Why didn’t GSP over-ride Dana’s decision to nix the Silva fight after he beat Maia?

GrayArea

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
A lot of mma fans claim gsp/Silva was nixed by Dana because he was pissed after Silva’s win over Maia. But, why didn’t Georges just tell Dana “hey, screw off. I want my money fight. Me and Anderson, the fans—all want this matchup. Let’s do this, who cares about the Maia fight? I’ll destroy him for you Dana.”

Stars have power. We’ve seen it with Conor. We saw it before him. If you’re a star, a PPV draw...you have the power to pick and choose certain fights or matchups even if you’re champion.

We saw this years later when Georges came out from hiding for 4 years to pick an undeserved fight with Mike Ping. Dana granted his wish because it was a slow year business wise and Georges brought in revenue.

So, why do you think GSP didn’t just over ride Dana’s petty decision? Georges also could have made the fight happen a year before or a year after UFC 112 as well.

Eet waz een izz contract
He aff to fight ew Dana sayz, men

GSP never wanted that fight.

Fact is, GSP was scared to be KOed stiff by Anderson. If Condit could knock GSP down with that high left kick, The Spider would nothing short of maul him.

It is interesting that even the most ardent GSP fans say that his only chance would be to lay and pray hoping for a decision win lol.

GSP didn’t want none of Silva, even though it was a good stylistic matchup

Because Dana said Silva's next fight was going to be on the prelims so it wouldn't have been worth it to him.

GSP was terrified of Silva. He fought mostly wrestlers that were favorable stylistic match ups and fighters without much power in their hands. Silva was a whole new challenge he wasn’t willing to accept.

Fact is, GSP was scared to be KOed stiff by Anderson. If Condit could knock GSP down with that high left kick, The Spider would nothing short of maul him.

It is interesting that even the most ardent GSP fans say that his only chance would be to lay and pray hoping for a decision win lol.
Yet Chael had AS on his back for nearly 25 minutes. Yet GSP won 10 of his 19 UFC fights by doing just that. Shade of gray in that black and white. I agree that GSP didn't want the fight, but there's nothing certain about what the outcome would have been.

GSP had never fought at middleweight while Silva had fought at welterweight - Silva ducked GSP

Back