Why didn't Cory Hendricks get a UFC shot??

Finding Deebo

Swimming in Heaven, lookin' for Craig!!
Banned
Reaction score
He beat Khalil Roundtree on the Ultimate fighter, losing in the final to Josh Stansbury, but after that....nothing. Been fighting in ACA in Russia/E. Europe/Central Asia.

He beat Khalil Roundtree on the Ultimate fighter, losing in the final to Josh Stansbury, but after that....nothing. Been fighting in ACA in Russia/E. Europe/Central Asia.

I think he had a tiny record like 3-1 after losing at the finale to Stansbury. The UFC probably thought he needed more experience and he never really kicked on - he'd win a couple, then drop a loss, so I don't think he ever surfaced on their radar again as a result. He does have a few tidy wins to his name though.

Dunno really, he'd probably be fine in the lower reaches of LHW too, he's not worse than Mike Rodriguez, Marcin Prachnio or John Allen.

Yeah, he'd probably last for a while in the UFC providing he wasn't fighting the top half of the division.

I just looked at him on Tapology and to be honest, he's 7-3 and it seems very unlikely his record will improve enough to get a UFC call (I'd say 11-3 and they'd call him). The reason? He's fighting in ACA and they are throwing him in there with guys he shouldn't be fighting as someone with only 10 pro fights. He lost a narrow decision to Nasrudinov recently, who's pretty good and an unbeaten prospect. He's coming off a win, but knowing ACA his next fight will be against someone unbeaten HW who outweighs him by 40lbs.

Yeah, he'd probably last for a while in the UFC providing he wasn't fighting the top half of the division.

I just looked at him on Tapology and to be honest, he's 7-3 and it seems very unlikely his record will improve enough to get a UFC call (I'd say 11-3 and they'd call him). The reason? He's fighting in ACA and they are throwing him in there with guys he shouldn't be fighting as someone with only 10 pro fights. He lost a narrow decision to Nasrudinov recently, who's pretty good and an unbeaten prospect. He's coming off a win, but knowing ACA his next fight will be against someone unbeaten HW who outweighs him by 40lbs.

I think he'll have to find somewhere else to fight now anyway with the sanctions on Kadyrov, I don't think any American fighters will be fighting for them any time soon (Brett Cooper pulled out of the last card).

He'd probably do okay in PFL or Bellator, but if he wanted to get back into the UFC then LFA would be a smart choice, but his purses would be less there.

I think he'll have to find somewhere else to fight now anyway with the sanctions on Kadyrov, I don't think any American fighters will be fighting for them any time soon (Brett Cooper pulled out of the last card).

He'd probably do okay in PFL or Bellator, but if he wanted to get back into the UFC then LFA would be a smart choice, but his purses would be less there.

LFA would actually be PERFECT for Hendricks. He's not old, but he's not young either. 33 i think, maybe 32. He could go to LFA, get some exposure fighting guys with 5-1, 6-2 type records and automatically be on the UFC's radar with the wins he is definitely capable of getting.

Back