Why did the UFC try to kill soccerkick MMA??

Do any of you really believe that a head kick is more dangerous if your opponent is down

Try kicking a ball on the ground as far as you can.
Then try kicking a ball sitting on a 6ft post as far as you can

The assertion was that the "No knees" rule favors wrestlers. Tell that to the guy in the 2nd GIF who took 3 from Coleman after he was already out cold.
No knees and soccer kicks to the head of a grounded opponent does favor grappling. Just because a grappler can also use it, it doesn't negate the former assertion.
And holding a guy down so you can knee his head involves wrestling.
Sure, you can say that, but I wouldn't call striking a grounded opponent "wrestling." Also, if the grounded opponent was a better wrestler, then eliminating the strikes to the head of a grounded opponent will give him an advantage in that position.

So, the assertion still stands. Removing knee and soccer kick strikes to the head of a grounded opponents give grapplers an advantage.

Because they not only look disgusting[especially to someone checking out the sport for the first time] they are disgusting. The type of thing you see in a pub carpark after the drinking is over and two guys are beating the crap out of one another.

Do any of you really believe that a head kick is more dangerous if your opponent is down?

Yes. Just like it’s harder to punch way above your own head, it’s harder to kick hard high than low.

I can easily see someone running into a soccer kick, it’s much harder to go into a high kick like that while running.

ufc-test2-r1-c1.png

Well, almost?

At that point it is no longer wrestling. When you are throwing strikes you are not wrestling.

That's like saying you're not wrestling when you're GnPing the shit outta zomeone.

If knees on the ground were legal, they would be utilized most by guys with strong top games.

The exclusión of soccer kicks really bummed me out because I think of them as a combo maximizer/force multiplier, a strike that allowed you to continue your combo while the opponent was fading.

Blame slimeball Sakakibara. He gutted the organization during the sale negotiations so that by the time they were finalized, there was nothing left but a few fighter contracts and a tape library.

Yakuza scumbags gonna Yakuza scumbag.
Sakibabara should have committed seppuku for selling Pride to pink goof instead of selling to some other asian organization.
The ufc offered the most money, and the greedy bastard took it.
By the way, ufc never wanted to keep pride, fhey lied, they just wanted fighters' contracts.

If Chute Box never killed anyone in Pride, I don't see what the big worry is.

Those guys used the ropes for leverage too half the time lololol

As basically everyone else said, bad optics. It just LOOKS barbaric as fuck. The reality is mma is cruel amd savage anyway, but people care more about perception than reality.

We can watch guys get CTE. As long as it, like, doesn't look really gross and stuff.

It's pretty simple really.

It's because no North American Governing body since the Unified Rules were created would ever sanction them, or stomps or knees to the head of a grounded opponent.

It's not considered civilized among the general public, especially when taking place in a cage where they could be landed with the head pinned against the fence.

I'm not saying I agree with this but I can almost guarantee that's the reason behind it.

Yeah well things change and if you would have asked people before the UFC aired if that would be something they would sanction (modern mma) they would laugh you out of the gym

still don't understand how anyone still has this opinion
giphy.gif

c03WJoTuBv4NHoL2RYzj77__xvmPLbjlpOmovCA5QV0.gif

2cmn8cn.jpg

and the ironic part is that it's always Pride fanboys who say this.

How come none of those guys use that "phenomenal advantage" to dominate soccer kick MMA?

Delusional.

No knees to a grounded opponent hinders wrestlers.

It hinders everybody however knees to a downed opponent does not make wrestlers dominant as one can plainly see in the fact that wrestlers do not dominate soccer kick MMA however they do dominate American safespace MMA where they can shoot and dig for takedowns with Total Safety from incoming knees and kicks

Watch Mirko wipe the floor with Randleman and Coleman for an example

The assertion was that the "No knees" rule favors wrestlers. Tell that to the guy in the 2nd GIF who took 3 from Coleman after he was already out cold.

And holding a guy down so you can knee his head involves wrestling.

You need to watch Mirko versus Coleman and Randleman

Wrestlers do not dominate soccer kick MMA the way they dominate American Safe space MMA

Try kicking a ball on the ground as far as you can.
Then try kicking a ball sitting on a 6ft post as far as you can

I grew up playing soccer and rugby

I can kick a ball just as far whether it's my head height or on the ground

The average person cannot however it takes a crap load of flexibility and skill however we don't have that level of kicking skill in the United States but they do in Asia and Latin America

Back