Why Didn't Aldo, GSP, Anderson or Jones Ever Go for a Second Title?

RDA wasn't a killer? Everyone and their mothers hyped RDA up to be the next best thing. Conor went up to fight him without hesitation.

RDA was never on the level of Jon Jones, Anderson Silva or GSP. And in all three cases, the champion in the next division was much bigger. But that's beside's the point. RDA never fought Conor so we won't ever know the outcome. Conor Mcgregor fought a guy who just won the belt and wasn't a big guy himself. I am not trying to knock on Conor, as I am a fan of his, but it's the truth. RDA and Eddies reign as champion shouldn't even be compared to GSP/Silva/Jon.

Last edited:
Conor at LW is right where he should be. When he cuts to FW he looks like a skeleton and is bigger than his opponents. Now if he fights the champion at WW then we can talk. I think he has some tough fights at LW and hopefully we get to see them.

Trolling and fighter bashing are shameful actions, TS.

Well, unless it slow white boys.

Slow white boys that had he fought 1 fight earlier would have been the champion of the division, lol.

What a pussy Anderson is for fighting a guy that was supposed to be a punishment for 2 lackluster fights in a row against a guy that was going to "make him fight"

Slow white boys that had he fought 1 fight earlier would have been the champion of the division, lol.

What a pussy Anderson is for fighting a guy that was supposed to be a punishment for 2 lackluster fights in a row against a guy that was going to "make him fight"

Oh, you're that guy who thought Forrest, Bonnar or Irvin had a chance.

The guy I quoted said Anderson wouldn't fight at 205, that's not true. Anderson Silva will take showcase fights at 205 with no intentions of moving through the 205 ranks.

I hate Dana for not making Aldo / Pettis.

Aldo tried. Dana said no. Pettis was more marketable so they protected him.

Garbage troll thread. Peace loser.

Oh, you're that guy who thought Forrest, Bonnar or Irvin had a chance.

The guy I quoted said Anderson wouldn't fight at 205, that's not true. Anderson Silva will take showcase fights at 205 with no intentions of moving through the 205 ranks.

Actually I didn't but you were around back then and know why that fight was made and I'm sure also know that the odds weren't that far off and most on here also didnt see it being the cake walk it became.

That fight is revisonist history at its finest.

I been watching since 2007. That never happen man. Must be an urban legend

What happened was Anderson told Dana he wanted to fight GSP at 170 a few days before the Maia fight. It was widely rumoured before the fight that GSP was going to walk in the Octagon and challenge Anderson Silva after the fight if he won, and they had him sit cage side during the fight. GSP never did enter the octagon after, and many speculated it was because of Andersons performance and the fact that Dana walked out and was disgusted.

After that Dana did an interview explaining that Anderson wanted to fight GSP at 170 but Anderson no longer deserves the fight, and he's not interested in making it anymore.

GSP was supposed to fight Anderson after the Maia fight, he was going to walk in the cage and challenge Anderson. After Anderson made a mockery of the fight, Dana White was so pissed he called it off, left the building, and said later that Anderson no longer deserved to fight GSP. After that GSP and Anderson were tied up in their divisions with contenders and the timing never really worked out again
This is a myth that came about due to GSP's presence there. But he was not there to challenge Anderson.

"Ando said..." - Ando too scared
He was too scared of who? Forrest, who he killed? Rashad, who he accepted a fight with, but who declined to fight him?

The only guy he declined to fight was Jones. He openly admitted that Jones would beat him. Before Jones, he truly didn't want to take Machida's division.

When Wanderlei dropped to MW, Anderson got upset, saying they were friends so Wand shouldn't challenge him. I find that silly, but that's how Anderson thinks.

This is a myth that came about due to GSP's presence there. But he was not there to challenge Anderson.

We know days before the Maia fight that Anderson told Dana he wanted to fight GSP at 170, and then rumours started coming out that GSP was going to challenge him after his fight. Based on the rumours, the fact the Anderson wanted to fight GSP at 170 for the belt, and the fact that GSP was cageside says that it was definitely possible.

Dana is on record after the fight saying that Anderson said he wanted to fight GSP at 170 for the belt, but he's no longer interested because Anderson doesn't deserve it.

I would love for someone to finally ask him in an interview if that was actually the plan, its been so long he would probably tell us now.

Because Conor started as a LW, cut ten pounds, and came back up to his natural division.

Anderson started at 170, beat former champs at 170,185 and 205... He's done more at higher weight classes than Conor.

Conor dropped down to get a belt. He didn't go up.

Back