Why did Khabib call out GSP instead of Tyron Woodley?

Oh for sure, B! Tyron Woodley is a giant. Just a huge monster! Khabib who has missed weight twice at LW and is purported to walk at 190-200 lbs surely could never fight him because he's too damn big for him.

Woodley-McGregor.png
From this picture conor is bigger than woodley and we all know thats not the case.

khabib wanted the harder fight.

No it would still be seen as bigger legacy fight because GSP is the goat.
Fuck outta here with this BS. Any retard can see the excuses people would give if Khabib beat GSP..

HURR DURR PRIME GSP WOULD BEAT KHABIB
HURR DURR THE WEIGHT CUT WAS TOO MUCH FOR HIM
etc etc.

Fuck outta here with this BS. Any retard can see the excuses people would give if Khabib beat GSP..

HURR DURR PRIME GSP WOULD BEAT KHABIB
HURR DURR THE WEIGHT CUT WAS TOO MUCH FOR HIM
etc etc.
It doesn't matter that Tyron is the tougher fight.

The MMA world sees GSP as the goat and beating him would put Khabib in much higher standing. Tyron is unknown. That's just how it is.

Look at what happened to Khabib's name when he crushed Conor. Conor is not even close to as good a fighter as Ferguson but his name alone bolstered Khabib much more than Tony even could have.

It's offical, you heard it here on Sherdawg first.
Kabob is ducking Woodley.

It doesn't matter that Tyron is the tougher fight.

The MMA world sees GSP as the goat and beating him would put Khabib in much higher standing. Tyron is unknown. That's just how it is.

Look at what happened to Khabib's name when he crushed Conor. Conor is not even close to as good a fighter as Ferguson but his name alone bolstered Khabib much more than Tony even could have.
Actually it fucking does. The legacy fight is always the harder and more challenging fight.

Becuase GSP is the greatest fighter in UFC history who is a once and a life time opponent, and Tyron Woodley is Tyron Woodley.

But why should Khabib be the one to move up? He has had one successful title defense while Tyron has had 3. Why doesn't Tyron offer to cut down to 155 like GOAT SP did?

He self admittedly walks at 205ish and at an extremely low body fat, that is why.

He won't go up, he won't do down... Seem to me like he is more than contempt fighting the Tills, Martys and Colbys of the UFC. Which is fine. He doesn't owe it to anyone to take a fight outside his weight class, no fighter does.

Khabib has a definite path to victory against Woodley by forcing him to grapple non-stop, gassing him out and dominating the grappling exchanges in rounds 3-5 when Woodley is gassed. Woodley is a fighter who carries a lot of muscle mass and has to fight very economically and efficiently in order to not gas early. What happens when you match Woodley against someone like Khabib who has the means to force Woodley into non-stop grappling and has an amazing gastank, allowing him to grapple for 5 rounds straight? Woodley gasses, that's what.

It would be a tough fight for Khabib, no doubt, but only a complete moron would think that Khabib has no path to victory. Also, I know some of you dumbfucks are going to bring up the TIbau fight, but that was a roided TRTibau and a Khabib who was yet to be trained by Cormier at AKA.

Because Woodley couldn't draw flies to shit, as the old saying goes; he's a PPV buyrate killer.

1. Woodley is more dangerous fight for Khabib than GSP because of his speed and punching power.
2. GSP is a money fight, Tyron is not.

Woodley has one of the best Takedown defences in WW, Khabib would be forced to keep it standing and get absolutely obliterated.

I think op is still mad khabob stomped the little irishman head in.

Because Woodley couldn't draw flies to shit, as the old saying goes; he's a PPV buyrate killer.
The fight would do big numbers regardless. Khabib is apparently a huge star now according to Khabib fans and this is a fight for a second belt which is easily marketable, Tyron is also coming off a finish of Darren Till who was supposed to be the next big thing. Of course it would draw less than a GSP fight but not by a huge amount, I say it it does 200k buys less but the fact that it would earn Khabib another belt against a legit amazing champion should be worth it if he cared about legacy. Unless you are saying that Khabib is a liar and a fraud who only cares about money.. is that what you are saying?

I think op is still mad khabob stomped the little irishman head in.
Why would I be mad? I'm not the one who got wrestle fucked and submitted by Khabib in front fo the whole world, lol.

Give it up Snoozley. Nobody gives a shit about your Tyquill fights. Even the KOs are boring as fuck lmao

Why would I be mad? I'm not the one who got wrestle fucked and submitted by Khabib in front fo the whole world, lol.
How come you didn't start a thread about why GSP didn't want Woodley and Khabib instead considering they are in the same weight class?

Back