Why did Sting go the WWE?

whitebelt4life

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
It seemed like he feared they would misuse him and he stayed away for that reason. Then he signs and his fears come true...he jobs to HHH. Did he need the money that badly?

Why don't you ask him instead of us

Probably did not need the money but realized it was his last chance to ever make that kind of money again and took it.

215TApM.gif

NCum.gif

tenor.gif

332.gif

You look at the way the WWF delt with the WCW invasion angle and the wrestlers involved and honestly I think his fears were probably not unjustified that he'd be chewed up quickly. By keeping away you could argue he maintained his status for longer even if the earnings weren't at the same level.

I'd imagine when he finally signed it was because he was close to retirement anyway.

Probably because tna was having him wrestle at half empty high school gyms. Also I think they chose not to renew his contract.

Made more <VinceCa$h> jobbing to WWE guys and continues to make <VinceCa$h> with a legends deal to use his likeness for shirts, figures, and whatever.

He deserves to be in any/all wrestling Hall of Fames as well.

I would imagine money played a factor, but he was in the twilight of his career. For his legacy, he needed to retire with WWE and go in the Hall of Fame. Sure, they could've still released the DVD set and had him in the video games, but a lot more fans know who he is now than before since he appeared in WWE. Also, while jobbing to HHH sucked, he started out with a great appearance at Survivor Series, and he had a pretty solid feud with Rollins. It's a shame his career ended so abruptly, but he was in his 50s and was inevitably going to have to retire. Just wish it was on his terms.

It was good that he had a go with Rollins. I'd hate for young fans to remember him for just working a snails-pace, "main even style" HHH match.

It was good that he had a go with Rollins. I'd hate for young fans to remember him for just working a snails-pace, "main even style" HHH match.

Lol instead they get to remember him for getting crippled by one of the supposed "best hands' in wwe.

I'm hoping he can get medically cleared for a few more matches. He deserves another WrestleMania and Saudi pay day

It doesn't look like anyone has mentioned this yet...but is it possible he did it for money?

TNA lowballed him, if they kept paying him w/e he was getting paid he would have never left. Same with AJ Styles and Samoa Joe.

It's terrible that they brought him in and never let him win a match in the company. Hope Sting comes back next year at WrestleMania and beats The Undertaker in a Casket match.

It's terrible that they brought him in and never let him win a match in the company. Hope Sting comes back next year at WrestleMania and beats The Undertaker in a Casket match.

If they could do something ala the Boneyard Match, obviously it wouldn't be offsite, but maybe something in the arena with a lot of special effects, using cinematics and props, that would be awesome. I feel like it would be an appropriate end to both of their careers.

People assume he cared about "jobbing".

Sting was eating pins from people like Nick Aldis, EC3, and Bully Ray in TNA, I don't think he gave a fuck about eating a pin from Triple H at Wrestlemania.

Back