Why Didn't Aldo, GSP, Anderson or Jones Ever Go for a Second Title?

Relax bro , it's ok

You know it's the truth , Frankie had no chance against Conor and you know it deep down..
Great CHAMPIONS defend their belts

Conor is a GREAT FIGHTER AND ONE OF THE BEST IN THE UFC RIGHT NOW but NOT A GREAT CHAMPION

If you can't understand that gtfo

If Anderson ever

put heat on Dana to get the fight, he would have gotten it.

If GSP ever put heat on Dana to get the fight @ 185, he'd have gotten it.

Conor got the fight because he talked about it nonstop for years.

Anderson and GSP never tried to put the heat on Dana to get those fights. They didn't want them.

No Anderson wouldn't have. I dont know if you watched mma at that time but Dana was PISSED. He absolutely trashed Anderson in the post fight interview, and was beyond pissed. He even threatened to cut Anderson Silva if he did it again. Dana didn't want that fight anymore after that, and by the time Anderson got back on track he had contenders lined up like Chael, Belfort etc. and it made better sense to keep them from fighting, and continue having them defend their titles. There was no point in derailing one of the goats at that point.

People forget how bad of a reputation Silva had at that point.

"Anderson is too big" - GSP
"Jon Jones is too big" - Anderson
"I'm waiting for the right HW" - JBJ

614_Conor_McGregor-twobelts.0.0.jpg

Eddie is smaller lol

Great CHAMPIONS defend their belts

Conor is a GREAT FIGHTER AND ONE OF THE BEST IN THE UFC RIGHT NOW but NOT A GREAT CHAMPION

If you can't understand that gtfo

He smoked everyone at 145

Mendes was his toughest match up and he beat him in the second round like he predicted , he did it with no wrestling training and he couldn't put any pressure on his knee 2 weeks out from the fight .

These are facts . He smoked Poirier , Max , Mendes and Aldo

he said all along from the say he signed with the UFC that he wanted 2 belts and that's what he done

The only person for him to fight left at 145 was Frankie and the way things worked out , that fight never happened but come on do you think Frankie had anything for Conor ?

If you really believe he had anything why doesn't Frankie go up to 155 again and try get the fight ?

Most guys go up in weight as they get older ,Frankie talking about going fuking down in weight to 135

Conor just dusted frankies much bigger teammate was a world champion the weight class above ,

the fuck outta heeeere ...

He smoked everyone at 145

Mendes was his toughest match up and he beat him in the second round like he predicted , he did it with no wrestling training and he couldn't put any pressure on his knee 2 weeks out from the fight .

These are facts . He smoked Poirier , Max , Mendes and Aldo

he said all along from the say he signed with the UFC that he wanted 2 belts and that's what he done

The only person for him to fight left at 145 was Frankie and the way things worked out , that fight never happened but come on do you think Frankie had anything for Conor ?

If you really believe he had anything why doesn't Frankie go up to 155 again and try get the fight ?

Most guys go up in weight as they get older ,Frankie talking about going fuking down in weight to 135

Conor just dusted frankies much bigger teammate was a world champion the weight class above ,

the fuck outta heeeere ...
Dude, I'm not reading all that, I only know that CHAMPIONS DEFEND BELTS and I'm not the only one who think that.

End.

Aldo: Showed interest in challenging for the Lightweight Title multiple times- when Edgar was champion and when Pettis was champion as well. UFC gave him the ultimatum that he had to drop the Featherweight Title to move up to Lightweight though, they wouldn't allow him to keep the Featherweight Title like McGregor.

Anderson: Lyoto Machida was a top contender/champion when Anderson was taking fights at Light Heavyweight. He said he would never move up to Light Heavyweight after the Forrest Griffin fight due to Machida and Lil Nog being UFC Light Heavyweights at the time. Once Jones won the belt he basically abandoned Light Heavyweight lol.

GSP: Besides BJ Penn and McGregor, GSP is the only guy that the UFC was seriously considering allowing to move up and challenge for a higher belt while still keeping his original championship. UFC and the fans pushed hard for him to fight Silva, but it's clear GSP didn't want the fight.

Jones: Jones not moving up a weight class is probably the most understandable out of the entire group- He has the biggest jump, from 205 pounders to 265+ pound guys. The jump from LHW to HW isn't comparable to moving up in weight in the lower divisions, the gap is ridiculous. Can't really blame Jones for not wanting to do it lol.

First 20 responses and not 1 accurate description.

Because they weren't allowed to keep their belt safe like Conor was.

