Why didn’t Luke Rockhold become as famous as Conor ?

luke is white conor is irish. conor fought Floyd luke didn't. conor talked trash at those pressers luke didn't.

so when conor fights a country is showing up to buy tickets and ppvs and luke didn't.

Its moreso that I think Conor plays into the archetypical irish hard ass role which has a lot of appeal beyond just irish of irish American fanbases, he's basically Brad Pitt in snatch in real life.

He has no charisma and he's awkward. And though a really good fighter, he's not a consistently good enough one to probably entice casuals to get behind him.

This forum has a huge problem when it comes to shitposters and its getting worse as closer we get to the 229 card. I wonder why?

I disagree I think the more users who post random gifs for likes the better off this forum is.

Shit posting ist Krieg

you should've stopped at tall and good looking

Maybe because he is not as good of a fighter as Conor is? Maybe he didn’t KTFO out of everyone in his division then knock out the longtime supppsed p4p goat in 13 seconds.

luke is white conor is irish. conor fought Floyd luke didn't. conor talked trash at those pressers luke didn't.

so when conor fights a country is showing up to buy tickets and ppvs and luke didn't.

Umm, "Luke is white Conor is Irish" Are the Irish not known as some of the whitest people on earth? Also "Irish" isn't a race.

This comment confuses me, lol

Basically this
giphy.webp

And this

tumblr_o8aq1qGTmi1qa33wlo1_500.gif
I'm honestly curious as to how a conversation between Nate Diaz and Luke Rockhold goes like.
I feel like it would be like a rhino trying to talk to a tortoise.

And Luke didn't become a big thing because he is terrible on the mic, and his brand of cocky is offputting. He comes across as negative and a douche, and never really funny or fun. Dude is too serious, never seems like he's having fun. Conor can be a dick, but he usually looks like he's having fun, and you can tell he truly believes in himself. He is being him. Rockhold doesn't come across as that sure of himself. (in comparison)
And "Believe, Achieve, Succeed" was never going to make it to any t-shirts

He also doesn't fight often enough. It's a shame, because he's a great fighter, and he's had some exciting fights.
MW is also full of beasts though. I think he would have been more popular if the division wasn't so strong.

Umm, "Luke is white Conor is Irish" Are the Irish not known as some of the whitest people on earth? Also "Irish" isn't a race.

This comment confuses me, lol
Maybe he means white as in white american? I’m confused by his comment as well

Luke is still one of my favorite fighters. He should have played the heel card up though. Imagine the hate on a jet setting, supermodel, camel riding, UFC champion.

giphy-facebook_s-1.jpg

He lost his mystique pretty early when TRTVitor kicked him into Bolivia

He lost his mystique pretty early when TRTVitor kicked him into Bolivia

People forgave the Belfort loss for the most part, but getting ko'd by Bisping of all people, that kind of did him in.

He's also very resentful of guys he's lost to and does not seem to be humbled upon defeat, sometimes people look for that.

All in all, Luke's arrogance, bad mic skills, and an attitude of "I don't need to do this, I can make a living modeling" etc turns people against him.

I don't mean this as fighter bashing but as a personality flaw (so I shouldn't be penalized)..... The guy is a dick and not in a funny way.

Again, sorry but I calls em as I sees em and it's per to topic (not throwing it out of leftfield)

he could be the worst spoken person I've ever heard no joke

1. Because he didn't have a diehard fanbase of the whole country that supports his darlings win or lose.
2. Because he's not good at promoting himself

Ireland has 6 million people. Most don't like Conor. Being Irish is more important in America. Americans lap up the Irish gimmick and the history of immigration means there is a huge number of Americans who identify with the Irish.

Ireland has 6 million people. Most don't like Conor. Being Irish is more important in America. Americans lap up the Irish gimmick and the history of immigration means there is a huge number of Americans who identify with the Irish.

Actually, most of the Irish DO like and appreciate Conor and support him. And pretty much all of them KNOW him.
They show huge support on his every event and fly there with huge groups.

They started the following, Americans who identify with the Irish joined, and then all the other fanbase

Back