Why Didn't Aldo, GSP, Anderson or Jones Ever Go for a Second Title?

Why didnt TS ever go for the search function?

They watched the bj penn/ gsp rematch.

They were busy actually fighting and defending the top people in their division versus being handed highly paid side show fights to produce WWE press conferences?

Aldo: dunno - too much to lose I guess
GSP: wasn't even finishing guys at WW - jumping up a weightclass was unlikely to work out
Anderson: going up 20 pounds to 205? no chance
Jones: His personal life messed up any chance of it - but going from LHW to HW is the worst jump there is. I think he would have gone up for the right opponent

Conor went up 10 pounds to what appears to be his ideal weight class. As others said, he never even defended his 145 pound belt. Totally different animal

The only thing these Conor hating bums have left to talk about is title defenses. Conor puts on fights people want to see, end of story.

"Anderson is too big" - GSP
"Jon Jones is too big" - Anderson
"I'm waiting for the right HW" - JBJ

614_Conor_McGregor-twobelts.0.0.jpg
Gsp and Anderson were both living legends at the time. JBJ beat Cormier. But I think JBJ is good at 205. He isn't walking around like Rumble at 260 plus. Aldo/Pettis was BS, Dana playing favorites. Life's not fair.

All defended their belt

One is undefeated

All have undefeated streaks

2 have fought/wanted a fight above their weightclass

One would be in a weight class with a 60 lb gap

Because they actually had to fight the contenders in their division, not only to get the belt, but to keep it. The only time it was even thought about pre-Conor was when a champ cleared out his respective division.

"Anderson is too big" - GSP
"Jon Jones is too big" - Anderson
"I'm waiting for the right HW" - JBJ

614_Conor_McGregor-twobelts.0.0.jpg
"Everyone isn't popular enough, that's why I can't fight contenders in any division under any circumstances unless it is the champ and a favorable matchup"

The only thing these Conor hating bums have left to talk about is title defenses. Conor puts on fights people want to see, end of story.

Conor haters will have you believe that title defenses > actually beating heavier weight class champions, its sad.

GSP too scared.

Ando said it was Machidas division.

Aldo was not allowed by bald man.

Cause the champions in the other divisions were straight up killers.

Because they didn't want to put their legacies at risk.

Back