.

Cashing in hoping to cash more or dump her into lost memory space if it goes wrong.

I can't seem to think of a case in which a longstanding champion who just lost the belt was given an easy fight.

And people wonder why MMA isn't considered a real sport.

Back