Why didn't commentary talk about the fight scoring?

Nimrod

Wistfull With A Fist-Full
@Silver
Reaction score
They never talked about who was winning the rounds until the 4th when Jones actually started fighting back.

It was clear to anyone that Reyes had bagged the first 3 without much challenge from Jones (he was basically a Homer Simpson plodding forward for 3 rounds)

I smell BS ..

SameReflectingFlyingsquirrel-max-1mb.gif

They'd been talking about the judges being shit all night and about how the 49-46 Jones judge was terrible in an earlier fight.
When do they ever say who won each round early on in a 5 rounder? They make a comment if you hear a corner clearly getting it wrong and they might make a comment late in the fight but they never score it round by round, that's a boxing thing.
If Rogan or Cruz were boxing co-commentators then one or both of them would score it round by round, they'd tell you how they scored it at the end of each round and there'd probably be a graphic on the screen.

They never talked about who was winning the rounds until the 4th when Jones actually started fighting back.

It was clear to anyone that Reyes had bagged the first 3 without much challenge from Jones (he was basically a Homer Simpson plodding forward for 3 rounds)

I smell BS ..
They mentioned several times they felt Reyes was up going into the forth (which he was). Then, much like Reyes clearly winning RDS 1&2 Jon clearly won 4&5 leaving 3 as the question mark with Reyes arguably winning the first half and Jon the second.

What about that is BS?

Also, what do you consider a more admirable trait... Winning early when you're fresh or winning late when you're tired and hurt and pushing forward on heart? Which one sounds more like something all great champions are known for?

I hate that I missed this fight.

I watched round 4 and 5 and Jones won both.

For the record I had Jones beating Gus 3-2 (huge Gus fan)
And Santos beatting Jones 3-2 (1 2 5)

Hearing differing opinions on the first 3 rounds here, Reyes winning 2 or 3 of the first 3 rounds

They mentioned several times they felt Reyes was up going into the forth (which he was). Then, much like Reyes clearly winning RDS 1&2 Jon clearly won 4&5 leaving 3 as the question mark with Reyes arguably winning the first half and Jon the second.

What about that is BS?

Also, what do you consider a more admirable trait... Winning early when you're fresh or winning late when you're tired and hurt and pushing forward on heart? Which one sounds more like something all great champions are known for?

Winning the first three rounds in a 5 round fight wins you the fight .. Thats math ..

I hate that I missed this fight.

I watched round 4 and 5 and Jones won both.

For the record I had Jones beating Gus 3-2 (huge Gus fan)
And Santos beatting Jones 3-2 (1 2 5)

Hearing differing opinions on the first 3 rounds here, Reyes winning 2 or 3 of the first 3 rounds

Watch the fight man .. Reyes had the first 3 by a decent margin, Jones was a Homer just plodding about getting lit up ..
Last 2 Jones started fighting, that was when Reyes slowed a bit, its clear Jones is tough as anyone but Reyes has more skill.

Winning the first three rounds in a 5 round fight wins you the fight .. Thats math ..
Yeah, that would be true if it could be said without question he did that, unfortunately it can't be though and RD.3 can be argued either way or even scored a draw.

Yeah, that would be true if it could be said without question he did that, unfortunately it can't be though and RD.3 can be argued either way or even scored a draw.

Yeah true .. Plenty of arguments to be had thats for sure.. Especially when you have a professional judge score it 4:1 Jones.

What about that is BS?

2 Judges had Round 2 for Jones

Not sure how they came up with that but touché. In that case I guess Jones undeniably won.
Touché. Jones undeniably won, via circumstances that don't make sense.

You nailed the hammer on the head.

Everytime jones landed a pitter patter shot or a crappy leg kick the commentators would go crazy

Dominic reyes pieces him up and they're busy talking about some other crap

Filthy business the UFC is

Everytime jones landed a pitter patter shot or a crappy leg kick the commentators would go crazy

Dominic reyes pieces him up and they're busy talking about some other crap

Filthy business the UFC is

I was also sensing huge bias towards Jones.. Rogan was literally sucking on Jones aura ..

Watch the fight man .. Reyes had the first 3 by a decent margin, Jones was a Homer just plodding about getting lit up ..
Last 2 Jones started fighting, that was when Reyes slowed a bit, its clear Jones is tough as anyone but Reyes has more skill.

It shows Reyes wasn't pulsing. If you are tired in the 4th and 5th round, you ain't pulsing hard enough. Jon looked pulse fresh.

Reyes easily won the first two - I didn't feel like it was clear in the third and he lost the last two. I'd have to rewatch the third to decide, but honestly I don't care anymore.

What has surprised me about pulsing jones is that he does not seem to have the grappling advantage anymore

Back