Why did Rogan say Stylebender is the greatest striker he ever witness during the UFC 263 broadcast?

In his prime, when you watched an Anderson Silva fight, you thought something magic could happen, and until the Weidman fights, it usually did.

Izzy is no doubt a great striker, but he is not the matador or showman that Silva was. With Izzy, I do not expect magic to happen; I expect Izzy to use better footwork and range to outstrike his opponent consistently. It's fine.

Who made up a fantasy fight saying one would easily win? I certainly didn't.

I think Izzy is just as good of a striker as Silva is in MMA.

Silva in his prime had trouble with chonan standing and was taken down and subbed. Weidman slept him. If izzy isnt the best cause lol fat WW Gastelum then neither is silva for the reasons i just mentioned
Well i think you didnt read your own post in which you clearly claim Izzy would be comfortable against prime Andy. And you only made it worse by putting in MMath in the mix now to strenghten your fictional claim.

Fact is when they fought Andy CLEARLY was long out of his prime. Other than that its different eras with different skillsets needed. Also Israel isnt even close to Silvas accomolishments yet. We can make claims about greatness when He gets like 4 more title defensses under his belt.

Besides "striker" in MMA is a very misinterpretated and unclear term, since you could even make the argument that Ngannou is a super good striker because of his sheer effectiveness whilst clearly doesnt posses the greatest technique.
Most people who think Izzy is this godly striker think that because of his alledgedly high level technique, which is a misinterpretation of his extremely good range management and his tricky feints. Techiquewise his boxing for example isnt better than even most MW contenders.

Yeah its sad how quick people forgot prime Anderson, the greatest fighter ever.

Because it’s his job to hype up fighters and the fights they are in.

QUOTE="Blanqa Blanqua, post: 165149226, member: 419843"]Yes the HYPERBOLIC SHILL DID - it made me WILD for a split second

then I was like

I AM NOT LETTING THIS DRUG ADDICT RUIN MY PPV

And never thought about it again

But seriously, the guy has ZERO scruples or integrity nowadays[/QUOTE]
He's said before that he'll hype guys up for promotion even if he thinks they're gonna get destroyed so during a broadcast who knows if he's telling the truth. When he says it in conversation on his podcast then he's most likely just saying whatever hightened emotion he's feeling at the time.

Joe Rogan job is to hyped up the fighters and make things exciting for the casual viewers. Non-casuals probably thinks he an idiot as he’s always call someone “the greatest _____ ever”

How many KOs in UFC does Anderson have vs KOs does Izzy have in UFC? Who uses more weapons with their striking Anderson or Izzy?

Until Izzy's KO highlight reel is at Anderson's level you shouldn't compare them.
Prime for prime Izzy beats him imo. Also, saying Israel is not high level in KB is like saying someone like Withaker is not high level in MMA. Israel had 2 losses at the beginning of his KB career, than beat everyone, lost a decision to Willis, probably best p4p kickboxer in the world at the time, and it was a super close decision. He also lost twice to Alex Pereira, who imo is now the best p4p kickboxer in the world and the only guy to beat him convincingly. How do you think Silva would fare against those guys in KB? lol

Rogan is an idiot. He hyperbolizes like no one else.

The guy called Max the consensus FW GOAT after two title defenses and still calls him that despite having two losses to Volk and less than 1/2 the defenses of Aldo.

She is though.
Olympic medalist
Put women’s MMA on the map
Brought WMMA to the UFC
Second highest selling PPV fighter. Highest before Conor.
Finish most of her opponents in the first round.
Bronze medal, not worth shit.

She didn't put WMMA on the map - Gina and Cyborg did. All Ronda did was temporarily make it into the flavor of the month.

WMMA would be in the UFC at some point.

Sure she had the second highest PPVs following Conor but you can put basically any flavor of the month celeb who made a sex tape into the main event and get the same numbers - she was a freak show.

Her opponents were soccer moms previously fighting for a bag of tampons. And the decent ones like Cat were just unlucky.

Rousey is the most overhyped, misunderstood person EVER in MMA. Websites had her number 1 P4P and KOing world champion boxers...she was cast as a role model for young women despite being an utter shitfest of a human being who lives on jealously.

Fuck that bitch.

rogan is a commentator. his job is to explain the fights and whats going on. he isnt supposed to play favorites and shill for the ufc and specific fighters.

Yes the HYPERBOLIC SHILL DID - it made me WILD for a split second

then I was like

I AM NOT LETTING THIS DRUG ADDICT RUIN MY PPV

And never thought about it again

But seriously, the guy has ZERO scruples or integrity nowadays

Im starting to dislike him. Ive noticed he has been putting down afighters , he did it to maia. Maybe he is tolling

I’ll give you the first Marvin fight but no way in hell the second was close what did Marvin do to make it close he got no real punches on Izzy and all his tds went no where really sounds like y’all just trying to find ways to discredit a guy y’all don’t like to be honest

You can't lump me in.

I actually like Israel. So you can't just assume I'm like others, and this character-type Izzy-hater you're picturing.

I'm a fan.

But his dominance is exaggerated, his skills are exaggerated and yes Marvin didn't do shit to him, but Izzy barely did shit to him either beyond a few leg kicks. He didn't fuck him up.

Back