Simple no spin answer.

Dude, I'm not reading all that, I only know that CHAMPIONS DEFEND BELTS and I'm not the only one who think that.

End.

Champions my bollox , you are full of shit and you know it . Nobody at 145 had anything for Conor and if he stayed down there you know well you would be calling him out for it

Champions chase history

Conor was out injured for a year and Aldo went running for a year , RDA pulled out so that was 2 Brazilians that pulled out and took a full year of Conors potential schedule in that time

It's a short career and no time to be fucking about , he went after the 2 belts ASAP

al things considered conor has done pretty bloody well well considering nealy 50 % of his UFC was derailed by pullouts and and injury .

Im outy

Aldo: dunno - too much to lose I guess
GSP: wasn't even finishing guys at WW - jumping up a weightclass was unlikely to work out
Anderson: going up 20 pounds to 205? no chance
Jones: His personal life messed up any chance of it - but going from LHW to HW is the worst jump there is. I think he would have gone up for the right opponent

Conor went up 10 pounds to what appears to be his ideal weight class. As others said, he never even defended his 145 pound belt. Totally different animal

This from a black belt.

Tis a dark day.

Jones: Jones not moving up a weight class is probably the most understandable out of the entire group- He has the biggest jump, from 205 pounders to 265+ pound guys. The jump from LHW to HW isn't comparable to moving up in weight in the lower divisions, the gap is ridiculous. Can't really blame Jones for not wanting to do it lol.

Most elite HW's fight at 240lbs.

Jones walks around 240lbs. With all the steroids he was using he could easily be a ripped 240lbs as well. Not to mention he's 6'5'' 84'' wingspan. Jones was smallest leap any of those fighters could have made, easily.

Champions my bollox , you are full of shit and you know it . Nobody at 145 had anything for Conor and if he stayed down there you know well you would be calling him out for it

Champions chase history

Conor was out injured for a year and Aldo went running for a year , RDA pulled out so that was 2 Brazilians that pulled out and took a full year of Conors potential schedule in that time

It's a short career and no time to be fucking about , he went after the 2 belts ASAP

al things considered conor has done pretty bloody well well considering nealy 50 % of his UFC was derailed by pullouts and and injury .

Im outy

Nobody at 185 had anything for Silva either, until his day came, but he left his belt with 10 defenses like a great champion he was

Nobody at 185 had anything for Silva either, until his day came, but he left his belt with 10 defenses like a great champion he was

No doubt Anderson was a brialliant fighter

But 2 things

He could have called Dana at anytime and asked for a light heavy weight fight and he would have got it , never went up

Second he got popped for peds , he is a cheater so shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as Conor . His whole career was performance enhanced .

They were busy actually fighting and defending the top people in their division versus being handed highly paid side show fights to produce WWE press conferences?
You do know this is the sort of dumb shit that loses the McGregor haters the war with the nuthuggers. Hate his fans all you want, a lot of them are super annoying...But Conor is legit as fuck.

No doubt Anderson was a brialliant fighter

But 2 things

He could have called Dana at anytime and asked for a light heavy weight fight and he would have got it , never went up

And right here folks, we have a casual fan that doesn't know Silva went up 3 fucking times while being the champion at 185, to fight Bonnar, Griffin and Irvin, all of them at LHW

And actually knocking them all out in the first

Last edited:
Aldo: dunno - too much to lose I guess
GSP: wasn't even finishing guys at WW - jumping up a weightclass was unlikely to work out
Anderson: going up 20 pounds to 205? no chance
Jones: His personal life messed up any chance of it - but going from LHW to HW is the worst jump there is. I think he would have gone up for the right opponent

Conor went up 10 pounds to what appears to be his ideal weight class. As others said, he never even defended his 145 pound belt. Totally different animal

This from a black belt.

Tis a dark day.

Because they are real champs who actually defended their belts like great champions do

They were actual champions who defended their belts.

They were too busy setting title defense records in their respective weight classes and putting themselves into the GOAT conversation in the process.

They were cleaning out divisions + they didnt have easy fights in the higher weightclass like Conor did

GSP had to fight another GOAT in Silva

Silva had to fight another GOAT in Jones

Conor got to fight a bellator fighter

came here to post something like these...

leaving here satisfied.<{anton}>

None of them had such a detrimental weight cut as Mcgregor.

He isnt stupid, large weightcuts will defintely have an impact on your long term health. He was clearly setting up a 155lb fight since he debuted in the UFC, there all stuck in the mud and what not.

Back