why did Ronda not change coaches?

Ronda is a millionaire she doesnt need to change camps,she could just bring in whoever she needed.

Edmund has been with her since before the start of her MMA career, and while his skills as a striking coach are questionable, there is more to being a coach than the ability to teach technique.

I believe that he was a large part of the her strong belief in herself, which got her to where she was. I honestly think that a change of camps would have possibly been to her detriment.

Basically this but the answer for Ronda is somewhere in between. She should keep Edmond at some capacity but definitely venture out for certain training. Edmonds role should just be reduced. Momma knows best.

8xhWhJDoHxTOw.gif

LimpNextGreathornedowl.gif
I can't decide which gif is more intriguing, either way bravo!

Some of striking is natural gifts. My son was an undefeated collegiate middleweight. He had big hands and was taller with more reach than most other MWs. Kinda an Irish/German version of Nate Diaz. He had been in some street fights and trained a lot and had great cardio. He could hit like a sledgehammer but didn't have the greatest footwork. His reach advantage put better boxers in a dilemma and I think he beat some people who were better on a technical basis.
Ronda has small hands and average reach. She seems to have a pretty good chin. She is not that great on her feet. But people stay away because they don't want to get clinched. I think she can become a good enough striker to get into clinches against much better strikers and that is all she really has to do.
Nunes has great reach and great ability to explode and she throws big punches. Her weakness is cardio.
In MMA, the trick is to be able to negate or at least defend against the other fighter's strength better than they can defend against or negate yours.

Ronda obviously didn't want to switch teams/coaches because she didn't want SHERDOGGERS to call her the female snake in the grass.

It takes a life time to become a world class striker. You will just end up like Dos Anjos, thinking you are a good striker but you get ko'd by a guy throwing over hand rights.
Boxers start under 16 (that's considered old) yr old and have 60 + (average) amateur fights. mma fighters have like 4 amateur fights and fight in the UFC with 5-10 fights.
Serviceable is the best that is even possible in mma.
But we are not talking about turning Ronda into a world class striker. We are talking about improving her striking just enough so that she can properly defend herself against other female BW fighters.

But we are not talking about turning Ronda into a world class striker. We are talking about improving her striking just enough so that she can properly defend herself against other female BW fighters.
Looks like you were right. She needs to change something(camp is a good place to start), was not competitive at all.
She might lose to Amanda 10/10 times but Ronda is capable of more than she showed.

Back