Why did Riddle get released an Jones didn't?

Origami

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
1011528_550908861613268_2109493905_n.jpg

WAR Matt Riddle!!!

Star power. Riddle was never going to make waves, only roll joints.

Marijuana is against the rules for use during or out of competition. And he got caught 2 or 3 times.

Riddle wasn't cut because of pot.

He was cut because of a comment he made.

"I smoke weed so I don't beat my kids"

That's why

One failed an in competition drug test for a banned substance and one failed an out of competition test for something that isn't banned out of competition?

Well, Riddle is also a terrible MMA fighter. You can't discount that.

Other than "drugs" there's not a single similarity between the Riddle situation and the Jones situation. Not sure why anyone would expect a similar outcome.

Remember that fight that Riddle had, where he was basically shadow boxing someone in the cage, yeah that was great

Didn't Riddle test positive for it being in his system during the fight?

Riddle wasn't cut because of pot.

He was cut because of a comment he made.

"I smoke weed so I don't beat my kids"

That's why

This, along with the fact that he failed two post fight tests.

Because reasons

Riddle tested positive post-fight twice for marijuana in the space of a year.

Jones tested positive out-of-competition for cocaine - which isn't a WADA punishable offence - once

Whether you agree with Jones' cocaine use or not, Riddle was in breach of the WADA code, Jones was not.

Well, Riddle is also a terrible MMA fighter. You can't discount that.

Yeah. He's a terrible 8-3-2NC fighter with 12 fights in the UFC, including his debut (7-3-2NC UFC record). He deserved to be released.

It probably has something to do with Jones possibly being the best fighter of all time in his prime and Matt Riddle being Matt Riddle. Just a guess.

Back