Why did UFC use Conor dolly attack to promote Khabib fight ?

I don't know but as long as they use the Jon Jones hit-and-run footage for his eventual return I'll be super happy

You can see several scenes of that event in their videos.
Is that normal?
Why don't they promote Volkan as a part time bar fighter ?

Volcano isn’t Conor.

Is that normal?
If they had grainy footage of that before the cormier fight, they would have no doubt.

Is that normal?
Money is their god and they seem to have no conscience. Propriety and morality are completely defunct in their psyche. It really is bizarre. The fact that the outrage has not been greater than it has surprises me.

Controversy sells.
35491.jpg

Because they spent a lot of money and effort and time on that stunt

Because the whole thing was a PR stunt all along. UFC officials were backstage and let Conor & co. in and didn't let security out until the glass broke. It got out of hand because Conor wasn't smart enough to account for broken glass flying through the air having the potential to injure people

I think the UFC somewhat set this incident up. Although, obviously they didn't intend for any fighters to get hurt, so Conor definitely took it a little bit too far.

Drama sells, they would be stupid not to use it.

The entire debacle was for promotion.
I'm surprised more people can't see that it was scripted... I believed it at the time and how the whole thing has played out since only reinforces that notion.

I'm surprised more people can't see that it was scripted... I believed it was wwe bs at the time and how the whole thing has played out since only reinforces that notion.

You think that would be obvious
Yeah, its sort of obvious but I think the confusion TA is expressing is the 'anything goes' mentality. In the past we all had a natural instinct about not using sensational material for one's own ends if it would encourage bad behavior. Its the same reason we typically refuse to negotiate with terrorists. Its why often cameramen will intentionally not film a fan who runs on the field or jumps on the stage. Another thing about it that bothers me is the way it was presented. If they just felt they had to include it, it could have been done more appropriately, communicating the shamefulness and illegality of the act rather than showing it with cool music and a throbbing beat in the background.
[ADDED] I just watched the promo again. Either the first version they showed at the press conference was shortened or else they've since added more footage because now after showing footage from the bus incident, there's a lot of footage of Dana expressing how disgusting it was, Conor doing the perp walk, and Conor standing before the judge in cuffs. That totally changes my view of it and I feel much better about it. Almost makes me wonder if UFC read my earlier sherdog post because I explicitly stated that if they must include footage of the bus incident they should balance it with footage of him doing the perp walk and standing in front of the judge in cuffs. Maybe just a matter of 'great minds think alike', I dunno..lol.

Or get Morroco president to pardon Lightning Lee Murray and put his bank heist on the promo?

Back