why did Ronda not change coaches?

Edmund has been with her since before the start of her MMA career, and while his skills as a striking coach are questionable, there is more to being a coach than the ability to teach technique.

I believe that he was a large part of the her strong belief in herself, which got her to where she was. I honestly think that a change of camps would have possibly been to her detriment.

Who would have been a better camp for her?
fTTBLia.gif

Although she lost badly, she still only has one loss and a lot of dominant wins.

Who would have been a better camp for her?
Anywhere else........BECAUSE i dont see the same game plan as usual with ring rust working on a world class fighter like Amanda. Holly Holm beat Ronda. Badly. There is nothing that makes me believe Amanda cant do the same withe her longer reach.

Even the oddsmakers on Oddsbraker diss Edmund.

It's easy to suggest a fighter change camps after a loss, and dismiss all of the good things that got them there in the first place. I think Rhonda could benefit from another camp, but she has been with Edmond since the beginning and that has been the formula that got her where she is today.

Although she lost badly, she still only has one loss and a lot of dominant wins.

Because he taught her .... grappling? Judo?

She should have bailed to Kings MMA in Huntington Beach years ago. She would have been incredibly amazing. I still say she is a great, but not a once in a lifetime.

Edmund has been with her since before the start of her MMA career, and while his skills as a striking coach are questionable, there is more to being a coach than the ability to teach technique.

I believe that he was a large part of the her strong belief in herself, which got her to where she was. I honestly think that a change of camps would have possibly been to her detriment.
But that can only take you so far. Sooner or later you are gonna run into opponents who are better than you, and the only way you are gonna beat them is by becoming a better fighter.

But that can only take you so far. Sooner or later you are gonna run into opponents who are better than you, and the only way you are gonna beat them is by becoming a better fighter.
True, but she was never going to do this for a decade or longer.

Because she's 12-1...with 12 finishes...11 finishes in the 1st round...10 finishes within a minute....5 finishes within 30 seconds....7 consecutive successful title defenses....etc...etc....etc...

Probably didn't think she needed to find new coaches just because she was exhausted going into the Holly fight and lost.

Because shes not autistic and understands that losing one fight isn't her coaches fault but her own.

Back