Why didn't Dana give Rousey a gimme fight?

AceCooch

Ace Land
@Brown
Reaction score
We all know if Ronda loses again, it very well could be the end of her career, she can not handle losing AT ALL...

If Rousey was given an easy fight, say Bethe rematch, they could headline a Fox Card and rejuvenate the hype. They would be able to milk Rousey, improve PPV numbers for Rousey vs Nunes and boost Ronda's confidence going into the championship fight (making it more competitive)....

Nunes is a very difficult opponent for her and Rousey has not been open to hyping the fight at all... If Meisha was still champion and they had a history they could promote then I would understand, but isn't UFC screwing this up?

The biggest star they have besides Conor is getting a VERY difficult opponent on a PPV they haven't boosted at all and the fallout could be devastating to her career.

Big risk, marginal reward

If it was anything else but a title shot, everyone would know she was terrified of Holly.

Only mentally weak fighters seek out tune up fights. Confident fighters go straight for the champion and skip the bullshit.

Only mentally weak fighters seek out tune up fights. Confident fighters go straight for the champion and skip the bullshit.

I understand that, and I hespect rousey for taking the fight, but isn't it bad marketing?

Because she wants to be the best. Say and think what you want about Ronda and her behavior but she's always putting it all on the line.

lol at a fox card

They were always gonna make a big deal out of her return & rightfully so, a lot of questions will be answered in a few days & it's only right she headlines with a title shot on her return

He tried to make rousey vs tate, but ronda was still suicidal from the holm beatdown.

Depends on how long they were out. Muhammed Ali had two tune up fights before fighting Frazier for the title, though he was out three years, not just one.

The new owners got a loan to buy the UFC, and each monthly payment is more than 10 millions dollars. That's why they are doing these sasquat matches.
They need money fast.

'Milk' Rousey....

Holy shit.
KAZihxAQMPHx.jpg

There wouldn't be as much hype for her return if she faced someone nobody cares about like Bethe. I'd like to see her try to avenge her loss to Holly but I don't see that ever happening (even thoguh Dana tries to say it will if they both win).

Tate lost and retired, so she's out.

They gave Rousey an instant title fight and she has a chance against Nunes if she can get it to the ground.

He tried to make rousey vs tate, but ronda was still suicidal from the holm beatdown.

And had she come back to beat Miesha again you and all the other irrational haters would have criticized her for taking the easy fight.

There wouldn't be as much hype for her return if she faced someone nobody cares about like Bethe. I'd like to see her try to avenge her loss to Holly but I don't see that ever happening (even thoguh Dana tries to say it will if they both win).

Tate lost and retired, so she's out.

They gave Rousey an instant title fight and she has a chance against Nunes if she can get it to the ground.
Oh she will get to the ground alright.....just not the way she wants too......If she lasts 3 rounds with Nunes I will be shocked....

Oh she will get to the ground alright.....just not the way she wants too......If she lasts 3 rounds with Nunes I will be shocked....

I hope you're right. I'm pulling for Nunes for sure. She has the talent to win. I'm hoping she doesn't just forget the gameplan like some of Rousey's opponents do and pull a Zingano.

Because she is so mentally unstable that she might lose that fight. Dana is praying to God that Rousey somehow wins, then he will grant her an immediate title shot at the women's 145lbs title so she can be second behind McGregor in holding two belts simultaneously. It's as plain as day. Dana looking out for his golden children aka the great white hopes.

If Ronda wasn't coming off the loss and layoff, everyone would think this was a gimme fight.

Back